Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Capture the Flag

Concept »

A game in which the object is for each team to retrieve the opponent's flag and return it to their own base. Typically used in multiplayer first-person shooter games.

Rules of Camping

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By s10129107

Ok, camping in deathmach = lame, thats agreed upon.  That being said in capture the flag I should be allowed to loiter around my base to defend the flag.  How come everytime i'm trying to defend the base i get accused of camping.  Am i supposed to offer them an open invitation to grab the flag, or would they rather a mindless dash for the flag for all parties involved to ensure theres no teamwork at play whatsoever.  It's not camping, it's defending the flag!!!!!!!!

Ok, also, it's Field lattice Generator.  What is the a for.  Field lattuce asparagus generator.  Field lattice aristocracy generator?  Why do they have to insult our intelligence in the first place?  No, lets not pretend we're in a real war, save us all the contrivances and just tell us: HERES A FUN GAME WHERE YOU SHOOT THE OTHER PEOPLE.  Is that too much to ask?  (Referreng to Unreal 3 and all similar games that do that kind of thing.)

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Jedted

@s10129107: I'm with you on the first point, keeping the other team from stealing your flag is all part of the game. If anyone doesn't like that then that's their problem.

As for the second point, i think your making too much of a big deal about it. Who cares what the "flag" is called?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

If your not moving in Counter Strike, your playing wrong ( Im assuming its Counter Strike ).

You should also always have your knife equipped when moving, a feet i can teach, but never remember my self.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Loafsmooch

Camping is a term used by immature people who get mad when they die.

As long as we're not talking about a fast-paced gamemode where one team is attacking while the other is defending, and an attacking player is camping in his base, then there's no such thing as camping. I've played CS for 10 years and Americas army ops for 5 at high levels. It's called using your brain, tactics. But try explaining that to the kids who think you should gimp yourself by running head first into a wall of enemies...

Pro tip: ignore people who use that term.

Edit: @Jedted: WTF? A 4 year old thread? :|

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marcsman

@Loafsmooch said:

As long as we're not talking about a fast-paced gamemode where one team is attacking while the other is defending, and an attacking player is camping in his base, then there's no such thing as camping. I've played CS for 10 years and Americas army ops for 5 at high levels. It's called using your brain, tactics. But try explaining that to the kids who think you should gimp yourself by running head first into a wall of enemies...

I disagree. Campers who camp at spawn points are a holes. Guarding a flag IMO does not constitute camping.

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By stonepawfox

wise fwom yo gwave

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dagbiker

@Marcsman said:

@Loafsmooch said:

I disagree. Campers who camp at spawn points are a holes. Guarding a flag IMO does not constitute camping.

I think he was talking about CS, and Americas Army. I do not know about Americas Army, but CS does not, normally, have respawns, ( But it is server dependent )

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TobbRobb

@Dagbiker: He mentions UT in the post. Which is heavily dependent on its CTF mode. Just saying.

Also, wtf. Longest time between first and second post ever?

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Loafsmooch

@Dagbiker said:

@Marcsman said:

@Loafsmooch said:

I think he was talking about CS, and Americas Army. I do not know about Americas Army, but CS does not, normally, have respawns, ( But it is server dependent )

Well, I was talking about shooters in general. Granted, I have a negative attitude to anyone who wildly accuses others of camping, and I don't really enjoy shooters with respawns (except the occasional CTF in Q3 or something). I see your point about people who camp spawnpoints though, it's not very sportsmanlike. Still, unless the developers of the game in question specifically designed anti-spawncamping features, I don't see anything wrong with it. If it's in the game, use it to your advantage (as long as you're having fun).

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By s10129107

I can't remember starting this topic. 4 YEARS ago, unbelievable. That was the beginning of Giant Bomb.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marcsman

@Loafsmooch said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Marcsman said:

@Loafsmooch said:

Well, I was talking about shooters in general. Granted, I have a negative attitude to anyone who wildly accuses others of camping, and I don't really enjoy shooters with respawns (except the occasional CTF in Q3 or something). I see your point about people who camp spawnpoints though, it's not very sportsmanlike. Still, unless the developers of the game in question specifically designed anti-spawncamping features, I don't see anything wrong with it. If it's in the game, use it to your advantage (as long as you're having fun).

Camping at spawn points is lame and ruins the game. Try Killzone 3 against some German players and you will find out real quick how much camping sucks.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By s10129107

@Loafsmooch said:

@Dagbiker said:

@Marcsman said:

@Loafsmooch said:

In the context of a game like UT or Quake 3, where survival depends on gathering resources, i think spawn camping is very lame. It's not so much of an issue anymore since modern games don't allow spawn camping as much and item camping had died out because you don't have to collect items anymore.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Loafsmooch

@s10129107 said:

I can't remember starting this topic. 4 YEARS ago, unbelievable. That was the beginning of Giant Bomb.

Sometimes, your past sneaks up and hits you in the face.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

How does one find a 4 year old thread to post in?

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Jams

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

How does one find a 4 year old thread to post in?

WITH NECROMANCY!

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Marcsman

Alright here is the golden rule for camping. If you wake up in the morning with your pants down around your ankles and vasoline smeared all over ass. You better tell somebody or I'm gonna ask to go camping the next time.

Nuff said..........................

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dagbiker

@TobbRobb said:

@Dagbiker: He mentions UT in the post. Which is heavily dependent on its CTF mode. Just saying.

Also, wtf. Longest time between first and second post ever?

Didn't see the UT thing, also I wouldn't have assumed it was CS:GO had I seen it was created 4 years ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.