Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Whats up with Desmonds face?

• 67 results
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By JJWeatherman

@FritzDude said:

No Caption Provided

Vinny on the left, Ben Stiller on the right.

That is not accurate at all.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By probablytuna

@Chaser324 said:

@Subjugation said:

@kgb0515 said:

No Caption Provided

He just looks how the face model does now. People's faces change over time.

Edit: Plus, wasn't he in a "coma" or something after all that stuff went down at the end of Brotherhood? The change between Revelations and AC3 looks the most jarring to me. The AC3 image looks more like the AC1 image though.

After seeing this I have to say, "What the hell happened in Revelations?" I mean seriously, that is far and away the largest deviation.

To me 1 & 3 looks like a totally different guy in comparison to 2 & BroHo, and Revalations looks way different than any of them.

The only possible explanation I could think of for the Revelations' Desmond being dramatically different is during the transition between Brotherhood and Revelations after Patrice Desilets left they rewrote Desmond's ancestry so that Altair and Ezio were no longer related by blood (hence all three characters no longer had the same face) which makes Desmond all the more special and kinda the "chosen one" to save the world. Up until Revelations, I had assumed that the character we were seeing/controller in the Animus is actually just Desmond wearing time period-specific attires (and facial hair).

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Tennmuerti

@AlisterCat said:

He looked best in the first game. The art style was very different then.

Agreed. AC1 face was the best.

It's really off putting how they keep changing his face with every new game.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Ravenlight

Spoiler: Each Desmond is a different person in every different AC game because they each occur in different temporal timelines. AC5 will mimic the plot of Jet Lee in The One and Desmond will travel around in time and space killing the other versions of himself, thus dooming that timeline but growing stronger so he can save his timeline.

This plot stuff is really pretty obvious. I don't know how you guys missed it.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By DougCL

i think he looks fine. yall are overthinking it. the guy on page one touched on the real issue, though. WHY DOES HIS HOODY CLIP THROUGH HIS MESSENGER BAG AT ALL FUCKING TIMES? you would think that someone would've noticed it before the game shipped. its inexcusable. i've also found a strangely high number of typos in the objectives text in the upper left hand corner during missions.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By MrKlorox

His face looked most like his model's face in AC1. Well, all except for the jaw line, which looks most accurate in AC3. But the sunken cheeks and lack of stubble or subsurface scattering makes him look like total shit in AC3. But wow what the fuck happened in ACR? It's like a made for TV knockoff where they cast a different actor.

ep_driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By ep_driver

@Catarrhal said:

Forget the guy's face; what's up with his constantly clipping man purse? That shit is pathetic--both the clipping and the purse.

@Joeybagad0nutz said:

He looks like a retarded version of Adam Sandler...

Hahahaha, good on ya guys!

ep_driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58  Edited By ep_driver

@FritzDude said:

No Caption Provided

Thanks for posting this. I def thought the face looked different, but thought I might be trippin out since I didn't pay Revelations. Now I see his face totally IS weird now. Why would they change his look?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By AhmadMetallic

What's going on in this thread? Desmond has always been one ugly son of a bitch!

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60  Edited By Kierkegaard

@Joeybagad0nutz said:

He looks like a retarded version of Adam Sandler...

Dude, don't use "retarded" as an insult.

Anyway, the face change is really weird. Maybe if I slowly got used to it by playing revelations I'd feel better. And it can't be to show age cuz hasn't it been only around a year? It's interesting that big budget huge games like this can make such a drastic character art change that you would never see in a movie without reason. If you care about your storytelling, keeping your characters consistent is kinda important.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

What if while Desmond is in the Animus or unconscious, Rebecca and Shaun are into some messed up shit like performing shady plastic surgery on Desmond. They say you die and feel pain in the animus but what if its just pain from getting your face cut open. And that's my reasoning for why Desmond looks different...

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By buft

@FritzDude said:

No Caption Provided

he just looks like he went through dramatic weight loss recently, the only excuse i can use to not break my immersion is that this was caused by his extended periods in the animus, in more realistic terms he does look like a fake adam sandler and i cant get that out of my stupid head.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By HerbieBug

Desmond has always been a shitty character. Ubisoft thinks changing his face to something slightly less everyman will fix that. It does not.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Azteck

He just looks so weird in this new face. It's too long.

howiegaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd just like to chime in, 6 years later, and say that Desmond's face sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.