Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bionic Commando

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 18, 2009

Bionic Commando is the follow-up to the NES classic of the same name. The game revolves around the protagonist's bionic arm used for swinging, and combat.

I wonder if...

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Eli

I wonder if Jeff, and no disrespect to him, liked this game more than he would normally have since it was an old NES rather than a new IP. All reviewers of it, for that matter...

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Eli

Bump.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

1) Didn't an admin say no vague topic's on purpose?

2) Lame to bump your threads

Kind of a pointless topic.  Jeff had his opinion and it'd be stupid to try to say what he's thinking.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

It could be because of his nostalgia. Same goes for Punch-Out!! Both these games were before my time, however, both look very interesting. It's a shame that most reviewers were kids in the 80's for this reason.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By daz0608

Here's a crazy idea, maybe Jeff gave it the score he did because it was a game worth 4 stars?

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By I_smell

Some people might be expecting alot of it because Re-armed was so great. I am, anyway.

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eli
    Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    1) Didn't an admin say no vague topic's on purpose?2) Lame to bump your threadsKind of a pointless topic.  Jeff ... [more]
    Okay well one, you have no authority to tell me what to do. You are not an admin. And even so, I am not doing anything wrong. What the admin politely asked me to do was for curtosy. I guess I forgot to do it here. And two, how is it bad to bump a topic that has been idle for a while? Maybe I want to see what people think. And three, it is not pointless. It is a discussion. I am not trying to say what he is thinking, I am wondering if he liked it more because it was a Bionic Commando game than a new IP. If you have nothing to say here other than crticise me, then please leave. Kind of a "pointless" post for you, eh?
     As for EpicSteve, thanks for posting a relevant and valuable response.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud
    Eli said:
    Stephen_Von_Cloud said: 1) Didn't an admin say no vague topic's on purpose?2) Lame to bump your threadsKind of a pointless ... [more]
    Just trying to make the giantbomb forums readable man.  Not an admin, just would like this to be a good forum for discussion. These kinds of threads bring it down.
    Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Oriental_Jams
    Opinion. He has one.
    Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eli
    Oriental_Jams said:
    Opinion. He has one.
    You mean me or him?
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By trophyhunter

not sold on it maybe the ESRB can help with there summaries
    This is a shooting action game in which players control a bionically-enhanced commando who battles a massive terrorist force. Players can traverse through a city in ruins and use a variety of firearms (guns, sniper rifles, etc) on enemy units. Weapons such as the hiker/sniper rifle can decapitate soldiers resulting in blood splatter that stains the environment and the player's screen. Frenetic combat is highlighted by screen shakes and realistic sound effects (gunfire, explosions, demolition) which add to the intensity of battle. Strong profanity (e.g., "f*ck" and "sh*t") can be heard in the dialogue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.