Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: The Enemy Within - The Telltale Series

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 08, 2017

The second "season" of Telltale's adaptation of the Batman superhero series has the titular vigilante infiltrating a large criminal conspiracy.

Batman Fan's Check It Out

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

So I've concluded my play through of Season 1 and Season 2 of Telltale's Batman games.

I am a massive Batman fan - he's probably my equivalent to Jesus - and these games run with the ethos in some fresh new ways. As far as the "game" goes its your standard telltale affair (although Season 2 is among their best rendition of that formulae); I don't really consider that a mauls though as the vast majority of the game (Maybe 65% in season 1 and 90% in season 2) is spent watching an exciting batman story you get to take some agency in.

The most fascinating thing to me is that you are essentially defining how Batman feels about the Gotham around him. He's still Batman, he's going to do the Batman things we expect him to do before - but this time you get a more intimate look at who he is under the mask and feel the rationale behind his actions. I think it succeeds across the board and really elevates Bruce Wayne as equally an interesting mask for him to wear as Batman is.

Hot Take: Best Joker since Mark Hamill.

Anyway I don't have the patience to edit my thoughts into coherency so this is just a PSA to any Batfans out there that if you care for the character and want a ten episode story that'll run you through the ringer this is definitely worth the price of admission.

Voice acting is top notch as well; Troy Baker is slowly undoing decades of Kevin Conroy indoctrination and might open me up to another voice for the Dark Knight in my head down the road.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's incredible how under rated this series is. I guess it's Telltale fatigue but it's a real shame more people aren't checking this out.

I didn't particularly like season 1's villain too much, but season 2 was absolutely incredible form start to finish. Really hope we get a season 3.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm not a particular fan of Batman (I liked the Tim Burton films and Dark Knight), but I thought this series was great. It did a fantastic job of exploring some of the characters at the periphery, and really shined when it put the focus on Bruce Wayne and not Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.