Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Batman: Arkham Knight

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 23, 2015

Developer Rocksteady's return to the Batman series takes place one year after the events of Arkham City. It expands the open world from the previous game and allows players to finally drive the Batmobile throughout Gotham City's streets.

Arkham Knight is returning to Steam on Oct. 28th

• 59 results
    Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Nime

Just announced that Batman: Arkham Knight will be re-released on Steam on the 28th.

Announcement

The game originally came out on June 23rd, which means it is coming back to Steam 127 DAYS LATER.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Fetch me Danny Boyle.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just in time for GOTY!

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Teddie

Would be interesting to know how many people who got refunds pick this up again. I don't see it doing very well at all unless they dicsount it or something.

@meaninoflife42: Oh, I'm sure it's going to get a very special GOTY award right here on Giant Bomb dot com.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All that post did is make me realize how worthless the season pass stuff has been. A few short stories and a bunch of junk.

Do you think they'll put it back up at $60, like it's an actual new release?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@cameron said:

All that post did is make me realize how worthless the season pass stuff has been. A few short stories and a bunch of junk.

Do you think they'll put it back up at $60, like it's an actual new release?

probably since there hasn't been any inclination they intend to make things right for original purchasers at all.

WB's MO seems to be to try and act like there has never been a problem and that the game runs 100% fine now (it sure doesn't seem to me like it comes very close at all, definitely better than before but the framerate still stinks in a lot of places.).

I wouldn't recommend anybody buy this port. Play the console version if you have the option.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Too late. Bought the Xbox One version.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm one of the people who returned it, and I'd only get it again if I could get it at a discount. If they don't discount it at release or during the holiday sale then its no sale for me. That's if the port is actually good this time of course. Not even sure I want it anymore really.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

It's too bad this version of the game was a total disaster. Arkham Knight is my favorite game this year. I can completely understand why no one would buy this. Warner Bros. has had a terrible year when it comes to the PC side of things. They need to get their shit together.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By SSully

Hopefully they fixed this shit because it's actually a really great game. I was cold on it at first, but it had me hooked by the end.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OurSin_360

Meh, game was alright but I don't even see a point in a re-release at this point. Way too late, maybe i'll hop in and see what the next patch does for it, last patch made it run way better but still not 100% great.

@mentaldisruption said:

I'm one of the people who returned it, and I'd only get it again if I could get it at a discount. If they don't discount it at release or during the holiday sale then its no sale for me. That's if the port is actually good this time of course. Not even sure I want it anymore really.

It was available at 50% off at original launch, i'm sure it'll be discounted on several sites, if not i advise everybody to avoid full retail and wait for a deal.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Can I pre-order the re-release? Will I get a sweet Batman costume?

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

Someone want to remind me what the problem was with the PC version? It's been so long I kinda forgot.

The issues had to have been like deleting your saves or something right? Cause it it was just super glitchy or buggy, it shouldn't have taken them this long...right? I mean even AC: Unity wasn't this insane.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OurSin_360

@wumbo3000 said:

Someone want to remind me what the problem was with the PC version? It's been so long I kinda forgot.

The issues had to have been like deleting your saves or something right? Cause it it was just super glitchy or buggy, it shouldn't have taken them this long...right? I mean even AC: Unity wasn't this insane.

Biggest issue for me was the memory leak, it would end up taking 90% of 8gb of memory before crashing. This also lead to major hitching and fps drops into the single digits constantly even on the best systems. They changed the video card requirements the night before for AMD, and it required a minimum of 3gb's of vram for low settings (this is fixed now after the patch lmao). I think only people that had no real issues had 16gb of ram, which is probably why it was such the minority. Until i found a tool that massively edited the INI files the game was literally only playable for 30mins a time, after that i beat the game capped at 30fps with gameworks off and some settings to low (shadows and detail)with i think normal textures(gtx 980). Post patch i can run on high with some gameworks on, dips from 60 to 30 still but it's not that noticable anymore and it doesn't hitch as often.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@teddie said:

@meaninoflife42: Oh, I'm sure it's going to get a very special GOTY award right here on Giant Bomb dot com.

Yeah, I think "Hottest Mess" has its winner in the bag this year. This game has been off Steam for about as long as it took Microsoft and 343 to fix multiplayer for The Master Chief Collection.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By probablytuna

Waiting on Arkham Knight GOTY Edition

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron said:

apparently the decemember dlc is the "season of infamy" stuff which includes 4 more most wanted missions that are supposed to be as large as the ones from the main game. if that happens it might be worth it overall.

but yea the other stuff has been short and iffy. glad i waited

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Finally. Hopefully the code I got with my video card still works.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should have just delayed it like they did Arkham City

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's out again.

Oh and they are planning to give everyone who bought it on PC at launch all the previous Arkham Batmans (if you didn't have them already somehow and yet bought this one), plus a buncha skins, map packs, bla-bla, not too bad, if the framerate is good no i might play through it again at some point over the holidays if im super bored

To kick things off, we will be giving away FREE digital copies of games from the Batman: Arkham library. This means we will be giving away copies of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The Batman: Arkham library of games will be given to everyone who has already purchased or will purchase Batman: Arkham Knight for PC prior to 11:59 pm PDT, November 16, 2015. We’re actively working with our partners at Valve to make this happen as soon as we can, so watch your Steam Library. We are aiming to deliver all of the games by December.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By brandondryrock

At least it is only $50 now!

That update is mind boggling. If you're running Windows 10, they recommend having over 12 gigs of RAM so you don't run into the memory leak problem hard drive paging problem. They haven't fixed it on Windows 7, and they recommend restarting the game after an hour or so of playtime if the game becomes choppy.

Also, giving away free copies of the previous games is such an empty act. I am guessing if you're going to spend $50 on Arkham Knight, there is a good chance you're already a fan of the series, and you would have either purchased the games at full price, or picked them up when they were $5 the past few Steam sales.

If they really wanted to compensate owners of the game, they would give them a free season pass, and they know that. There is no way WB has been inside of a vacuum the past four months unable to hear what the fans want. They know they have to compensate somehow, and they know the correct thing to do would be a free season pass, but they won't do it because they will lose too much money. Instead of trying to repair the relationship with their hardcore fans, they just want more money from them.

I feel so burned from this whole experience. I actually loaded up the game this past weekend to put some work into the side missions since I breezed through the campaign so the story wasn't spoiled for me. It plays pretty well now, and I had fun with it. But I'm not about to spend $40 on some new vehicle puzzles and side stories that take less than an hour to complete.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So from reading GAF, it seems the performance is still shit, 60 fps is not sustainable even with the best rigs. And for win10 users 12gb of ram is recommended for smoother gameplay. There is still no SLI/Crossfire support. And for win7 users after long sessions there might be hard drive paging issues. This won't end pretty for them.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's being fucking hammered in user reviews. I guess it's to be expected?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen189: To be fair, it would have been hammered even if it came back as the best port in the universe, but yeah, really fucking shitty that it still seems to suck.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Just noticed this on the Steam page -

Special Offer

Get the entire Batman: Arkham series with Batman: Arkham Knight!

Purchase Batman: Arkham Knight prior to 10AM Pacific Time on November 16th and receive the entire Batman: Arkham library. This includes Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are marking any reviews on Steam written before today as "pre-release", which is super gross. It's probably just an automated change based on the release date being changed on Steam from June to today, but they should really fix it. It makes it seem like anyone who wrote a review since the broken release was playing an early access game until today.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron: They still count towards it's overall rating on Steam, which is Mixed (which on Steam basically means the game is bad, verging on steaming pile of dogshit) and will most likely now remain so forever. So they are not really getting the best deal out of this either.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: Sure, but pre-release reviews before this game have always (as far as I know) either been reviews based on keys given by the developer before release, or early-access reviews, neither of which I take very seriously once a game is out. This isn't a new product and it was never in early-access, so they shouldn't get to claim it only came out today.

It's not the most dirty thing they could have done. They could have put out Arkham Knight GOTY, given all existing owners the 'new' product, and then removed the old game from the store. That would have removed all of the old reviews, but it would be so gross I'm sure they'd just get a slew of new terrible reviews and even more terrible news stories.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wumbo3000: For me, the game didn't even started. Just a black screen and a Windows error.

For most people, it was the framerate never going above the single digit per second. Some people also had issues with missing textures and weird graphical glitches when using detective vision...

ChunkyGerbil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, nothing for us who bought the game before it was taken down.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't you read the update?!?!? We get a Community Challenge Pack in January! OOOOhhhhhhhh yeah baby, that's exactly what I was wanting.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chunkygerbil said:

Didn't you read the update?!?!? We get a Community Challenge Pack in January! OOOOhhhhhhhh yeah baby, that's exactly what I was wanting.

You also get the entire back catalogue of Batman games. Granted, the likelihood of you, like me, already owning most if not all of them (Blackgate? No thanks) is extremely high as you were an "early adopter", but still.

There are probably going to be a lot of Batman-related key give-away threads coming up methinks.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By brandondryrock

@wacomole said:
    @brandondryrock said:
    @chunkygerbil said:

You also get the entire back catalogue of Batman games. Granted, the likelihood of you, like me, already owning most if not all of them (Blackgate? No thanks) is extremely high as you were an "early adopter", but still.

There are probably going to be a lot of Batman-related key give-away threads coming up methinks.

Yeah, I own all the games except for Blackgate. It is a nice gesture, but like you said, if you're paying full price for Arkham Knight, there is a good chance that you own all the previous games.

It doesn't matter though. Both Arkham Knight and the Premium version (game + season pass bundle) are in the top selling games list on Steam. I understand that there are people who are excited to play it, but you think people would be a bit skeptical seeing how it originally turned out on PC.

EDIT: Never mind, only the base game is now in the top 10, and it has dropped a few spots since I looked earlier. It seems like there was an initial surge from the game coming back on sale, but it could drop out of the top 10 by the end of the week.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take whatever they give me tbh, i don't have asylum or city on pc so that's cool. When/how do we get them?

I'm about to check out the patch now and see how well it runs.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot new release

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hopefully this game is heavily discounted. No way am I spending full price for this game.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: They said the games would be added to our Steam account "by December."

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wacomole said:
    @brandondryrock said:
    @chunkygerbil said:

Yeah, I own all the games except for Blackgate. It is a nice gesture, but like you said, if you're paying full price for Arkham Knight, there is a good chance that you own all the previous games.

It doesn't matter though. Both Arkham Knight and the Premium version (game + season pass bundle) are in the top selling games list on Steam. I understand that there are people who are excited to play it, but you think people would be a bit skeptical seeing how it originally turned out on PC.

Personally, all I want, now they are confident enough to "relaunch" this thing, is to be certain that the version I bought all those months ago is patched up enough for me to get the best experience during my delayed first play.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: They said the games would be added to our Steam account "by December."

ah thanks! I hope it's not only for those purchased through steam, i got mine off GMG.

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shozo

I'm on the fence about picking it up. The posts on both Neogaf and the Steam product page are not every encouraging. As a side note, Arkham Knight is still not out for mac or Linux. The steam home page says they will be out in spring of 2016.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360:I'm pretty sure as long as it is activated on Steam before November 16th, you'll be good. There would be those that got the game free from Nvidia that I would imagine are getting the free games as well.

@wacomole: I booted the game up this past weekend, and for the most part, it ran well. Fighting and walking around, it would hold steady at 60 FPS. Driving and gliding, it would usually be at 60, and dip into the low 50s every now and then. I'm on a i5-4690K and a GTX 980. Compared to when it was released, it feels like a new game.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just tried it out. It ran about 30 FPS for me before (I guess I was one of the lucky ones) and now it's silky smooth 60. I'm honestly shocked I wonder what dark deals they had to make to improve the FPS so much.

Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just tried booting it up and- I shit you not -it crashed at the splash screen. And still is. Can't even fucking start it up.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I just got done updating it and so far it's been pretty good. I'm getting the kind of frame-rate I was expecting considering the hardware I'm using. It doesn't run as well as say, MGSV or GTA5 but it's pretty good. Not amazing.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it runs the same as the last patch, still not possible for me to get 60fps smooth. Even everything low it dips to the 30's

Gtx980/fx 8350 4.2ghz

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still runs like shit on my PC. And from the looks if it on the internet, still runs like shit for most people as well. Unbelievable. They had how long to fix this?

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You sure showed them.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258 said:

You sure showed them.

I sure did!

To be fair, my brother got Arkham Knight with his graphics card and he actually finished the game on PC a week or two after release. I would have waited for the PC release (and then a Steam sale), but I had a shiny new Xbox One and wanted something to play on it that I couldn't play on PC (and it seems like buying it even now is a risk). Given all of the hullabaloo surrounding the PC release of this game, I probably won't even touch it at all until it goes on sale for $5.00 on Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.