Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Now this is one hell of a kill (fixed)

DarkTemplar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarkTemplar

In WMD there was a sniper really far away like on the other side of the map. I had an M16, He shot me, wounded me. I fired Two bursts with my M16, hitting him, but he lived as well. He shot me again, I was down in last stand with a python. I fired my python and got a headshot from all the way across the map to a guy who appeared as nothing more than a tiny black silhouette. It was epic.   

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

Meh.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By groin

I love throwing concussion grenades at second chance users.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By gamb1t

wheres the jumping tomahawk to the tiny spec

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By eric_buck

That's pretty cool but you're still an asshole for using second chance.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Edin899
    @Eric_Buck said:
    " That's pretty cool but you're still an asshole for using second chance. "
    This. 

Second chance is for pussy's. 
    It is one of the reasons i stopped playing, my k/d is 2.2 and when i shoot you, you die !  

Pussy
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Skytylz
    @Eric_Buck said:
    " That's pretty cool but you're still an asshole for using second chance. "
    This and you really started a fucking thread for this?
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By mikemcn

Nice shot.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Nice kill!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

Not impressive.  KB+M can do shit like this on a constant event.  :|

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @CL60: Hell no I'm not fucking joking! How the fuck do you think real snipers get into the profession?
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Warfare
    @SathingtonWaltz said:

" @CL60: Hell no I'm not fucking joking! How the fuck do you think real snipers get into the profession? "

This made me laugh .  
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By meptron
    @SathingtonWaltz said:
    " @CL60: Hell no I'm not fucking joking! How the fuck do you think real snipers get into the profession? "
    they play CoD, duh...
    KennyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KennyPowers

Second chance is the worst.  Automatically terrible video just because it implicates you as one of that crowd.

Aounslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Aounslaught

Yeahh... Sorry mate, but that's nothing to be proud of, really. You denied a man his hard earned kill. No matter how you look at it, using Second Chance is a dick move. 

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By laserbolts
    @KennyPowers:  The crowd that want to use the best possible perk for that slot?
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By groin
    @laserbolts said:
    " @KennyPowers:  The crowd that want to use the best possible perk for that slot? "
    Honestly, I love trolling players that use second chance. I never revive teammates that use it. I kill all enemy second chance users with concussion grenades. Also, second chance is not better than hacker and marathon.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Enigma777

Ugh, another Second Chance asshole... 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jakob187

Judging by many of the comments in this thread, you muthafuckers need to learn to KILL someone, not complain about Second Chance.  Tactics and gunfire, folks.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By shivermetimbers

They made it very easy to get second chance pro and that's 6000 xp for free. I must admit to using it until I got the challenge that required me to kill 5 people in second chance, but it is an asshole perk.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No problem with Second Chance. You just suck if you get killed by that perk. THAT'S RIGHT. 

Anyways, nice kill.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ryanwho

Killer youtube spam brosef.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks like karma fucked u up the ass with a napalm.  that was a dick move, that guys should have killed u.  then again he was camping...

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pwnasaurus

i miss the days of counterstrike skill videos when it was actually impressive.

Raiden361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Raiden361

@DarkTemplar:

Second chance is the most frustrating thing in this game, - especially when they kill you whilst falling into second chance, still able to fire there primary for some unknown reason. Or my favorite of all when they knife you whilst falling after being out gunned in close quarters.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By xMP44x

Honestly, I can never follow the argument that Last Stand is a 'noob perk'. Out of the times you're killed with it, not many of them will leave you in a position where you can get a kill. If you're hosed down from behind, then you're not going to be able to attack the enemy. If he's at long range, most of the time you won't be able to attack. I have never witnessed this 'primary weapon while falling' stuff either. When someone falls into Last Stand, I pull the trigger again and that is that. If someone is willing to use the perk, and sacrifice his ability to do something else, then yeah, let them. They're using the perk for that one opportunity where it works out: and that opportunity doesn't necessarily come often. 

@Raiden361 said:

" Sorry but second chance is lame and this kill is not that great, you get outplayed and then panic spam your python to steal the kill. Nothing but using a noob perk and getting lucky.  Second chance is the most frustrating thing in this game, - especially when they kill you whilst falling into second chance, still able to fire there primary for some unknown reason. Or my favorite of all when they knife you whilst falling after being out gunned in close quarters.    Nothing is worse in this game than the experienced bitch chance users who have unlocked the ability to be revived - I never revive any bitch chance user on my team and frequently throw decoy grenades on there body to attract the enemy. You got out played, take your death and respawn - dont rely on your bitch chance. "

I'm sorry, but I honestly hope I never play a match with you online. He 'panic-spams' his Python. Not a big deal - I've seen plenty of people spam a pistol without being in Last Stand / Second Chance. It's a completely acceptable tactic online because you're able to fire your pistol at that rate without a modified controller or other advantage. If Treyarch limited the rate of fire, then yeah, don't spam the pistols. As I said above it is a luck related kill, and I don't feel this perk is too frustrating. The name 'Bitch Chance' makes you look like a child as well, because when someone has used a Perk enough to unlock the Pro ability of it, then why bother complaining? The idea of the Pro version is that it provides an advantage that the standard Perk doesn't. I see no reason not to allow them to get revived: at least it promotes working together, even if only a little. Did you feel getting revived in Bad Company 2 was a 'noob' thing to do? No, you didn't. It made sense, and it helped the team out. Nobody 'relies' Last Stand - it's more of a 'passive' perk considering that it only has an effect occasionally. The fact you don't revive users of the perk makes you into the kind of person I hope I never meet when gaming online. 

My stance is clear, so I won't argue it any further.
    Magesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Magesx

What is so hard about shooting someone again when they're down? The "going into Second Chance" animation is different enough from other death animations that you should be able to recognize it quickly and efficiently.

Unless you're bad.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By AhmadMetallic

nothing impresses me after i got a guy who was across the map in BC2 with my sniper rifle right in the head, twice 

he was less than a black dot.. a transparent half-a-dot

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MaddProdigy

Dude posting this was probably not a good idea, us COD players aren't the most rational or mature bunch. Obviously by using last stand, pretty much free kills in a perk, you suck at the game...or you suck at using only certain parts of the game...or...something.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheGremp

Alright, I've only played Blops once or twice, but these comments are killing me.  If I've only learned one thing in all my years of playing games online, it's this: if something was meant to be in the game, (i.e. not a glitch) then it's fair game. 

If someone uses Second Chance, that's their strategic choice.  They're using one of their perk slots with what must be one of the best in the game, considering all the butthurt surrounding it.  If you think a weapon, perk, or tactic is overpowered, use it.   You'd have to be a fool to let "honor" get in the way of winning.  Calling a certain portion of the game cheap is like making up your own personal ruleset for the game.  Doing this causes you to play a completely different game than anyone else, thus destroying any chance at high-level competitive play.

Raiden361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Raiden361

1) The primary weapon while falling thing does exist.

For example, I have

never ever

seen a situation happen, where me and another player (both

not

using second chance) fire at each other and both kill each other simultaneously - yet when facing someone using second chance I am regularly killed by their bullets fired by their primary weapon just as they are falling into second chance. So if in 'perk-less gameplay' it is impossible to both die simultaneously from each others fire, then why can a player using second chance kill me with there assault rifle - yet I also took them down into second chance at the same time? Obviously they have been able to continue spraying there primary while in the first frames of second chance falling.

2) The opportunity to get good use out of second chance does come often for alot of second chance users - espeically those users who have used it so much they have unlocked the pro version and can now be revived.

For example: If people using second chance attack in groups - you bring down one and naturally move your aim quickly to the other, meanwhile you didn't even get the first kill because hes busy sitting on the ground with his pistol out. Often this can cause hesitation where your caught between whether to aim for the second chance user and his team-mate.

3) Yes, panic spamming your pistol in last stand is an acceptable tactic.

4) I have no problem with revives in BF:BC2 because the person who took down the player still gets a kill from it. Additionally, the person who has been killed is not sitting on the ground shooting back while waiting to be revived. Moreover the person doing the reviving is also unable to fight back as they have to have the defibrillators out instead of their gun.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGremp
    @Raiden361: If you want to keep living in ignorance, not using tactics because they're "lame", fine.  Just know that you're only limiting yourself. 

Consider this: If you died in any game, and a dialogue popped up saying, "Do you want to live? Y/N" what kind of idiot would say no?  Better yet, what kind of idiot would hinder his chances at winning by refusing to revive his own teammates?  It's simply not logical.
    Raiden361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Raiden361

Second chance just ruins the flow of the gameplay, plus there are other perks to use, just none as frustrating as second chance.

lemmdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lemmdawg

I can think of many things far worse in the game than second chance.  Like dolphin diving.  Noob tubes.  Chopper gunner.  Gunship.    People spawning behind you.  Hackers.  Admins who think you hack.  Updates that make performance worse.  Teammates who think every mode is deathmatch.  If you don't like parts of the game there's an easy fix.  Stop playing it.  That's what I did.   I mean treyarch had plenty of opportunities to fix a lot of gameplay balances/issues and yet they still kept many aspects that people hated.  

Maybe I'm generalizing a lot, but CoD players are some of the most unhappy people I've played with.  If it's not second chance, it's cheap guns, or camping, or kill streaks, etc.  Even in the one game mode I like "Sticks and Stones" I'll get called a fag when I tomahawk someone even though that's the point of the mode.  If you don't enjoy aspects/tactics of the game don't criticize the players who use them.  I used to criticize people who noob tubed back in MW2, and all that came of it was me enjoying the game less and getting angry at anonymous people when the easiest solution was right in my face.  Stop supporting a developer that seems to perpetuate the same problems one iteration after another.  

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#35  Edited By Yummylee

Ya'lls a buncha pussy faggot n00bs!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abyssfull said:
    " Ya'lls a buncha pussy faggot n00bs!!!! "
     This. 

If there is anything that this topic has taught me, it's that I never, EVER want to play a competitive FPS ever again. 
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By laserbolts
    Yeah the black ops player base is pretty retarded.  Wahh you use a perk that is in the game to use and i'm too retarded to finish you off with one bullet or even a flash grenade when you go down.  Reviving someone takes like 2 seconds so refusing to do so because they are bitches is quite possibly the most retarded thing i've ever heard why dont you just go play free for all if you have no sense of teamwork.  I thought i read someone say marathon would be better? how so? running longer is a good thing in a call of duty game all of a sudden?  There's always something in these games that people whine about but really it boils down to people sucking and getting killed by something enough that they rage on it.   
    Raiden361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Raiden361

Just because something is in the game doesnt mean it necessarily should be. Somethings dont make the game better, they make it worse.

For example, Martyrdom. The developers of COD4 admitted that it was a problem and had been put into the game to help bad/new players - but was abused by high level players. Players who used martyrdom were disliked by the majority of COD4 players because the perk ruined the flow of the game-play and resulted in cheap/frustrating deaths.

Second chance is similar in these respects - and is equally disliked in Black Ops.

The added revival ability just increases the ability for it to be abused by high level players, running together in groups - allowing teammates to kill enemies before they can finish off downed second chance opponents and allowing people to more regularly get higher tier kill-streaks.

Many people believe it is frustrating, cheap and should not be in the game.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Enigma777
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " nothing impresses me after i got a guy who was across the map in BC2 with my sniper rifle right in the head, twice  he was less than a black dot.. a transparent half-a-dot "
    Man, I love sniping in BC2. Not only cause of the bullet drop but also the fact that you get more EXP the farther your opponent is. I remember the first time I got 500+ xp for a single long-distance kill
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#40  Edited By beargirl1
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " You just suck if you get killed by that perk. THAT'S RIGHT.  "
    word. 
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Thats alright I guess. 
    AvidAnarchist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AvidAnarchist

A shared YouTube video starts a heated debate about a perk that spans two pages. God I love the internet.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By captain_clayman

not bad, even tho second chance is kinda douchey

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ben99

That must have felt sweet ! but SC is booooooolsheeeeeeeeet 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.