Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bicycle

Object » linked to 262 games

A mode of transportation that requires the pedaling of the user and no gas. Always has two wheels unless otherwise dismembered.

This is How you Blog About Getting Hit by a Car:

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By FunExplosions

I was just hit by a car on my bike. Actually, it was almost two hours ago, now. I'm not sure if I'm considering it as some horrible ordeal, though, because I don't have a mark on me and I got right back on my bike to finish my mission. What was my mission you ask? CVS before they closed. What was I to get? Cotton swabs.

On the way back from CVS, I realized my bike had a completely bent front wheel, bent sprocket, and bent handle bar. I'm also realizing how there was totally a witness and how I totally could have milked her for all that her rich BMW-giving father was worth. But sometimes you just really need cotton swabs, you know? So I picked up her license plate and yanked open her door. She says, "I - was about to pull over - to help you," then I said "Take this:," gave her the license plate, then said "Just... be a... fucking... better driver," and the shut her door and rode off to CVS, where I changed my shopping list to now include a six pack of beer (they sell alcohol at CVS in California).

So, now I'm sitting here drinking, trying to find a way to take my mind off that stupid fucking cunt. It's crazy, because I fuck with people that honk at me on my bike so bad, yet I let this girl get off with a few dents and scratches on her hood and a missing front plate.

P.S. I'm sober enough to realize that I'm drunk enough to have made this blog incredibly incomprehensible. Feel free to ask what the hell I'm talking about.
    P.P.S. This was indeed a legit "I got hit by a car" situation. I had the little white man telling me to walk or "ride" through the crosswalk, she was looking behind her, I was hit at a good 20 miles per hour. I flew into the intersection, and my first concern was if I was about to be hit in the face by the bumper of a speeding car on an incredibly busy street in Los Angeles. Luckily, my panther reflexes in combination with my Kodiak muscles allowed me to resist maximum fall-damage and pop back to my feet. Just thought that needed clarification. For the record, I'm drunk. Thoughts? Tell me how you really feel.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FunExplosions

I was just hit by a car on my bike. Actually, it was almost two hours ago, now. I'm not sure if I'm considering it as some horrible ordeal, though, because I don't have a mark on me and I got right back on my bike to finish my mission. What was my mission you ask? CVS before they closed. What was I to get? Cotton swabs.

On the way back from CVS, I realized my bike had a completely bent front wheel, bent sprocket, and bent handle bar. I'm also realizing how there was totally a witness and how I totally could have milked her for all that her rich BMW-giving father was worth. But sometimes you just really need cotton swabs, you know? So I picked up her license plate and yanked open her door. She says, "I - was about to pull over - to help you," then I said "Take this:," gave her the license plate, then said "Just... be a... fucking... better driver," and the shut her door and rode off to CVS, where I changed my shopping list to now include a six pack of beer (they sell alcohol at CVS in California).

So, now I'm sitting here drinking, trying to find a way to take my mind off that stupid fucking cunt. It's crazy, because I fuck with people that honk at me on my bike so bad, yet I let this girl get off with a few dents and scratches on her hood and a missing front plate.

P.S. I'm sober enough to realize that I'm drunk enough to have made this blog incredibly incomprehensible. Feel free to ask what the hell I'm talking about.
    P.P.S. This was indeed a legit "I got hit by a car" situation. I had the little white man telling me to walk or "ride" through the crosswalk, she was looking behind her, I was hit at a good 20 miles per hour. I flew into the intersection, and my first concern was if I was about to be hit in the face by the bumper of a speeding car on an incredibly busy street in Los Angeles. Luckily, my panther reflexes in combination with my Kodiak muscles allowed me to resist maximum fall-damage and pop back to my feet. Just thought that needed clarification. For the record, I'm drunk. Thoughts? Tell me how you really feel.
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FCKSNAP

I woulda fucked that bitch! I'm not drunk your drunk! STFU

No seriously, I would just sleep it off and see how you feel in the morning.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I think they sell cigarettes and beer at our CVSs in North Carolina. I could be wrong about the smokes. Glad you're okay.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By beej

Oh shit, welcome to the "hit by a car" club. I wish Oregon had cool liquor licensing laws like california does. 

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Skald

I once got hit by a semi-trailer. The damn thing totalled my grandfather's Infiniti, which was a pretty nice car.
    That was two years ago. It was not a nice day.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zityz

Man glad to hear your okay. Honestly they will give anyone a license to drive as long as they have the money. I would have done something else about it. You'll be sore for a while if not the rest of your life. She'll probably forget in a week. 

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Marcsman

Was it as bad as this?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Sue.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By AlexW00d

Fuck man, good to hear you're ok.

At the very least, make that bitch pay for your bike repairs.
    Also, tomorrow, you're likely to be sore as fuck.
    dubios451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By dubios451

Hey man, my sister was in a hit and run accident 4 years ago. She was in the hospital for two months and we never found the guy. She had mild brain damage, a shattered left leg and a broken left arm. She has to go to a psychologist twice a week still for post traumatic stress disorder and her life insurance company is still dicking around trying to avoid paying her, she was crossing at a cross walk. She is in constant pain because her leg nerves grew back funny having been cut up so many times from operations. The cops told us if she had gone over the hood of the car instead of to the side and run over she would have been dead

I am glad you are okay, but remember it could always be worse. The same night my sister got hit, another girl was killed in a hit and run.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By sagesebas
    @FunExplosions:  I ride my bike all the time, and one thing I have learned is that a lot of drivers are complete shit.
    Super_Yosh_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Super_Yosh_64

My best friend got hit by a car while on his bike as well.  He had a few scratches and bruises, but was fine otherwise.  The funny part is that he just got up right away and shot off because he was afraid he would get in trouble by his mom, he was like 12 at the time.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By killroycantkill

I was hit by a car on a bike as well. I wouldn't say it was life changing or anything either. Just hit me at like 20km/h or something. But I knew the dude so he couldn't run away since we went to the same school lol. I also should have milked him more since I noticed after he drove off my MP3 player was broke in the crash.
    monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By monetarydread

Glad to hear you are okay - well, at least until you wake up tomorrow. I remember being in a car accident a few years back and I felt nothing at all that day. The next morning when the swelling hit I couldn't walk from the immense back pain. I suggest you go to a doctor and get things checked out. Even if it is just to cover your bases from a legal standpoint.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Sooty
    @extremeradical said:
    " I once got hit by a fucking semi"
    That's disgusting.
    leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By leebmx

Glad to hear you are OK I used to ride my bike around London loads so I know what its like. I think the way you handled it was perfect and very cool. Fuck suing people, there's too much of that.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lemmycaution217

I'm glad that you are okay, man. I always bike to and from school and a majority of people can't drive for shit.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FunExplosions
    @beej said:
    " Oh shit, welcome to the "hit by a car" club. I wish Oregon had cool liquor licensing laws like california does.  "
    It sucks, because this is only the second time I've bought alcohol since turning 21, and the guy doesn't even fucking card me. I'm surprised, because my hand was visibly shaking from the adrenaline rush. Maybe it was that look of "it's only downhill from here" in my eyes.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Yanngc33

My sister got hit by a car while riding her bike. Its amazing how drivers don't give a damn about bikers

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FunExplosions
    @MonetaryDread said:

" Glad to hear you are okay - well, at least until you wake up tomorrow. I remember being in a car accident a few years back and I felt nothing at all that day. The next morning when the swelling hit I couldn't walk from the immense back pain. I suggest you go to a doctor and get things checked out. Even if it is just to cover your bases from a legal standpoint. "

No health insurance! Hell yeah! ...but I'm honestly fine. Literally feel no pain this morning, and no one in the world would have been able to tell I was hit by a car last night. I'm mainly just pissed I didn't notice the damage to my bike right away. More money I don't have.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Glad you're okay FunExplosions, reckless drivers suck.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Glad to hear you're alright, if nothing else.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rb_man

Happy to hear your not dead.
    But I just can't help but think could it have been maybe just even the smallest bit your fault? I am just bring is up because I see bike riders running red lites and stop signs all the time. In fact I have almost been in two accidents trying to avoid bike riders running red lites. I am just saying it is not always the drivers fault. 

P.S. Someday you will be driving and almost hit a bike rider and you will think god damn they are idiots.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FunExplosions
    @rb_man said:
    " Happy to hear your not dead. But I just can't help but think could it have been maybe just even the smallest bit your fault? I am just bring is up because I see bike riders running red lites and stop signs all the time. In fact I have almost been in two accidents trying to avoid bike riders running red lites. I am just saying it is not always the drivers fault.  P.S. Someday you will be driving and almost hit a bike rider and you will think god damn they are idiots. "
    (read the "P.P.S." at the bottom of the post :P)
    rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rb_man
    @FunExplosions: Oh I miss read the part about the little with man telling you to cross my bad sorry. But my I think my other points still hold water.

i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By i69edUrGpa
    @Ygg said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    " I once got hit by a fucking semi"
    That's disgusting. "

lol....
    Hardgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By Hardgamer
    @Snapstacle said:
    " I woulda fucked that bitch! I'm not drunk your drunk! STFU

No seriously, I would just sleep it off and see how you feel in the morning.
    "
    Dude, don't ya think that it's harsh to do that nonsense?
    SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By SoylentGreen

Man, that sucks. It's good to hear that you're okay.

I used to live in a big city, and I saw plenty of people driving like idiots. Makes you wonder how the hell they got through the road test!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By ajamafalous

A friend of mine got hit by a truck while she was standing on the sidewalk waiting for the crosswalk light to turn signal that it was okay to cross. The idiot in the truck took the right way too sharply and went up about three feet onto the corner of the sidewalk and knocked her over, then sped off as the rest of the people standing there helped her up.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Subjugation
    @FunExplosions:  Glad to hear that you seem to be feeling okay. Do you still have the girl's info? If nothing else, I would see about getting her to pay for repairs and whatever medical expenses result from this. You don't get to hit someone and get away with it for free. Not in America anyway.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FunExplosions
    @weeman105: Sadly, I didn't notice the damage to my bike until after I let her go. Now I know to check for that stuff, though.
    joshy9411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By joshy9411

take your rage out on the minecraft server??

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FunExplosions
    @joshy9411 said:
    " take your rage out on the minecraft server?? "
    NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NegativeCero

Is it wrong that I'm picturing you as a Terminator, only you really needed those cotton swabs? 

Anyway, glad you're okay.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By Bruce

If this is true...you should play the lottery tomorrow.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By napalm
    @FunExplosions said:
    " What was my mission you ask? CVS before they closed. What was I to get? Cotton swabs.

But sometimes you just really need cotton swabs, you know? So I picked up her license plate and yanked open her door. She says, "I - was about to pull over - to help you," then I said "Take this:," gave her the license plate, then said "Just... be a... fucking... better driver," and the shut her door and rode off to CVS, "
    I love you so much for this response. Followed. Amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.