Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 04, 2016

Set in futuristic 2080, the 13th entry of the Call of Duty series brings a war that spans our entire Solar System.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Impressions

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't tried multiplayer or zombies yet, but I just finished the campaign. Took me about 8 hours. This is my first Call of Duty since the first Black Ops. I've been interested in Infinite Warfare since knowing it was gonna be space-y, hearing yesterday that it's more sci-fi than expected sealed the deal for me. I have to say it didn't disappoint on the sci-fi angle. I think if you like shooters and space stuff, you'll probably enjoy this game. There's a decent mix of regular shooting, zero-g shooting, and spaceship flying. The story has some issues, but overall I really enjoyed what they did here, especially the character Ethan. What does everyone else think so far?

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The campaign is good. Like, really good! Consider grabbing it from Redbox and playing through. It's very sci-fi. So sci-fi that it got me amped to play a new Mass Effect soon.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm loving the campaign so much!

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Really great campaign, multiplayer is just an improved Black Ops 3 in my opinion - though it does feel better. Haven't touched Zombies yet, I'll at least give it a shot.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Quipido

I think I a the oposite of the "typical mainstream CoD player", I have no interest in Zombies, I will play multiplayer maybe for an hour to see what's up, I am mainly interesed in the Campaign and the shift to the future made this game that much more interesting to me. And now all I hear is praise so I will definetely pick this one up at some point. Need to play Titanfall 2 first tho. Good times!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Seeing the heavy sci-fi influence got me. Everything I've heard or read say the campaign is good and different than your standard CoD. Zombies looks like dumb fun. The mp is probably what I'll play the least, but who knows. Excited to start the campaign tonight.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Jeff said there's a section where you're in an asteroid belt, in a spacesuit, with a sniper rifle, shooting at spaceships in the quick look. That sounds like enough to warrant a rental from a Redbox for me.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I just played the early Moon level and HOT DAMN this game moves. Really efficient pacing, writing and encounter design. Not a huge fan of the weaponry, especially considering I just played Modern Warfare Remastered and all those guns still feel and sound phenomenal. The lack of loading and cutscenes that link each mission together really smoothly context-wise just make everything feel slick. Early impression = the campaign has gotten back to the straight ruthlessness that the Modern Warfare campaigns had.

Dispossession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing this positivity is starting to persuade me more and more to pick this up. I've been on the fence about getting this game.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Still waiting for Amazon to ship my copy that I pre-ordered in May.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Quarters

I mean this in the most positive way: I think this might be the best Killzone game. Not a multiplayer guy, but really digging the campaign so far.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My interest in CoD has definitely waned over the years but I dedicated to buy this and I'm really enjoying it so far. Only played an hour of the campaign so far but it's been very enjoyable and I'm interested to see where it goes.

I've only played one MP match each on IW and MWR but man have I got bad at CoD MP. Still seems good though.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a pretty great year for surprisingly good shooter campaigns.

doomguy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think it's fantastic, the campaign feels fresh, I like the side mission structure. Kit Harrington's performance is a bit cringeworthy but overall a huge improvement on Black Ops 3 on the story front.

Multiplayer is just systemically a tweaked version of last years, but I think the map design is a lot more interesting. The amount of stuff to unlock is just astronomical too.

Zombies seems cool, lots of little quirks around the theme park aesthetic that are cool, seems very complex though.

fetterdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Really enjoying the campaign so far. One question, though: when selecting missions on the bridge, is there a strategy to when certain missions should be picked? I can't tell if the success rate estimates go up or down over time, or if there's any drawback to doing a bunch of side stuff before story missions.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetterdave: It's actually technically better to do the side stuff first, regardless of order. You get upgrades through doing those that helps with the other missions. I honestly don't know if the success rate thing matters that much. Some upgrades might make some missions easier but whatever. You can survive doing pretty much any order. They do tell you when you are about to hit the point of no return (through dialogue, not a prompt), however.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only been playing zombies so far (I wanted to play the Killing Floor 2 beta but couldn't get a game, so I figured this was the next best thing.)

It has actually been a little harder to get a game of Zombies going than I expected (on Xbox One) but once I've gotten in it's been pretty fun. Feels like the Left For Dead 2 amusement park level a little bit, though obviously it's still CoD Zombies. I really like the 80s aesthetic, except the rapper character is a little bit racist. I see what they were going for but they miscalculated a little.

The sci-fi weapons also add to the overall aesthetic, which is really neat. Neon-soaked evil funhouse with exploding clowns and aliens and all kinds of weird side-objectives and buyables.

I will definitely play the campaign and probably mess around with competitive multiplayer some too.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really like the 80s aesthetic, except the rapper character is a little bit racist. I see what they were going for but they miscalculated a little.

Maybe use the word stereotypical rather than racist? It seems a fair bit more accurate, and less accusatory.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates said:

I really like the 80s aesthetic, except the rapper character is a little bit racist. I see what they were going for but they miscalculated a little.

Maybe use the word stereotypical rather than racist? It seems a fair bit more accurate, and less accusatory.

No, I meant what I said. I don't have a problem with stereotypical. All the characters are SUPPOSED to be stereotypical, and there's nothing wrong with that in good fun, but the rapper stereotype crosses the line into racism at times. It's not egregious enough to be really offensive to me, but it's an unnecessary bummer in a mode I am otherwise enjoying.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The campaign has been really bombastic and a ton of fun so far. Too bad it runs kinda rotten on my PC. After Gears 4 looked gorgeous and ran smooth like butter I kind of forgot that maybe my hardware isn't what it used to be and unless your game is optimized out the wazoo, as apparently Gears 4 was, then you're not gonna get a smooth ride.

I might get it on PS4 just to blast through the campaign though cause it is exactly the sort of cool sci-fi stuff I love.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Man... that really sucks to hear that the campaign is so good because I absolutely hated the multiplayer beta. I wouldn't mind the zombies aspect of it either, what I saw streamed looked fun. I guess I might have to get this at redbox sometime. I'm guessing as well that those of you who have played the multiplayer can explain if it is as lackluster?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

The ship to ship combat is cool. There's also some nice set-piece stuff. Otherwise, the campaign is markedly worse than Advanced Warfare.

In fact, after beating this, I was still kind of in the mood for more of this type of thing, so I went back to clean up the trophies I missed a few years ago. If not for the ship stuff, Advanced Warfare would feel like a sequel to Infinite, not the other way around.

I've never liked zombies in these games, and the multiplayer is just similar enough to Titanfall that it only makes me want to play that instead. Good thing I got this from Redbox. If nothing else, the campaign is DEFINITELY worth $3

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished the story and liked it a lot, the sci-fi angle was a big plus for me. Overall I liked BO3 more, as far as the story goes, that one went so sideways I absolutely loved it. Also in this year's game the side missions are ok, but they detracted from the main story a bit too much. When I'll replay this at some point, l will just skip them.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished the campaign and thought it was one of the best out of any Call of Duty, even though the ending was a bit too rushed (although this is a criticism I have of most video game endings).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

May have to redbox this after I'm done with TF2 campaign; just because of all the campaign love it's getting from here.

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The campaign is fantastic. I have never played a Call of Duty game before, and I'm glad this was the one I jumped in on.

The multiplayer is... different from what I am used to. Regarding shooters, I come from Overwatch, so the twitch military console shooter is something I haven't really played before. I'm not sure if I like it yet, but it's not bad per se.

Zombies looks like a lot of fun, hoping to dive into that this evening.

The campaign, though, really does sell itself in my opinion.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

What does everyone think about the multiplayer?

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

It's my favorite shooter that came out this year. It was also the only one I wasn't planning on getting. Glad I did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.