Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1 vs 100

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released May 08, 2009

Can one Xbox Avatar outlast a mob of 100 other Avatars in trivia? Compete against other players (as either The One, one of The Mob, or a bystander in The Crowd) on Xbox Live in this interactive trivia game based on the TV game show.

1 vs. 100

• 56 results
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

So apparently 1 vs. 100 is coming out this fall.  Apparently it's going to be "scheduled" gaming and there's going to be real prizes.  It showed when the 1 won there being 10,000 points.  So hmm.... interesting.  I take it that it's weekly?  It is supported by ads though, which is fine in reality, it is free with real prizes.  So yea, thought I'd throw it out.

Just google it for more info.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

It's awesome that the game is going to have achievements.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Huh. Strange, when a person with a fast enough buddy can look up the answers to the questions in an instant, and no one would know, unless it takes place in some kind of convention or something, in which case . . . what is the fucking point? Just do the normal 1 vs. 100.

I don't approve.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    JJOR64 said:
    "It's awesome that the game is going to have achievements."

where did you read that?  I meant points as in MS points, you know, the thing to buy XBLA games or whatever with.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Huh. Strange, when a person with a fast enough buddy can look up the answers to the questions in an instant, and no one would know, unless it takes place in some kind of convention or something, in which case . . . what is the fucking point? Just do the normal 1 vs. 100.

I don't approve.
    "
    It's damn quick.  The video showed about a 4 second response time. You can't.  
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "Huh. Strange, when a person with a fast enough buddy can look up the answers to the questions in an instant, and no one would know, unless it takes place in some kind of convention or something, in which case . . . what is the fucking point? Just do the normal 1 vs. 100.

I don't approve.
    "
    It's damn quick.  The video showed about a 4 second response time. You can't.   "
    Hmmmm. Well, it's definitely less stupid, but then it runs into the problem of not giving the person any time to think.

Yeah, it's true . . . there's no way they could make me happy. But that's only because the game is a bad idea.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By JJOR64
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By dsplayer1010

It could be cool I guess.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Systech

I am really really uninterested in this title.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm definitely very interested. I thought it was a pretty fun gameshow. But dude, the game better have Bob Saget. OR ELSE!

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By papercut

i expect nothing from this.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Diamond

1 vs. 100 is an awesome idea.  I expect the most revolutionary gaming experience ever.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By Jedted

I'm really looking forward to this but i'm bummed that it's pushed to the fall.  That teaser they put up on XBL not too long ago said spring so i wonder what the hell is causing the hold up.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK

REAL prizes?!

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By laticsfan
    crunchUK said:
    "REAL prizes?!"
    From the QL, you win microsoft points to spend in the store, and the top 3 from each round win an Xbox live arcade game.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By get2sammyb

The scale and the real prizes thing are really cool. However, basing my judgement on the ACTUAL gameshow side of things - it's kinda repetitive. I don't mean that the quiz show is bad -- no, that seems fine. Like the way it's setup with the knockout, that's cool. But just like -- it's very mechanical. "Here's the question. You said A. The answer was A". I think Buzz! does that whole thing a lot better.

HAVING SAID THAT: the real prizes and scale of the show more than make up for that. MORE than make up for that.

So in all, and I'm only basing my opinion on the quick look, it seems really cool.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Player1
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:

I don't approve.
    "
    It's damn quick.  The video showed about a 4 second response time. You can't.   "
    Hmmmm. Well, it's definitely less stupid, but then it runs into the problem of not giving the person any time to think.

Yeah, it's true . . . there's no way they could make me happy. But that's only because the game is a bad idea.
    "
    Thats why its a game show. You don't have time to think. The questions are easy and obscure enough in where you either know it or you don't. Plain and simple. 
    banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By banksrob

Not only real prizes achievements which change every now and again.

Avatar image for snoopeasystreet
    snoopeasystreet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By snoopeasystreet

This is what I'm most looking forward from microsoft this year. The whole concept of free, interactive game shows in which you can win prizes sounds like such a cool thing to me.

The main problem I see, is that 1 vs 100 seems to be the perfect game for the service. I can't see very many other primetime games being as engaging from a gameplay standard.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By subject2change

I am actually considering buying a 360 for this...it's unique, seems fun and well will be good drunken fun.

Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Guardian

This is really awesome that they are doing this. I hope something similar comes to PSN. There are plenty of game shows that might work.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By DJ_Lae

What I've played of the beta has been quite fun, if a little sterile. The extended play is more fun for people who don't normally end up as the one or in the mob, since it's faster paced and you're compared to everyone rather than just sort of sitting on sideline twiddling your thumbs.

It's just buggy, which I'm sure they'll fix. My favourite is getting booted and the game giving you the "There are no more questions" error box.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By mracoon

It would be great if you actually won Microsoft points for just playing a game. I don't think the game will come out in Europe though as it was never shown here, at least I think it wasn't.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By get2sammyb

What happens if The One disconnects?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By mracoon
    get2sammyb said:
    "What happens if The One disconnects?"
    They lose 10,000 microsoft points and will have to pay them back, with interest.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By get2sammyb
    mracoon said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "What happens if The One disconnects?"
    They lose 10,000 microsoft points and will have to pay them back, with interest."
    Word. Just how I was hoping it would be.
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CoverlessTech

The 10 000 MSP thing is just a score in the game, you don't actually get those points. If you win you have a chance to win an arcade game or similar stuff. 1 vs. 100 gave my the 3RloD though. Played the first beta and my 360 was never the same.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Got to play it live since im in Canada it was friggin awsome!!!

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By choffy21

I'm in Arizona, signed up for a 1-Month Canadian account to play in the beta and it's pretty fun. Someone could have won 8,000 MS Points last night had they opted out if the game wasn't in beta.

No one wins anything now but it'll be sick.

Top 3 players in the entire game win a Live Arcade game. Remaining Mob members (after The One gets eliminated) get an even share of the MS Points that was available to The One (so if The One could have won 8000 points, but lost to 8 members of the Mob, each Mob member gets 1000 points). The One can walk away with 10000 MS Points if they win.

Pretty fun, and Chris (the announcer) is pretty funny. Even made a ShamWOW reference.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By keyhunter

From what I've seen it's better than anything the Wii or PSN has to offer as far as "Mii's" or PSN's equivalent goes. Mostly it's just interesting to see how incredibly stupid everyone is. The questions don't require any knowledge of anything to answer correctly since there are always two joke answers.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CoverlessTech
    choffy21 said:
    "I'm in Arizona, signed up for a 1-Month Canadian account to play in the beta and it's pretty fun. Someone could have won 8,000 MS Points last night had they opted out if the game wasn't in beta.

Top 3 players in the entire game win a Live Arcade game. Remaining Mob members (after The One gets eliminated) get an even share of the MS Points that was available to The One (so if The One could have won 8000 points, but lost to 8 members of the Mob, each Mob member gets 1000 points). The One can walk away with 10000 MS Points if they win.

Pretty fun, and Chris (the announcer) is pretty funny. Even made a ShamWOW reference.
    "
    You don't win those points. They are just score in the game. You can win points but not the score points. Please read threads before you post.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By choffy21
    CoverlessTech said:
    "choffy21 said:
    "I'm in Arizona, signed up for a 1-Month Canadian account to play in the beta and it's pretty fun. Someone could have won 8,000 MS Points last night had they opted out if the game wasn't in beta.

"
    You don't win those points. They are just score in the game. You can win points but not the score points. Please read threads before you post. "
    Why don't you re-read and try to comprehend my post? Not once did I ever say that the score points are Microsoft Points.

Think (and/or read) before you post.
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CoverlessTech
    choffy21 said:
    "
    Why don't you re-read and try to comprehend my post? Not once did I ever say that the score points are Microsoft Points.

Think (and/or read) before you post."
    "choffy21 said:
    "Someone could have won 8,000 MS Points last night had they opted out if the game wasn't in beta.

Remaining Mob members (after The One gets eliminated) get an even share of the MS Points that was available to The One (so if The One could have won 8000 points, but lost to 8 members of the Mob, each Mob member gets 1000 points). The One can walk away with 10000 MS Points if they win.

You said right there, twice, that the score is given to the One or the Mob as MS points. The score I am talking about is the MSP total that comes up as the one eliminates the mob. That is just a score, not an actual winnings. The score that comes up for the mob is a completely different score. But that MSP score thing is not actual winnings, it's just a score.

The mob members gets a score based on correct answers and speed. The One gets score based on mob eliminated, for some reason this score is donated by the MSP logo. You don't receive either of those as actual MSP, they are both just a score tally.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60
    choffy21 said:
    CoverlessTech said: "choffy21 said: "I'm in Arizona, signed up for a 1-Month Canadian account to play in the beta and ... [more]
    Umm, yes you did...the things you can win, and yes you can win them in the beta are arcade games and I think 400 or 600 microsoft points.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gizmo

I think my ultra-fast typing and google are going to make me a lot of points this fall.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By choffy21
    choffy21 said:
    I'm in Arizona, signed up for a 1-Month Canadian account to play in the beta and it's pretty fun. Someone ... [more]
    Not once did I mention score. It's all points. You're both wrong.

I love proving you guys wrong ;)
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CoverlessTech
    choffy21 said:
    choffy21 said: I'm in Arizona, signed up for a 1-Month Canadian account to play in the beta and it's pretty ... [more]
    The thing is those "points" are actually the scores. When you say "Someone could have won "8,000 MS Points"" you are talking about that score ticker that comes up and increases when some of the mob is eliminated. That is simply a score tracker and has nothing to do with the actual amount of MSP won in a game. You will not and can not win 8000 or 10000 MSP. That number is simply a score in the game.
    Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Scorched
    I think it will be interesting to see how this works
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By choffy21
    @CoverlessTech: I was unaware you were an expert on 1 vs. 100

For every 10 members of The Mob that The One eliminates, they get an increasing amount of Microsoft Points. If The One looses to The Mob, The Mob gets an even share of the points that were available to The One if they chose "Money" in the "Money or Mob" choice.

Let's use the GB Quick Look to prove you wrong:

Here, The One has won 3,000 MS Points by eliminating members of The Mob. (Note MS Points logo)
    Here, The One has won 3,000 MS Points by eliminating members of The Mob. (Note MS Points logo)
    "Money or Mob"; The One can choose 800 MS Points or try to win more
    Top 3 players overall each round win a select Live Arcade title (note, not MS Points)
    Top 3 players overall each round win a select Live Arcade title (note, not MS Points)

Oh look! Stupid Choffy does know what he's talking about
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By bwooduhs
    CL60 said:
    choffy21 said: CoverlessTech said: "choffy21 said: "I'm in Arizona, signed up for a 1-Month Canadian account to play in the ... [more]
    I played the game earlier today and Chris said many times rewards wont be given out in the beta.
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CoverlessTech
    choffy21 said:
    @CoverlessTech: I was unaware you were an expert on 1 vs. 100For every 10 members of The Mob that The ... [more]
    Holy shit dude, are you dense? I am saying that the MSP total thing is JUST A SCORE IN THE GAME! It is not the actual winnings the players receive. They can win XBLA games and MSP but not that total, that is simply a score.

Think of Smash TV. You get a score in that games based on a dollar total, you don't actually get that money, it's just a score in the game. 1 vs 100 uses the MSP logo because Avatars exist in the world of xbox where the form of currency is MSP so they keep score using it. The people who have the top 3 scores at the end of the night do receive a prize but it is not that MSP total you keep refereing to. It is an XBLA game or some smaller set of points.
    wubzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By wubzu

Man I am really really enjoying this game (from what I have played of the beta so far) and I think its awesome that there is going to be new achievements for every season. 

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By choffy21

CoverlessTech said:
    choffy21 said: @CoverlessTech: I was unaware you were an expert on 1 vs. 100For every 10 members of The Mob ... [more]

I never said the top 3 players get MSP!!! I don't know where you thought I said that. I've never said that they get anything other than a Live Arcade game.

If you can show me where I said that, I'll glady admit my mistake. But time and time again you fail to point out where I said that.

Don't assume next time.

The One wins Microsoft Points, The Mob CAN win Microsoft Points, people in The Crowd can win one of three free Live Arcade titles per round.

I don't know how I can explain that any simpler than before.

bwooduhs said:
    CL60 said: choffy21 said: CoverlessTech said: "choffy21 said: "I'm in Arizona, signed up for a 1-Month Canadian account to play ... [more]

I know rewards aren't being given in the beta, I never said that. But when the actual thing launches soon, there will be plenty of rewards

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CoverlessTech
    choffy21 said:
      CoverlessTech said: choffy21 said: @CoverlessTech: I was unaware you were an expert on 1 vs. 100For every 10 members ... [more]

That is where you are wrong. No one wins those MSP that you showed in those pictures, they are just the score. At the end of the night the top 3 scores from all the games played win prizes. I never said that you said the top 3 players get MSP.

Look

Those points in the pictures you posted. You are saying the One or the Mob can win those; they can't. Those points are simply the games score, at the end of the night the 3 people with the most score get a prize.

If for every game MS was going to be giving away up to 10, 000 MSP that would just be insane. There a dozens if not hundreds or thousands of games going on at the same time(it's not just one single game).
    DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By DJ_Lae
    CoverlessTech said:
    choffy21 said:   CoverlessTech said: choffy21 said: @CoverlessTech: I was unaware you were an expert on 1 vs. 100For every ... [more]

It is just one single game as far as the one and mob are concerned - everyone else is playing the crowd, and the same mob and one show up for everyone - in the case of the last couple of beta rounds, ~10-15k people are all watching the same One.

I don't know if they've stated whether people will win microsoft points or not, but it's not out of the question. Very  few people have managed to knock out more than 90 mob members and most of those have bailed very early on. I don't know how often fully live 1 vs. 100 games will happen once the game is out of beta, though.
    choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By choffy21
    @CoverlessTech:
    Ok. I'm going to keep an eye on this topic. Just wait until the final product actually launches. You'll see. You will win realy Microsoft Points, and it won't cost Microsoft much, if any. All of the advertising that company's will pay for will more than cover it (besides, giving Microsoft Points away costs Microsoft maybe $2.50 every 800 Points).

Plus, where did you hear that the Microsot Points logo is there for show? I'd love to hear your source.
    CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CoverlessTech
    choffy21 said:
    @CoverlessTech: Ok. I'm going to keep an eye on this topic. Just wait until the final product actually launches. You'll ... [more]
    Listen, you can win MSP. But not that tally that you pointed out in those pictures.

I just explained why they use the MSP logo. The game takes place inside the xbox universe where the form of currency is MSP and your avatar is playing a game inside the xbox universe so they use the MSP logo. They could have just as easily put a $ sign there but it wouldn't make sense in the context of avatars playing for money.

@DJ_Lae
     Maybe they changed it after the first beta but during the first beta I know there where multiple games with multiple ones, mobs, and crowds. I was playing at the same time as my friends in different games. Looking at the forums it seems they did change it though. Maybe thats why there where so many connection problems during the first game. I haven't got a chance to hit the last two betas because my 360 red ringed.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RetroIce4

Partially interested but sketchy.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By choffy21
    @CoverlessTech:
    Trust me, you'll win real Microsoft Points. Need proof? Follow the link to the Kotaku article:

I win the arguement!!!! (Read the "What Is It?" paragraph)
    teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By teh_destroyer

I can see it being a big hit and really popular fir about a month, but it will be forgotten soon. It is a cool idea though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.