Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 21, 2016

The long-running Battlefield series goes even further back in time in the 15th installment, this time to the first World War.

Quick thoughts on BF1

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here are some bullet points summarizing my thoughts on this game's MP so far on the PS4 (~10 hours):

• I'm really enjoying it. Much more so than BF4
    • There is a much greater focus on infantry combat, unlike in BF4 where I felt you HAD to play engineer due to the OP vehicles
    • semi-auto and bolt action rifles!!
    • the maps are, for the most part, really well done.
    • So far, people are actually playing the objectives
    • I love, LOVE the gas grenades. They are versatile and maybe, just a tiny bit OP.
    • The SMG's need to be nerfed. Decreased range maybe. If it were up to me, they'd be out all together.
    • The horses are really, really, REALLY annoying.
    • Bayonet charge 10/10
    • I'm aware France and Russia aren't playable. But I think we threw historical accuracy out the window when they included so many automatic and semi automatic weapons

Overall, super into this game. Share your thoughts!

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@conker: Seems similar to my feelings on the game so far too. The more I play, the more I keep coming across things to nit pick that irritate me. The range does seem messed up on some automatic weapons as I can fire half a clip into someone from a self-loader and get messed up from an SMG from miles away. It's hard to tell if it the game of people with terrible internet connections as the amount of times I fire rounds into people only to be killed by them and see they still have 100% health. Also I noticed that there's some terrible collision detection when firing over or around some types of cover. All in all still enjoying it and i'm sure they'll iron out some of the issues. I'm not sure i'm sold on the weapons overall as I play as a medic and all the rifles seems the same and NONE of them seem particularly good. Maybe it's just me.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conker: Seems similar to my feelings on the game so far too. The more I play, the more I keep coming across things to nit pick that irritate me. The range does seem messed up on some automatic weapons as I can fire half a clip into someone from a self-loader and get messed up from an SMG from miles away. It's hard to tell if it the game of people with terrible internet connections as the amount of times I fire rounds into people only to be killed by them and see they still have 100% health. Also I noticed that there's some terrible collision detection when firing over or around some types of cover. All in all still enjoying it and i'm sure they'll iron out some of the issues. I'm not sure i'm sold on the weapons overall as I play as a medic and all the rifles seems the same and NONE of them seem particularly good. Maybe it's just me.

I'm mostly playing medic as well. Dunno about you but I'm definitely seeing differences between the rifles. Probably a tie between that Mandragon and the 8.25 extended (with the default rifle a close second). I like that (at least from my experience) more players are actually paying attention when they die and a medic is nearby, instead of just insta resetting.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SMGs do not need to be nerfed. The only guns that need a nerf are snipers and one or two of the medic guns.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Going to jump in and say the single player is really fantastic so far. I got about an hour/hour and a half into the campaigns for BF3 and BF4 before I dropped them both. This seems to be much better then both of those so far.

I will agree, the multiplayer is dope. I like their game mode that links the maps together - a very Red Orchestra 2 inspired thing that I appreciate. Also it is a great looking game. I got in on PS4 over PC because my friend only has PS4 and I am incredibly surprised how great it still looks.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Anyone having luck with the unscoped bolt action rifles? I love those weapons but them seem underpowered in the game.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn: They're all one shot kills within a certain range. If you read the description of the rifles it gives you an idea on what the ideal range for each gun is.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@mikemcn: They're all one shot kills within a certain range. If you read the description of the rifles it gives you an idea on what the ideal range for each gun is.

One shot to the body? Or just heads?

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn said:

Anyone having luck with the unscoped bolt action rifles? I love those weapons but them seem underpowered in the game.

I'm having a great time with them. Within a certain range they are one shot body kills but its not two hard to follow up with another shot. I find if they dont know where you are they'll usually just hit prone, making them an easy target

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

@mikemcn said:
    @konig_kei said:

One shot to the body? Or just heads?

These are indeed body shots he's talking about. SMLE will 1-shot around 50-80m away, it's very popular for this reason as most firefights open up around that range if not closer. The Russian 1895 sniper has a sweet spot of about 70-100m. The Gewehr 98 is like 80-130, and out at long range the M1903 will do it at 100-150.

None of the scout weapons with <100 damage will take down a target in one body shot, which means a few guns (including the otherwise awesome Gewehr 95) aren't included in this.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

I'm liking it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.