Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty

Franchise »

Originally starting as a World War II-themed first-person shooter, the Call of Duty franchise now incorporates other time periods and conflicts and can be found on virtually every modern platform.

Would you buy the Modern Warfare trilogy if it came to current-gen (PS4/One) and PC?

• 75 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you buy the Modern Warfare trilogy if it came to current-gen (PS4/One) and PC? (365 votes)

Yes I would. I would like it. 17%
    Hell no... I wouldn't mind buying other remastered games, but definitely not this. 28%
    Maybe, if it's done correctly. 19%
    Not only would I not want this, I don't want any more remastered editions of games! 8%
    I probably wouldn't buy it myself, but I wouldn't mind if it existed for those that would want it. 28%

If it came in one package, and it was kind of like Metro Redux, where they all looked and played pretty much the same, and then for the multiplayer, it takes the best aspects from the three and makes a definitive version of it. Personally, I would just for the campaign; I really liked the Modern Warfare campaigns. That'd be about a twelve hour experience give or take I think. Obviously, they already run in 60fps, so there'd have to be a bit more done to it to make it worth it, but yeah, I'd personally be into it. How about you? It's just a thought, and I feel I'm probably in the minority on this, but oh well.

• 
    Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I never played MW 3, so playing them through like a movie trilogy would be pretty neat.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no & I don't want anymore remastered games.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Option 2. I want anything related to Call of Duty to just go away and be forgotten as quickly as possible but i dont mind good old games being remastered.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm going insane. I thought it was bad when studios were releasing annual iterations on the same tired franchises, but now they're literally releasing the same games all over again and everyone's acting like it's not bullshit.

Remember ~06-07 when major studios were taking risks and putting out new IPs with fresh ideas? That was pretty good. I liked that a lot more.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Yes I would, easily. I really enjoyed those games and plan on rebuying them (3 is all I have left to purchase) but just buying a trilogy pack for the new consoles would be cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A trilogy? No. If I could buy just the first Modern Warfare, I totally would.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My process on buying remasters usually takes into account two things.

1) Is the original game easily available? In this instance those games are all 20 bucks on Steam, whereas compared to, lets say Shadow/Ico remaster, good fucking luck finding Ico.

2) Do they really really really do something with the game worth buying a remaster? What can you possible do to the COD games? Up the graphics? Maybe? The controls are fine, the levels/general gameplay really don't need much change.

So for my own personal system, naaaaaaah, wouldn't be worth it. They still look good, play good, and are super easily available.
    When I want a remaster I want someone to dig deep, like the original Syphon Filter games, that would be a nice surprise.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Nah, that's cool.

Call of Duty 2 Remaster? Now you be talkin'

It is the 10 Year Anniversary after all!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm pretty sure all of the Call of Duty games are far more disposable than something like the Halo games. I really don't think you could do a Master Chief Collection type thing for Call of Duty.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By MEATBALL

I'm totally okay with remasters, I kind of really like being able to play some of my favourite last gen games on the new systems but Modern Warfare isn't a game I have any interest on owning on PS4/Xbone (it probably helps that those games run great on the last gen systems as it is and look surprisingly fine for what they are.)

To get me interested in a CoD Remastered package I think they'd have to go Master Chief Collection with it - but with all of the last gen CoDs from Modern Warfare and onward.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: I figured that would imply redoing a lot of assets. I doubt they would put that much work into it. In other remasters, just increasing the frame rate and resolution is great but for the PC version of Call of Duty games, they are already high-res and high frame rate.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By notnert427

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but the idea of remastering Modern Warfare 2 is gaining some traction. A petition for this has managed 100k signatures in a week, and news of that is making the rounds on yahoo, facebook, et al. Granted, petitions generally don't do much of anything, but who knows. I thought it noteworthy that there does seem to be at least some interest in this actually happening.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd love to play COD 4 and MW2 again on new gen systems but not if they make any game play changes like you said. If would have to be done like the Master Chief collection where each game plays like the original. If they took away the feel of those games it would change them fundamentally and I wouldn't be interested.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CByrne

I don't really care either way, but the thing with these games is that Cod4 ran at 60 fps, so going back to it feels perfectly fine. sure it looks a little muddy because of what we are used to now, but it's still an excellent playing game. There is no need for a re-release.

Aounslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Short answer, yeah. I probably would buy because I have friends who will be totally into this so it'd be nice to go back to the old games. There really hasn't been any other game since Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops that brought my entire group of friends together.

All they really have to do and put those games out as is and it'll sell quite well, but I think Activision could make it something spectacular if they go the route of The Master Chief Collection(without the broken-ness of the package, of course). Think about it, how amazing would it be if every map from Modern Warfare 1 on up was playable in one package, in one playlist? If you had access to every gun, every killstreak from every game? As a fan of those early games in the series(Black Ops, being my personal favorite), I think a bundle like that would be absolutely magical and I would absolutely be willing to pay full price for such a product - if done right.

Realistically though, while I don't doubt that such a remastered collection is probably in the works somewhere in Activision, I do doubt that they would actually do anything more than the absolute minimum required to sell the package. I do hope that they include the Black Ops games in as well, though. Apart from CoD4, I do think the Black Ops games were better than the rest of the MW games.

NinjaTard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

We have more than enough "remastered HD Deluxe All-Inclusive Money-Grab" editions of games we've played before. Lets move forward for the most part and only remaster the legendary games that are either really out-dated or that aren't available anymore: Final Fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid, ChronoTrigger....I can't think of anything else which would be served by a modern 3D graphics HD upgrade. I'd really rather move forward to get NEW legendary games than replay games I already have from my 360 or PS3.

I loved the survival levels in Modern Warfare 3 but the story won't have the same impact this long afterward or by replaying it and we have Advanced Warfare or Ghosts for multiplayer so it just seems like a waste of resources.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Sure I wouldn't mind losing another few days (in game time) to CoD: MW multiplayer.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

People seem to forget or don't care that these games were horribly unbalanced multiplayer-wise. I think it would be a terrible idea, imo.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to play that sniper mission from the first game again with updated graphics. It is one of my favorite FPS levels ever.

GiantRobot24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sold my 360 versions of these games a long time ago. Maybe I'll get the first one on PC if it's ever on sale again because I like its campaign. I liked Modern Warfare 2 but not enough to buy it again, and I thought Modern Warfare 3 was boring.

Same here. I've taken a break from cod since MW3 so I wouldn't mind revisiting the first one. Still remember how insanely I excited I was when I got that beta code for it and played Crash for the first time.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it doesn't matter if games get remastered, but I haven't given a fuck about CoD since they left WWII.

Also always thought they were best enjoyed with mouse and keyboard, but hey that's just me and my old fashioned PC shooter ways.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the package was heavily discounted I'd consider it just to romp through the single player again.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think so. I haven't played any CoD past WaW. Was interesting in getting AW recently but didn't.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Would it come out this year? Yes? Fuck it, not like we have anything else to do from May onward.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'd love to see a remaster of COD 4 with some remade maps like the Halo 2 remaster. They could even remove martydom, which was easily the biggest downfall of that game.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@flasaltine: I wouldn't bother with AW. I beat the campaign and played online for a few days then got bored with it. And you have to pay $15 to get zombies cause they lumped it in with the first Map Pack.

Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, if it was similar in concept to MCC and the multiplayer actually worked, I think it'd be a neat thing to buy for $60.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.