Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alternate Reality

Concept »

Alternate realities are worlds that exists next to, in parallel of, or in place of our own.

Cool ARGs?

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ViciousReiven

The promotion thing made me start thinking about ARGs in general, I looked up Majestic which was mentioned on this week's Bombcast and thought that would have been awesome to play. 

I also remembered a little ARG used in promoting the internet test movie "What's in the box?" which was pretty complex and awesome. 
    This brought back something else I tried to play with awhile back, notpr0n which is a riddle game using a lot of hardcore nerd techniques to hide hints. 

So I'm wondering, what are some good ARGs that are still in existence and playable?  
    I really would like to get in on one.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm not incredibly up on ARGs myself but I know they have quite a lot of news on that kind of thing at ARGNet. I've only ever participated in one ARG myself, the recent Portal ARG, but it was awesome, I Love Bees also looked like a very good ARG too.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
    @jadeskye said:
    " @Gamer_152: I Love Bees? i've never heard of that, outside of the website that hosted the cortana letters before the original halo was announced. "
    Bungie are pretty good with their cryptic style ARGs. The AdjutantReflex one was pretty awesome as well.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
    @Dr_Feelgood38 said:
    " @jadeskye said:
    " @Gamer_152: I Love Bees? i've never heard of that, outside of the website that hosted the cortana letters before the original halo was announced. "
    Bungie are pretty good with their cryptic style ARGs. The AdjutantReflex one was pretty awesome as well. "
    Yeah, I Love Bees was the ARG used to promote Halo 2 although Bungie wasn't actually behind that one, it was actually done by a company called 42 Entertainment who've done a number of ARGs. The 'Adjutant Reflex' ARG is usually referred to as the 'Iris' campaign, that one looked pretty good as well and I think it was a great job on Bungie's part that they continued the Iris plotline in Halo 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.