Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

What do Warner Bros, Rocksteady and Iron Galaxy need to do to satisfy disgruntled customers?

• 70 results
    conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Poll What do Warner Bros, Rocksteady and Iron Galaxy need to do to satisfy disgruntled customers? (376 votes)

Improved stability, compatibility and optimisation. 66%
    Uncapped frame rate. 51%
    Restore missing post-processing effects and textures from the console version. 56%
    Add PC-specific high-end rendering options like HBAO+ and TXAA. 38%
    I DEMAND SATISFACTION (in the form of free content). 25%
    Just show me the results! 30%

So, I was browsing the official Arkham forums to see if there was an ETA on a patch, and in between the expected bouts of frothing rage and imprecise finger-pointing, I noticed that a bunch of people seem to have some, let’s say, unrealistic expectations of what’s to be done.

With that in mind, I’m curious what people here expect the developers to do to make things right. Is stability and compatibility enough, or do Warner Bros need to go above and beyond? Do Steam refunds obviate the need for the kind of goodwill gestures we’ve seen in the past?

• 
    amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By amafi

@mirado said:

The top three would just bring it to parity with the console version (assuming the console version also runs at 60FPS, which I'm not sure about), something usually consider a failure in the world of PC ports. You'd need the fourth option just to make it feel like a "decent" PC port, and then the fifth to make things right. They don't HAVE to do the fifth, but I'd feel much safer going forward knowing that they know how to treat their customers, rather than seeing PC gamers as second class citizens who you can dump garbage on and know they'll wait patiently for you to fix your busted ass game.

Console versions run at 30 at best. Played a bit on PS4 over the weekend and it looked good, but there was a bit of slowdown.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't say they need to give out free content, but that would probably be a smart PR move. With how bad this launch is I could see WB doing a "Have a free game from us if you bought it before it was taken down" type thing like Ubi did for Unity. They just need to focus on fixing that shitshow for now.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By rethla

This is all on Dave Lang, the only right thing to do for him is to personally call up everyone that bought any of his games and apologize.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Franstone

1-4 and lets make it snappy.
    5 would be a bonus but just fix the damn thing and give us the features we expect.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By hermes

All of the above. If anything, the options make it look like "make the PC version on par with the consoles" is enough, but at this point they have to make sure the PC version is the best possible version of all the available ones. This is not something against the console crowd, but after the amount of crap this game got on PC, they have to try extra hard to compensate or go home. I don't think people will be happy with "almost as good".

On the other hand, some extra content would be a nice token, maybe giving for free the content that was locked as preorder bonus. After all, what happens with people that got DLC for pre-ordering but asked for refunds because of the state of the game?

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They need to make a Dave Lang skin for Batman.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet you'll get 1 and 3, maybe 2, probably not 4 and nothing else.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl said:

They've confirmed that 1 & 2 will be fixed in a patch and 3 has already been partially resolved. 4 is definitely a long shot.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All 4 of the above, some form of free dlc and at least a 20$ price drop for a solid week. Anything less, get the fuck out of my face with your bullshit.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrodactyl said:

They've confirmed that 1 & 2 will be fixed in a patch and 3 has already been partially resolved. 4 is definitely a long shot.

I'm not sure what happened with MKX but if you want to know what's in store for batman just look at that.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need this memory leak fixed asap, I can finally play the game relatively smooth at 30fps but after 10 minutes my system ram is almost at 8gb's used and the game starts stuttering bad and will probably crash if i don't shut down.

Free DLC would be cool, since i'm not dropping another dime on this game.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fix the game on PC.

If it takes long enough then they should give early adopters the season pass for free.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forkboy: They need to include an option to replace everyone's head with Dave Lang. So Batman is just beating up all Dave Langs.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@personandstuff: That's actually a much better idea. You're a genius. I'm sold.-

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JesusHammer

@conmulligan said:

@pyrodactyl said:

I'm not sure what happened with MKX but if you want to know what's in store for batman just look at that.

I think this one has been in the spotlight way more for them to blow it off the same way. Then again it would make sense for WB to be shitty yet again.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

HARD QUESTIONS FOR DAVE LANG ARE THE ONLY THING THAT WILL SATISFY PC GAMERS.

Gilian_Seed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to do everything to get me back as a customer on PC. At this point anything associated with Iron Galaxy is on my "do not buy" list.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Across all platforms: Patch out the mandatory use of the batmobile and make this a fucking Batman game instead of a lame Twisted Metal hybrid.

I like the Batmobile. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they need or should alter a major gameplay mechanic.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

At this point some communication would be nice. Anything really.

I don't care if it's going to take them months, but it sure would be nice to know.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

At this point some communication would be nice. Anything really.

I don't care if it's going to take them months, but it sure would be nice to know.

Exactly, this shit is beyond ridiculous. It's sad too, because from the little bits i've been able to play i really enjoy the game. I even enjoy the batmobile, besides the stuttering of course.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.