Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

ElectroBolt Issue

dpedal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dpedal1

So after playing through Bioshock 2 for the first time I felt like all I really did was use ElectroBolt + Shotgun all the way through the game.  I was a little frustrated with this and decided to play through again and impose a rule on myself.  I was not allowed to use ElectroBolt (with the exception of areas in which it is required).  I put the game down to easy to allow myself the ability to experiment without the worry of death.  After doing this, the game really opened up as far as combining different plasmids and weapons. 

So...anyone else notice the issue of defaulting to a tried and true formula when it comes to combat in this game, did it frustrate you like it did me, and how did you try breaking free from this issue - if you did at all?

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

unlike the original bioshock, switching it up is actually much better. If you play on the hardest setting you'll notice that you can't get by with just the electrobolt. Incinerate, enrage, security bots, pretty much every plasmid is usefu..

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Strange, I absolutely hated the shotgun in Bioshock 2.

dpedal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dpedal1
    @jadeskye said:
    " unlike the original bioshock, switching it up is actually much better. If you play on the hardest setting you'll notice that you can't get by with just the electrobolt. Incinerate, enrage, security bots, pretty much every plasmid is usefu.. "
    Now I haven't tried the game on hard, but that is good to know, perhaps that will be a third play through in addition to trying to find all the Audio Logs. 
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Darkstar614

Seems like everyone went through with just a couple weapons and plasmids. It's not really a bad thing. The idea is you're supposed to get bored of the same plasmid over and over and use a different one at different points in the game.

For me I upgraded Bees and Drill to max as fast as I could. But I found myself using some other stuff in between just for some variety.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.