Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 21, 2016

The long-running Battlefield series goes even further back in time in the 15th installment, this time to the first World War.

what? The single player is pretty good (so far)

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Zurv

What's this world coming to? Everything up side down! I'm enjoying the single player for a battlefield game. (So far!)

How am i playing? well.. if you sign up for the EA access or whatever it is called (you'll cancel it :) ) you get like 10% off the game AND start playing the game now. It is a trail version of something. But you get to play for 10 hours.

Sooo.. i get access now.. save some money on the game.. all good. The problem is I need to remember to cancel it. haha (also... i need to think about getting titanfall 2 too for the discount... hrmm...)

i made a quick video of the start (which i'm sure is already out there.. but this is a normal player playing (poorly!) :) )

oh.. it also run great. no problems running 100+ fps at 4k. ALSO!!! playing early now means i don't have pick a game on the "official" date. Civ 6 or BF1. That is hard (civ 6 was winning in my head...) But now i'll have some BF in my belly so the 21st will be civ :)

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Howardian
    @zurv said:

if you sign up for the EA access or whatever it is called (you'll cancel it :) ) you get like 10% off the game AND start playing the game now. It is a trail version of something. But you get to play for 10 hours.

Sooo.. i get access now.. save some money on the game.. all good. T

So you got the game for $58 and received access today, by paying for the Origin Access program which costs $4 a month? ($54 on the game with 10% off + $4 monthly subscription).

Oh yeah, I did see this trick on Reddit a few days ago. Neat! Enjoy it.

I'm gonna wait to see if the multiplayer is as sophisticated as BF4's is, otherwise the run-and-gun gameplay is not for me. So I'll wait and watch some live streams after release then decide.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you are wise sir. I'm a dummy and jumped in with the uber edition and got like $15 off.

It is dumb the all access doesn't work between PC and xbox one. I have it on the PC now (and my account is linked to my xbox in Origin,) but i don't have access to it on the Xbox. (why would i want this? *shrug* my girl friend could play something on it.. i guess.. )

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zurv said:

jumped in with the uber edition

You are rich sir.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a question, though this probably isn't the best place for me to ask it:

I have EA access, so I can get 10% off Battlefield 1, right? Is that only for PC and XB1? or could I purchase a PS4 copy of the game and still get the discount? I don't really play games on Xbox nowadays, but I wanted to try EA access cause I thought i'd be playing tons of PvZ Garden Warfare and Battlefield Hardline (I didn't) and I for whatever reason bought a yearly subscription to the service, so I might as well try and get this discount. I'd get it on PC but then i'd have to either go up agains't PC players while using a controller, or use Mouse & Keyboard, neither of which I want to do.

That campaign trailer was cool looking! So I have somewhat high hopes for it.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are the FOV options for single player? The alpha and beta both had the same "FOV options only for multiplayer" message of the previous BF games.

bendz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Downloading the 10 hour trial now, quite looking forward to it. Have to say that I do appreciate the EA Access trials. I still have 4 hours left on SWBF, I imagine that will last me until the game goes into the vault.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kasaioni

This video would have been a much better E3 demo than Snoop Dogg playing BF1, as funny as that was.

Bit cheesy at the end there.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zurv

@cikame: There are FOV options in there for both on foot and in a vehicle. I changed them before starting to play. I'll check later to see if they really had any impact on single player.

Dude.. stealth.. i walking around stealth killing people. Even a detection meter over units heads. oh this is a very different single player than i was expecting. (which is good.. because i was expecting to skip the single player)

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Nardak

I must say that the single player part seems better than most of the single player campaigns which i have played in the battlefield series. There are actually really touching moments during the first 2 missions which are available in the early access thingy.

Though I would be lying if I said that I wouldnt have had a bit of rough going during the second mission (which is lot longer than the first mission which could be termed as more of a prelude to the real campaign). But then it kinda hit me why I found the going a bit harder. Its because of the world war 1 style weapons which are a tad slower to load and less accurate to fire than most of the weapons available in battlefield 3 or 4 (also no laser sights or any of that other stuff that helps with the aiming). I am also a bit unfamiliar with some of the guns available since i didnt use most of them in the multiplayer beta.

But dice definately seems to have made some refreshing changes to the singpleplayer campaign. Then again it is still very early in the campaign so hard to say how it all will come together as a whole.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I am playing it on Japanese language and expecting anime weeabooness, much like in Battlefield 4 and Hardline, only to end up feeling grim about it at least for what's available now.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'm not far at all- having just launched the game but I have to say wow so far. I didn't expect there to be anything resembling a decent story but the campaign is pretty intense.

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I played through the available campaign levels last night, and really enjoyed it. Color me pleasantly surprised! Pretty stoked to play the rest next weekend.

Also, I want to say I heard something about Titanfall 2 not being on EA Access, which is pretty lame.

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@samael2138: yeah I saw that too - it's a big bummer personally because to me Titanfall 2 is a relative unknown - everything I hear is positive (mostly) and it looks interesting, but it'd go a long way to even get a 5 hour preview. It kind of bumped it down in the hype list for me and into the "wait and see" instead of a day one. The story looks cool, and the multiplayer is more than likely great like the first, but it's a little weird that a big EA property like this doesn't get the same treatment (maybe a huge day one patch is already needed, and the team needs to work on it up to launch?)

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anyone here who's interested in WWI should check out Dan Carlin's Hardcore History series on it.

Game's looks good. Looks like something I can sink my teeth into .

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@zurv: Heh. Apparently this is the first BF to add Arabic as well. I am really curious on how it sounds.

What's really interesting is that not all combat dialogue, at least in my playthrough in Japanese, are fully localized. Some soldier lines still speak normal English which makes a weird disconnect. While the guys in the tank are all properly talking in Japanese, I can hear an obvious "For King and Country" line.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.