Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed Unity

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2014

The Assassin's Creed series heads to Paris, France, amid the French Revolution. The player controls Arno Dorian, an Assassin, as he attempts to disrupt and destroy the true powers behind the Revolution.

Its time to play AC Unity!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

With Origins announced, I recently got enough hype going to decide its time for me to go back to Unity, give it a real go and try to finish it.

I've been playing this thing for a week now and let me tell you, its a much better game than what we were told originally and here's a bunch of reasons why I think, if you ever loved an AC game, you should play Unity in 2017.

Graphics

This is the first next gen AC and man its still one of the best looking game out there. Paris is amazing, climbing building if that era is fun and boy those vistas!

Chest blocked by companion app or silly website? Not anymore!

You needed to link up to a bunch of apps initially to open certain chests in game and that was bothering a lot of people, for good reason. This was patched in and now, you see a chest, just open it! Except for red chests, but that requires the lock picking skill, so that's ok.

Free DLC.

Unless I was lucky or caught a glitch in the playstation store, the DLC Dead Kings is free. Full on DLC, free. And its good too!

Performs great.

I have never seen a glitch, a crash, any game breaking problem, nothing. Runs super well, every problem got patched in.

Surprisingly good coop.

I'm kinda tired of coop shooters, and this is a very nice change of pace. Its different, its fun, and on PS4 you can find games pretty easily. Gotta try that mode.

Combat.

I love the combat in this one, it got revamped a bit and I like it, especially with the heavy weapon. Its responsive, quick, and works well overall.

Customization.

You can dress up like a medieval knight and carry a huge sword and still be an assassin. Its awesome!!!

And there you go, What about you, Would you give it a go now?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Story was awful IMO. Unity killed this franchise for me. But sounds like you're having fun with it. Cheerio

dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I actually just added this to my 'isthereanydeal' wishlist. I have a 1070 now which should help push through the poor performance of this game.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Dress-up is fun, but overall it's not that great. Maybe on PC the performance is better and people are still playing the co-op, but almost everything aside from the gear, the setting, and the occasional dipping into different timelines is pretty poor. The combat's good, but the game's jank often gets in the way. Same goes for their more open ended stealth stuff. The mission design up until the end feels far too guided. By the time it opens up into what you'd think would be the real bread and butter of the gameplay--the stuff to be expanded upon as you progress through the game--you've only got like 2 more story missions.

The story has some interesting hooks and does nothing interesting with them, all before finally mirroring Watch Dogs 1 in stupefying a character to result in their death.

The DLC is not much better. It was quite a relief to load up Syndicate and find everything immediately feels and runs better. The combat so far is less tense than Unity's, but the stealth stuff is great.

It was enjoyable to run around France for a spell while filling out a digital closet, but the whole ordeal was in retrospect just as many others had advised: skippable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.