Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is a prequel that supposedly casts the player as an up-and-coming space pirate in an era when Humans are first creating animal-Human hybrids to serve as slave labor. The game is also known for constantly being delayed and in development hell.

Why does Ben hate the Cuss Monkey so much??

• 59 results
    s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I think it's a hard contrast from the PG feeling of the first game. Also i bristle when commercial things like this curse to sound cool and be in with the kids. I don't think this went that far and generally feel fine with it.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Let's not talk about.. the incident. It happened, it's best to forget.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm surprised to see so many sincere replies to this. I would imagine the real answer is that it's 50% a bit. Ben and Nick Robinson both frequently do the "prudish, anti-cussing guy" character and I'm just used to it at this point.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

All in all the trailer seemed promising. Everything was way over the top, just like the first game in its own way. Problem is, Beyond Good and Evil had a special place in its time and it'll be nigh on impossible to follow up on. I'm excited to see how it'll turn out either way. I sure hope for a good game though.

Loading Video...

The monkeys's 'tude isn't that out of place for the universe though. Viva la revolución - T-rating style.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't speak for Ben, for me it seemed a bit thick. Though I can challenge myself, having heard the frequent use of the word fuck, and listening to people in New York city.

It may then be a tonal thing, visual combined with the accent (in this case) plus the big attitude over-all. Perhaps bumping me in a dark place of my own.

It grated a little. But perhaps I could get used to it, when the character developed?

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He seems to be very vocal about some particular stuff he dislikes, but not on an hyperbolic comedic way like Jeff and Dan does. I noticed the way he reacts to the Monkey is very similar to the way he reacts every time South Park is mentioned. Yeah, it seems kinda weird and off-putting and it would be nice if he toned it down a bit, but it's not a big deal and he's still a cool dude anyway.

I kinda like the Money. I'm not going to stand here and defend the Monkey because I don't think it's great and some stuff about him definitely needs to be fleshed out, but I like it's concept.

Anyway, I think the "hold my chassi" line from the other character on the trailer was way more cringy and eye-rolling than anything the monkey did or said.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't say why Ben hates it, but i thought it came across as a lame and stupid looking character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a48350594a61
    deactivated-5a48350594a61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just thought the Pigman would've been the star of that trailer at first. I dunno the monkey was alright. Also c'mon, Ubisoft has been a cuss bucket developer for ages. Excessive cussing in games doesn't bother me unless its done tastelessly like a Rouge Warrior.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the actor pulled it off but the writing seemed to be trying a little too hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.