Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

3D Dot Game Heroes

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 11, 2010

A PS3 game developed by Silicon Studio that mixes old-school 2D gameplay with 3D graphics and character creation.

Just rediscovered this gem

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By bibamatt

Just picked this back up after a year or so of sitting on the shelf (the game, not me). If anyone else was listening to the Bombcast's talk of Skyward Sword's 'time to sword' and found themselves agreeing, GET THIS GAME AND PLAY SOME CLASSIC ZELDA (kind of).

It's great.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

It was a fun game, but I got really frustrated with it in dungeons and I just gave up right when I was about to start the last dungeon. Fighting the enemies wasn't too much of an issue, especially with how crazy your sword can get near the end, but generally finding your way was a big hassle. It took me so much time just to find how I was supposed to even reach the entrance of the last dungeon.

3D Dot Game Heroes introduced me to tower defense with its fun mini-game. Honestly, the tower defense was probably my favorite part of the game.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheFreeMan

I dug the tower defence minigame. I didn't play a lot of it, cause I'm not a big fan of Tower Defence games in general but it was a nice distraction from the main quest. I also, for some reason, dug the bestiary stuff - hitting a monster with it was kind of a fun and challenging (and occasionally really frustrating, but thankfully the Blue Dragon got glitched) way to fill it out. I still haven't got the final boss yet. He's the only one I'm missing. Oy vey.

I really liked 3DDGH, though, like FluxWave said, finding your way to dungeons could be pretty tough. I think it was the fifth dungeon, the one in the desert, that one took me a while to get to. I really dug the art style and the ridiculous swords. The writing was fun and clever, and the dungeons were pretty challenging. I just about didn't play any of the classic top-down Zeldas, though, so maybe that has an effect on my opinion. The only one I ever completed was Link's Awakening. Maybe when I've got more time I'll go back and do Link To The Past or Seasons.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Yeah, I stopped in the middle of it because a dungeon was kicking my ass hard. I'd probably start playing it again if the HDMI port on my screen wasn't messed up right now. That and I think I might still have to finish Link's Awakening on my 3DS.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#5  Edited By MightyDuck

I am really thinking of picking this up and giving it a 2nd go. I got frustrated after the 2nd dungeon. I think I wandered southeast to the desert. Definitely didn't give the game enough time. Any tips if I pick it up?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I completely forgot about this. I totally wanted to pick this up, might end up being my fight off the summer drought game.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ApeGantz

I wanted to pick this game (and other good cheap games) since I've heard about it. I was turned off by the old school Zelda look but now that's like $20, I don't mind trying it out!

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TentPole

@ApeGantz said:

I wanted to pick this game (and other good cheap games) since I've heard about it. I was turned off by the old school Zelda look but now that's like $20, I don't mind trying it out!

Why are you turned off by the one of the best thing this game has going for it?

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ApeGantz

Well it was probably because before this was released I was on a Zelda high, playing the majority of the 2d games(minus 1 and 2)in the span of 6 months. Always thought it looked interesting at least :D

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jmfinamore

I always wanted to check it out, but was afraid it's trick would go old. I really should try it out now though. My favorite part was how you could make your own sprite and animate it.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By lego_my_eggo

I need to get back to this game as well. I started playing and got a few hours in but got distracted by other games, but from what i played i enjoyed the style and humor of it.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By ssj4raditz

You can never go wrong with a giant, screen-filling sword.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By EVO

I also never finished this games. Seems like not many did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.