Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield 1

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 21, 2016

The long-running Battlefield series goes even further back in time in the 15th installment, this time to the first World War.

Anyone getting awful performance and slow menu stuff since the patch?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hayt

Since the newest patch I've been running into a few weird issues. Firstly all the internet related aspects of the main menu seem extremely slow. The "Connecting" part of the opening screen takes much longer than before and when you reach the landing page itself the pictures for each of the "boxes" (ie. Welcome to battlefest) take 2 minutes or so to appear. If you change to any other tab it resets these and they have to load again.

Interesting once I get into a game the network performance is fine, ping is normal. However my frame rate is proper fucked. I have a 980ti and before the patch it was locked at 60 at all times. Now it goes between 40 and 50 and it's a nightmare. No one on the BF1 reddit seems to be talking about it and reinstalling the game (that was a fun 20 hour download) didn't make any difference.

Edit: Oh and the game won't quit. Hitting quit goes to the black screen with a spinning circle and in the time it took me to type all this out and make this edit it has still not shut so I will likely be force to use the task manager.

Is this happening to anyone else? Anyone found a fix?

E2Xtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yep! Same card, same problems. Sometimes it will connect, sometimes it won't, though even if it does I can't get into a game. I've tried a variety of fixes including running as admin, disabling the Nvidia overlay, disabling Origin in-game to no avail.

As I'm typing, I fixed it - I went into the video settings in-game and hit reset, that seems to have done it. I connect quick, matchmaking is quick and all the icons appear. Strangely, I just bumped my settings down the other day as I was getting big FPS problems (I was on medium). When I reset, it turned everything to ultra and now it runs buttery smooth, although the FPS indicator is constantly orange or red...very weird...my next step is to turn the nvidia overlay back on with the FPS counter and see what I'm pulling...just strange :/ but glad it's, apparently, fixed

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@e2xtreme: Very interesting! I tried the same thing and it certainly has fixed the menu. If I change the resolution scaling at all it goes back to being slow as hell though. In-game my performance seems fixed though. Thanks so much for posting here. Hopefully if anyone else sees it it'll help out.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'm getting ridiculously long load times and ridiculously slow menus on Xbox One. It is awful.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By Giantstalker

I have a 1080 GTX and I get the exiting-from-match-takes-forever bug (like 7+ mins), the rest of my performance is fine EXCEPT for this weird bug. Frustrating!

PrimeKaliber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hello, 4 years later I have the same bug, I reset it and it worked however when I went to tweak some settings I noticed that disabling the framerate limiter on my pc caused it to return to the same extremely slow speed with a delayed mouse. If anyone runs into this bug in fullscreen alt tabbing out and back in gives you a little time to get to the settings and click Default which will reset all settings to Default.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.