Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1 vs 100

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released May 08, 2009

Can one Xbox Avatar outlast a mob of 100 other Avatars in trivia? Compete against other players (as either The One, one of The Mob, or a bystander in The Crowd) on Xbox Live in this interactive trivia game based on the TV game show.

1 VS 100 UK Beta This Friday!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Edited By MachoFantastico

1 VS 100 UK BETA THIS FRIDAY!

Welcome to my Blog folks,

Eurogamer and a number of other sources have confirmed that the 1 VS 100 United Kingdom Beta is set to kick off on the 10th of July, this friday for those to lazy to check a calendar. This isn't shocking news considering the beta was expected to start pretty soon though it's nice to see it finally confirmed for the United Kingdom. It being a beta and all, there's no prizes to actually be won but we will get to check it out for ourselves and it seems to be a rather popular little addition to Xbox Live's arsenal from what our Canadian and American friends have been saying. Now I can finally put all that useless knowledge I know to actual use when the beta kicks off. Sadly I won't be able to play it straight away due to some personal real life stuff going on right now. But I hope I'll eventually be answering questions like 'who is the ginger one out of Girl's Aloud?' (I don't know the answer to that one) and 'Who is Katie Price and why is she famous?' (I think we all sadly know the answer to that one). 

No Chris Cashman for us sadly, but who shall we get as an host?
    Some of my fellow gamers have been quite anti-1 vs 100 and that's perfectly fine, afterall in the UK it's a rather poor game show shown on the national lottery. But from what I've seen of the US and Canadian beta's, it actually looks like it could be some fun when playing with friends. Of course we will be getting UK orientated questions and I believe we are also getting our very own host (sadly no Chris Cashman for us). I just hope we get someone bearable, I have a terrible feeling we'll get some Big Brother reject who'll try to be funny whenever he/she gets the chance, if that happens then I'll be more then happy to use the mute button on my TV controller. 

We'll hopefully be provided with more information before Friday on the actual details of the beta. All we know right now is that we're getting it and that's enough after hearing those rumours of a European version being canned. Sadly there's currently no news on any other regions of Europe getting the beta just yet, though they can't be far off. It does seem possible though that Microsoft want to put each region through a beta spell before going officially live (with prizes to be won). There as been talk that the US and Canadian versions are soon to go Live, which will no doubt excite my friends from over the sea. So for now, get your avatar well dressed this Friday for the official start of the UK Beta of 1 vs 100. 

Will you be checking out the UK Beta of 1 vs 100?

*UPDATE*
    -Some more information as been released, first the GB site for 1 vs 100 as been launched and it's very much like the US one. LINK
    -According to AceyBongos's twitter feed: 1 vs 100 coming to the UK and ROI on July 10th, France and Germany July 12th... more details soon.

*UPDATE 2*
    - There's strong talk that Microsoft will start allowing prizes to be won in the main event of 1 vs 100. Still not sure if this as been confirmed but you'd have to guess that if this is true, then the US and Canadian versions will follow suit.
    - Heard that James McCourt will be the host of the UK 1 vs 100 beta, again not confirmed but read this at least four times now so it seems possible. For those who don't know him, he is the older brother of Richard McCourt from Dick and Dom.

So some parts of Europe are also getting their own betas.

Thanks for Reading, 

Joseph Bayliss (TrueEnglishGent)
    (Twitter: JosephBayliss)

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

1 VS 100 UK BETA THIS FRIDAY!

Welcome to my Blog folks,

Eurogamer and a number of other sources have confirmed that the 1 VS 100 United Kingdom Beta is set to kick off on the 10th of July, this friday for those to lazy to check a calendar. This isn't shocking news considering the beta was expected to start pretty soon though it's nice to see it finally confirmed for the United Kingdom. It being a beta and all, there's no prizes to actually be won but we will get to check it out for ourselves and it seems to be a rather popular little addition to Xbox Live's arsenal from what our Canadian and American friends have been saying. Now I can finally put all that useless knowledge I know to actual use when the beta kicks off. Sadly I won't be able to play it straight away due to some personal real life stuff going on right now. But I hope I'll eventually be answering questions like 'who is the ginger one out of Girl's Aloud?' (I don't know the answer to that one) and 'Who is Katie Price and why is she famous?' (I think we all sadly know the answer to that one). 

Some of my fellow gamers have been quite anti-1 vs 100 and that's perfectly fine, afterall in the UK it's a rather poor game show shown on the national lottery. But from what I've seen of the US and Canadian beta's, it actually looks like it could be some fun when playing with friends. Of course we will be getting UK orientated questions and I believe we are also getting our very own host (sadly no Chris Cashman for us). I just hope we get someone bearable, I have a terrible feeling we'll get some Big Brother reject who'll try to be funny whenever he/she gets the chance, if that happens then I'll be more then happy to use the mute button on my TV controller. 

We'll hopefully be provided with more information before Friday on the actual details of the beta. All we know right now is that we're getting it and that's enough after hearing those rumours of a European version being canned. Sadly there's currently no news on any other regions of Europe getting the beta just yet, though they can't be far off. It does seem possible though that Microsoft want to put each region through a beta spell before going officially live (with prizes to be won). There as been talk that the US and Canadian versions are soon to go Live, which will no doubt excite my friends from over the sea. So for now, get your avatar well dressed this Friday for the official start of the UK Beta of 1 vs 100. 

Will you be checking out the UK Beta of 1 vs 100?

*UPDATE*
    -Some more information as been released, first the GB site for 1 vs 100 as been launched and it's very much like the US one. LINK
    -According to AceyBongos's twitter feed: 1 vs 100 coming to the UK and ROI on July 10th, France and Germany July 12th... more details soon.

*UPDATE 2*
    - There's strong talk that Microsoft will start allowing prizes to be won in the main event of 1 vs 100. Still not sure if this as been confirmed but you'd have to guess that if this is true, then the US and Canadian versions will follow suit.
    - Heard that James McCourt will be the host of the UK 1 vs 100 beta, again not confirmed but read this at least four times now so it seems possible. For those who don't know him, he is the older brother of Richard McCourt from Dick and Dom.

So some parts of Europe are also getting their own betas.

Thanks for Reading, 

Joseph Bayliss (TrueEnglishGent)
    (Twitter: JosephBayliss)

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

I wont be checking it out. This interests me not.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

I wanted Jen Taylor to do the UK voice as well...

Still, definitely going to be checking this out, should be a laugh.
    j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By j0rdan

will clear my schedual.

Glad we arent having to wait much longer than the yanks.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Ineedaname

Hmm, if the gf is around, I may get her to play this with me, any news on prizes?

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Ineedaname: Being as it's the beta, I'm pretty sure there aren't any.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Hitchenson: But based on what Brad said on the podcast, I was wondering if there was any new in general.

Decided to actually read the link:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/1vs100/prizing.htm
    "From week two onwards you’ll be able to win some truly incredible prizes like Microsoft Points, laptops, HD TVs, holidays and even a car! Whether you play in the 1 vs 100 (beta) Season 1 LIVE CHALLENGE or 1 vs 100 (beta) Season 1 EXTENDED PLAY game, you’ll be entered into our sweepstakes so you’ll have even more chances to win*! This means you’ll have time to practice before the game is on. Good luck! (Remember, you’ve got to be 18 or over to win.)"
    j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

grinningdonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By grinningdonkey

taken straight from the faq on xbox.com

Who is this guy talking during the game?

That’s James McCourt, your 1 vs 100 (beta) Season 1 Live host! He’ll be providing commentary and game updates via a live audio stream.

Who is James McCourt?

James McCourt is your genial live host during 1 vs 100 (beta) Season 1 Live episodes. In his role of Live Host, James provides commentary and game updates, goes over the game rules, announces the current game status, reveals the number of Mob members remaining after a question, and informs players of upcoming promotional events. He also gives personal call outs to players who win, perform well, or are at least conspicuous.

anyone know who he is?

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By MjHealy

I take it that it means Ireland too. I am looking forward to this as I actually like the British Lottery's 1 vs. 100 game show

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By sweep  Moderator

About damn time! Awesome news

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.