Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bungie

Company »

Bungie is a development studio owned by Sony Interactive Entertainment. They are the creators of the Marathon, Myth, Halo, and Destiny series of games.

Activision Lawsuit Has Details on Bungie’s Next Game

• 106 results
    1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By 1337W422102

Sounds Hacktivision enough.

EvanFavreau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By EvanFavreau

Activision is using the dumb-as-hell, never-gonna-happen name of Xbox 720 in a legal contract? So weird.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By BPRJCTX

They're probably regretting leaving Microsoft, right about now...

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#104  Edited By ptys

So does that shed more light on why Microsoft doesn't do exclusives? It's like Mass Effect, perhaps they published the first one, knowing it would have a continuing story line, then dropped the sequels because they were clever enough to see all original fans would have to continue to play on said system. Maybe I'm reaching a bit, but that's the first thing that came to mind when reading this?..

Avatar image for deactivated-649f07b15d7b8
    deactivated-649f07b15d7b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Kyle said:

@drewmaw said:

Codename Destiny, i.e...

Actual title: Smhalo

Starring: Smaster Chief

Slogan...Finish the smite.

Well done Bungie, well done.

And you're reading that from the codename "Destiny?" So, are you psychic, or are you just operating under the world's most invented logic?

Haha, clearly I was being serious... ;)

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By blacklab

I soiled me britches a bit when I read Marathon reboot

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By bingbangboom

@skelington_ said:

@bingbangboom said:

I think this gives us a better idea that a new "Xbox" console won't be coming till at least 2014. This game is scheduled to debut on the Xbox 360 in 2013. It could be a year where there maybe a overlap with a new console coming out but one would think Bungie would want to work and concentrate on the new hardware.

This is pretty much what i was thinking. Perhaps it's worth bearing in mind that the contract dates back to April 2010, so there's a possibility things have shifted around since then (as Klepek stated), but it basically sets up a vague "2014" release window for new consoles in my mind, which near enough aligns to the whole 10-year console lifespan philosophy touted a few years ago.

This paragraph sticks in my mind:

"Per the agreement, Destiny would be an Xbox 360 exclusive released in fall 2013, with a sequels arriving on new hardware platforms from Microsoft, Sony, and a version on PC. It specified four games, with sequels coming every other year."

Could the next-gen 'sequel' to the 360 exclusive be a launch-window game? If Bungie's next project is that big a deal to Sony et al., could we theoretically see a new console being released in 2015 rather than the year before? Hypotheticals, of course, and that does seem rather extreme, so alternatively, is it perceivable that Bungie could move their goalposts capitalize on the arrival of a new hardware platform(s)?

It could also be possible that the 360 game will be a different sort of game that sets up this new universe. Especially if the new game does have MMO like features. MMOs have changed radically since the consoles were first launched, with many going Free to Play. I could see Bungie/Activision wanting to act on this and charge $60 for the game but have a ton of added items and such that would be optional but developing a game around DLC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.