Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield

Franchise »

The Battlefield series is created by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The games focus on large maps and vehicle combat with a strong focus on class-based teamwork. The Battlefield series spans multiple platforms and has a strong PC based following.

Battlefield Series Coming to Steam?

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Brundage

So now that EA is releasing all of its games onto steam do you thing they'll do the same with Battlefield. How sick would that be? maybe put in some achievements and other little cool things. No more disc swapping or any of that bullshit. It would just kind of make sense, another really popular first person shooter on steam. . . kind of a no brainier, right?

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By Forcen

I hope the new Battlefield 1943 comes to Steam, with no additional DRM. I will never buy it of EA's download service. And hope they transfer over the achievements from the 360 version to steam achievements.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422
    Miniman said:
    "Meh, probably not. Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam are pretty much dead whilst Battlefield 2 and 2142 will probably die in the next year or so seeing as Bad Company, Heroes AND 1943 are being released."
    I assure you, Heroes, and Bad Company will definitely not throw off something like BF2. Everyone that plays BF2 still to this day knows that BC didn't even come close to the quality of that game. 1943 I'm looking forward to though, since 1942 is rather dead already, but heroes and BC won't change anything, especially if BC doesn't do a single thing that the first did.
    Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Brundage
    pause422 said:
    "Miniman said:
    "Meh, probably not. Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam are pretty much dead whilst Battlefield 2 and 2142 will probably die in the next year or so seeing as Bad Company, Heroes AND 1943 are being released."
    I assure you, Heroes, and Bad Company will definitely not throw off something like BF2. Everyone that plays BF2 still to this day knows that BC didn't even come close to the quality of that game. 1943 I'm looking forward to though, since 1942 is rather dead already, but heroes and BC won't change anything, especially if BC doesn't do a single thing that the first did."
    Ya we need a battlefield 3, preferably in space. That would be so epic.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond
    pause422 said:
     Everyone that plays BF2 still to this day knows that BC didn't even come close to the quality of that game.
    Maybe if those people had actually played BC...

What keeps BF2 alive is the same thing that keeps CS alive.  Low requirements.
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By maxszy
    Diamond said:
    "pause422 said:
     Everyone that plays BF2 still to this day knows that BC didn't even come close to the quality of that game.
    Maybe if those people had actually played BC...What keeps BF2 alive is the same thing that keeps CS alive.  Low requirements."
    And low requirements are a great thing. I know I went away from PC gaming because the requirements sky rocketed. Wouldn't have if they didn't.
    JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By JudgeDread
    Miniman said:
    1942 and vietnam are still great games, and I am sure that their popularity would skyrocket if they were released on Steam, D2D and so on. Especially since many with steam does not have high-end PCs.
    I think that having to find your CD/DVD and put it in your computer is a major reason people stop playing games and shorten their lifespan as well as decrease their community.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.