Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 18, 2019

A spiritual successor to Koji Igarashi's games in the Castlevania franchise, led by Igarashi himself and funded through Kickstarter. Control the mysterious "Shardbinder" known as Miriam in a demon-infested 18th century England.

Bloodstaind - Already over?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ry_Ry

So I just defeated Gebel and got a short short cutscene and then a game over message. I feel like there's probably more game here or whatever since I 've barely gone over 50% of the map.. but I dont know what to do! my save brings me right back to before the fight and i did it again and same thing.

I feel like I've missed something sizable but i'm also feeling more than just a little put off about going back in. Did this happen to anyone else? For whatever it's worth i'm playing on a Switch Lite.

JeedyJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JeedyJay

Yeah, you got the equivalent of the "killed Richter" ending of SotN. Keep exploring castle and looking for other things to do. It took me a while to find out what the way forward was.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this happens to everyone. Personally I suggest just looking up how to advance the game from there. The answer is a bit obscure and while it's a call back to SOTN it wasn't fun to try and figure out for me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

The SotN style Castlevanias always do this. There's a thing you need to do in the final boss fight. There's no shame in looking it up. I imagine you could figure this one out with enough exploration and experimentation, though.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Bad end.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By csl316

There's a lot more. I recommend just looking it up. Probably something you can figure out by wandering around but I don't remember how vague it was.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d17e8766caf
    deactivated-63d17e8766caf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There are other areas to play through. Eventually you'll be given an item. Read the description.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you everyone! I've found another area to go and by accident (or high drop rate) i'm able to get around in it.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Good luck and enjoy. I thought Bloodstained turned out great, playing it as a Metroidvania. I hated the crops/food/item quests and didn't finish those.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.