Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 12, 2018

The Call of Duty release for 2018 ditches a traditional single-player campaign in favor of expanded multiplayer and Zombies modes and a battle royale mode known as Blackout.

Thoughts On Blackout Mode?

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sahalarious

This is the first COD i purchased in YEARS, felt like it was time for a level everything up kinda shooter, but as a huge PUBG and Fortnite fan I think the real push to purchase came from Blackout mode. After about 6 or 7 rounds, I think its....good? Theres something about the COD engine in the sandbox format that feels off, just a little bit too janky, but overall its working out better than expected. I wish the map was less rigid, (died by the blue circle because the Dam doesn't have a way up) and the fact that there are zombies in the world is absolutely awful, but I've had a blast between the gunplay being so refined, and the halo style driving.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

They said something to this effect on the bombcast, but it's a nice middle ground between PUBG and Fortnite. You still need to be tactical, but you can also lob 4 grenades at someone and shoot a rocket lol.

I've had a good time so far, but no chicken dinner (are they calling them that?) yet.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

It's fun, but it looks almost...unfinished. All the assets have a weird, flat color to them and everything just feels off. I don't know, it's hard to describe, but the first match I played was very jarring.

darkjohnny47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By darkjohnny47

I like it better than PUBG and Fortnite.

There are no idiots building walls while I'm trying to shoot them and PUBG is such a mess on Xbox (the only place I have to play it). I actually uninstalled PUBG and Fortnite.

I'm still terrible at Blackout, but i love the feel of the shooting and the movement.

Got to #2 and #3 solo.

edit: won a solo game, but the achievement for winning Blackout didn't unlock, it shows in game, but i feel like without the achievement, i feel like no one will believe me. lol

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@darkjohnny477: I enjoy fortnite but have refused to engage with the building, so I only have one win, this is what we all needed.

@big_denim:I'm sure theres a better comparison but it really feels like PUBG did early on PC. It runs smoothly but yuck.

Why did they put zombies in? does it bother anyone else?

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtb08: I think it fits with what they are going for with the map also referencing other multiplayer maps.

I haven't had an issue yet because the zombies are clearly marked. There is Asylum where they always will be, and then there will be a pillar of light marking the "random" zombies. If you clear whatever building they are in you can get some sweet loot.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me it’s just as impossible as any other BR game so I’m not really into it.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying it my best finish so far is a 6th place. I'm by no means a beast at battle Royale but this is the first one where I genuinely feel like I'm getting better. My battle Royale record currently stands at:

1 solo battle Royale - Fortnite (only played a handful, 10/15 at most so christ knows how I managed this)

2 2nd places 2 3rd place PUBG

1 solo 6th place Blackout

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of it feels good, but I have issues with the armor system. It feels like you’re punished for engaging anyone before the final circle. I’m not sure if they intended to reward a more passive playstyle, but with a few tweaks or maybe a hardcore mode, I would love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.