Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake

Character » appears in 6 games

An acclaimed novelist suffering from a serious, long-term case of writer's block, Alan Wake and his wife Alice retreat to the obscure town of Bright Falls, Washington, to escape the bustle of New York. When Alice goes missing, Alan seeks her out while battling against a mysterious dark force that threatens everything.

!!!Alan Wake Appreciation Contest-Giveaway Extravaganza!!!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

EDIT: Here's a link to the humble bundle if you just want to buy it yourself!!!!!!!! http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

So, with the Xbox One announcement came some news from Remedy Entertainment. For starters they’re working on a new game called Quantum Break that ISN'T Alan Wake 2. On top of that bad news came a video from Sam Lake (creative lead at remedy; writer for Alan Wake and Max Payne 1+2) saying the series wasn't a big enough hit for Microsoft to fund a proper sequel, and that the series was being stored away for a while. And to celebrate the greatness of Alan Wake, he kicked off a huge sale for both the PC and 360 versions of the game.

To show my appreciation for this great studio and series, I have decided to give away 5 copies of the Alan Wake Humble Bundle to the Giant Bomb Community, in contest form.

Before I illustrate the contest requirements, rules, etc, I wanted to set up an honor system

1. Please don’t participate if you already have the game, unless you tell me you want to participate without actually entering the contest

2. Please don’t participate if you just want to trade the game away for personal gain

3. Have a genuine interest in playing the game.

4. Make sure you can actually run the game

Note: I’m obviously not going to enforce that list of rules; just know that if you go against the honor system, you’re a bad person who takes advantage of generosity. Please don’t be that guy.

Okay, here's what the contest is!

I want you to transport the Giant Bomb guys into the Psychological Thriller/Horror genre (the genre Alan Wake captures so well) in picture form

That might sound super broad at first, but I really want it to be so as many people are capable of participating

Contest Requirements

1. It's a picture (or gif, if you want to be adventurous)

2. It feature someone who works at giant bomb (Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny, Patrick, Alex, Drew, Rorie, etc) as the pictures subject

3. It somehow features the Psychological Thriller/Horror genre. It could be using a famous movie/tv/game scene, a Thriller/Horror poster, playing on known motifs or cornerstones of the genre. Anything, as long as Psyco Thriller/Horror is an obvious part of the picture

4. You can create this picture however you wish. Whether it be a beautiful drawing, or a sloppy shop job on MS paint. I will look at and consider EVERY submission

4. YOU SUBMIT ON OR BEFORE THIS WEDNESDAY AT 2PM EST

5. Have fun!

The best 5 entries will win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possible questions:

What do I actually get if I win?

The Alan Wake Franchise Humble Bundle. Look here to see what that includes.

Also, it will be a gift copy of the whole humble bundle. How that works is Humble Bundle gives me a super secret URL that I can give to whomever I want (the URL containing the rights to the Bundle)

How will I know if I won?

I will announce the winners on this thread sometime after the contest ends. I will then PM the winners that they have won. I will also require the winners to reply back at me notifying they are willing/ready to receive the Bundle. Once I get that message, I will reply back with the URL (I'm doing this because I would feel weird leaving these URLS in an inbox for too long. Just trying to be safe)

Alright, that's it! Have at it!

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

This is what happens when the Gerst ですs his way through life.
    This is what happens when the Gerst ですs his way through life.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RonGalaxy

@naru_joe93: Wow. thought more people would have participated by now.... So sad :(

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I already have the game, otherwise I'd try. @duskvamp might enter though.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, seems I was moved to the alan wake board. The one with 5 posts that no one will ever see :(

Really bummed out about this.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GaspoweR

@naru_joe93: I see this and I have a question. Can I enter and give it as a gift (NOT SELL OR TRADE) if I win? :D Just wanted to share the love of Alan Wake to someone I know who wants it :)

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GaspoweR
    White Face has a FRIEND :D
    White Face has a FRIEND :D

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RonGalaxy

CONGRATS to the only 2 people who submitted. You automatically win (LOL)

I'll be PMing you the prize shortly

NOTE: I still have 3 of these bad boys, so I'll be giving them away randomly in another post.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Its pretty sad nobody else had a go

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.