Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Aug 21, 2007

Venture into the mysterious, Utopian underwater city of Rapture and discover what has turned it into ruin in this first-person epic.

I'm not enjoying Bioshock

• 64 results
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By Bones8677
    @Goly: Keep playing, man. You'll have a different perspective on everything you just wrote in a couple of hours, if you start playing now.

killakevin3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By killakevin3

It's an alright game, but I agree it doesn't deserve the high ratings so much. The story was easy to predict what was going on, and after the ending all i could think of is.... "Is that it?" i was pretty dissapointed to say the least. But that's just my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Goly:  the ending is like the worst part
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@HandsomeDead said:
    " It's a bad game in a unique atmosphere. "
    This is exactly what I think. 

The part where you're actually siting there, playing the game? That's probably the worst part about Bioshock. The difficulty is really uneven and the game's sense of pace is hampered a lot by the fact that, after about the halfway-marker, enemies start to get much, much more resilient to damage for no marked reason. It sort of negates the fact that your plasmids are growing in strength, because they're just as (in)effective as they always were against enemies scaling to your power. Pretty dumb.  

And, the atmosphere aside--which is really the game's most striking feature (rightfully so)--the story isn't incredible. In fact, I'd argue that the narrative is pretty thin until you're three-quarters of the way through the game, at which point the game kicks the narrative into overdrive and tries frantically to reign everything in. I was actually pretty unhappy with the endings. And having played through the game twice absolutely debunked any sort of desire I may have had to experience the game's universe another time, be it in another playthrough of the original or with an excursion into the sequel. 
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#55  Edited By Jedted

I decided to re-install Bioshock again because i wanted to experience the whole story for myself, i bought a while ago on Steam but i never finished it.  One reason being i kinda spoiled the ending so there wasn't that element of mystery.  Also i was kinda annoyed by the pacing of the story, everytime you take 3 steps forward they make you go 2 steps back. 

The not being able to fire guns and plasmids consecutivly also felt like a major hinderance to me.  I don't know why the devs never though about that when they were working on the game.  Especially when in the first level Atlas says "Give em the combo, zap em then wack em", after you zap em however you still gotta get your wrench to wack em. 

That's my 2 cents on the game. 
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By natetodamax

I feel like I'm the only one that enjoyed Bioshock's gameplay. I bought it again a few months ago simply because I find it fun to play.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE
    @natetodamax said:
    " I feel like I'm the only one that enjoyed Bioshock's gameplay. I bought it again a few months ago simply because I find it fun to play. "
    You're not the only one.  I quite enjoyed it as well.  I do however you could dual-wield plasmids and weapons like you can in Bioshock 2.  I'd love to go back and play BS1 again but I know I'm going to be annoyed with having to switch back and forth.  I'm sure I'll go back and play it again at some point though.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By Kyreo
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NTM

I beat this game about five times now; for instance, I just beat it for my first time on the PC. That's probably why though, it made me want to go through it again and again since I played it on 360 first, twice through, then PS3 twice through, and now PC. I think I'm done. I don't think the gameplay's bad at all, but I have to agree about one thing, I don't like all the non-human A.I. They make me waste ammo for no real good reason (since I'd rather be quick and not use the wrench every time), but it also doesn't make me wish they were all left out of the game. And the endings aren't that satisfying. Overall, Bioshock's one of my favorite games.
    chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By chrissedoff

i didn't think bioshock had very good shooting and i thought the rank-and-file enemies you fought seemed like a bit of a contrivance. but overall i thought it was a cool universe, good story, a lot of interesting ideas at work. i liked it, but probably wouldn't replay it. so i can kind of see how someone might not be 100% into it. the big daddies are cool though, i have to say you're straight up wrong about that.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By nintendoeats

I had to start Bioshock 3 times before I enjoyed it. Its all about approaching it as an experiment in narrative, and not as an action game. That worked for me, I cannot guarantee that it will work for you.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By intro

Didn't care for it when I first started playing. Then I got into it and loved it.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By soldierg654342
    @Goly: Play the game on the easiest difficulty. The story is really the only thing the game has going for it (provided you haven't played System Shock 2) and the lack of a death penalty makes the enemies a nuisance, not a threat, so there's no point it making them any more of a hassle than they have to be. 
    Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ragdrazi

Story was great. Playing the game was a lot like clicking the right mouse button, then clicking the left mouse button repeatedly. Massively boring.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.