Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield

Franchise »

The Battlefield series is created by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The games focus on large maps and vehicle combat with a strong focus on class-based teamwork. The Battlefield series spans multiple platforms and has a strong PC based following.

Battlefield Series

Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
    deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I love this series up until the point where they tried to add more realism to the game. The destruction engine was a great touch and i liked it alot but the slowing when near a nade, the new enhanced gun play for took took the Battlefield name and changed it. 1942, the expansions, Vietnam were great games and i played these for hours, loved everything about them, just once the futuristic one and bad company came out just never appealed to me. I own bad company and have played the hell out of it cause my friends bought it. I love the call of duty franchise but the franchise that does it for me has to be Medal of Honor. despite what people said about Airborne, that game was completely off the wall bad-ass. can't wait to see the new Medal of Honor and what Battlefield has coming in the future.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By meteora

I'm wondering, what's the objective of this post? I cannot quite comprehend it...

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jkz
    @Meteora said:
    " I'm wondering, what's the objective of this post? I cannot quite comprehend it... "
    Why, just to share his thoughts, hopes and dreams with us unwitting internet travelers who were lucky enough to stumble upon them. 

I do believe there's a name for things such as this, a bl-something, I have forgotten.
    Avatar image for deactivated-608a5477560df
    deactivated-608a5477560df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry... forgot to end off by saying, any thoughts on the big shooter franchises right now? Whats your fave game in the series of whatever franchise? and whatever else you got on your mind about these series.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By meteora
    @jukezypoo: @Gellrock:  Just seemed like there was no clear objective or purpose to the thread, nothing that I can really comment on. Might be on my end of things.
    philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By philuk19

I think Medal of Honor, Call of Duty and Battlefield are the biggest FPS franchises on which I have spent way too long. Medal of honor really just Allied Assult, which was amazing and I loved the freeze tag game mode. Call of duty 1 just smashed it and I spent hundreds of hours in that game, mostly clan matchs and in rifle only mode, I still think it had some of the best MP maps ever. 
     Call of duty 2  was equally good with way better graphics, however never really got into that as much as the first. I think the series took a bad turn with COD4 but I still play MW2 on occasion. Battlefield I think Vietnam was outstanding, I loved the action and mostly the music. The setting hadnt really been explored before and experimenting with the traps and stuff was alot of fun.  Its the most stand out game in the series but BF2 was amazing and I have sunk alot of hours into that. The recent bad company 2 game is great, they have refined the gunplay and taliored the game for a more consolised audience but its still hella fun. 

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jmrwacko
    @Gellrock said:
    "  the slowing when near a nade, the new enhanced gun play for took took the Battlefield name and changed it. 1942, the expansions, Vietnam were great games and i played these for hours, loved everything about them, just once the futuristic one and bad company came out just never appealed to me. I own bad company and have played the hell out of it cause my friends bought it."
    I'm confused. What slows down when you're near a nade? Also, you neglected to mention Battlefield 2, which is considered the best Battlefield entry by most fans.
    Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Phantom_Crash

I missed 1942 and Vietnam because I did not have a proper PC at the time and did not know of them, same as most of the medal of honour series. Air Borne was ok, the snipe level was great. BF2, 2142 were great games and I can not wait for the next proper Battlefield to come out. I hope they don't mash the classes together like with BC1/2, I want my Assault, Medic, Recon, Anti-Tank, Support and Special Forces classes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.