Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Borderlands 2

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Sep 18, 2012

Return to Pandora as part of a new group of ragtag Vault Hunters in this sequel to the 2009 first-person "role-playing shooter" Borderlands, now with new crazy enemies, new crazy character classes, and even crazier weapons.

Dismemberment Still Does Not Work

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

At this point, I have got to ask if anyone else is still having issues with this.

Everything I have ever read was that it was broken when Physx was set to High. Unfortunately, setting it low or medium has done nothing to fix it. Even updating drivers with a clean install has done nothing.

I am still on a 480GTX and on the latest drivers -- 320.49.

Searching Google I cannot find anything recent about this issue. Has anyone had as much trouble as I, or found a way to correct this?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I didn't even know this was a problem. Never had trouble removing limbs in this game.

Edit: AMD Hd7870, i5 3470, 8GB RAM. Incase you needed to know.

Edit 2: what about the rest of the game? Any other issues?

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: Rest of the game is flawless. I was able to fix it originally by lowering the Physx setting. However, that no longer seems to work at all after the numerous updates. I don't even really care that it doesn't dismember, it's just that I know it should and want to know why it isn't.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@tycobb: Dismemberment also doesn't often happen when fighting enemies that are on or above your level. Can you try gojng back to an early area?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

You're not connecting to Steam from a German or Australian IP, are you?

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: Hmmm, I went back to Normal mode and went to first area, mostly everything was an instagib, but was able to get some shots where their legs or arms were being blown off. I tried on level 35s in TVH mode (I am 40), but couldn't cause a limb to go or a head to blow up. Been playing for the past 2 days and have not witnessed a single dismemberment in my main game. That just doesn't seem right to me, but it's obviously working after testing your suggestion.

@ravenlight Nope.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@tycobb said:

@believer258: Hmmm, I went back to Normal mode and went to first area, mostly everything was an instagib, but was able to get some shots where their legs or arms were being blown off. I tried on level 35s in TVH mode (I am 40), but couldn't cause a limb to go or a head to blow up. Been playing for the past 2 days and have not witnessed a single dismemberment in my main game. That just doesn't seem right to me, but it's obviously working after testing your suggestion.

@ravenlight Nope.

It does the same thing on the 360 version, for what it's worth. I only remember ever dismembering enemies much lower level.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, it appears it is only headshots that is not working. I loaded up my level 32 Assassin and can get legs constantly to go, but not a single head explosion.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.