User Lists: 0

Assassin’s Creed Mirage

rozcally59479

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If I had to choose one game to play for the rest of my life, it would be Mario Bros 3

BullLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BullLee

My favorite game is pretty much set in stone: Fallout: New Vegas. Love the immaculately written and voice-acted characters, the world they inhabit, the quests, the mix of a serious backstory and the Fallout-brand quirkiness. Plus, all the expansions rip, too. It's the masterpiece of RPG game design.

I don't think I would want F:NV to be the one game to play for the rest of my life though. Presumed I don't get hit by a bus in the foreseeable future, I'd want a game that offers longevity. One that isn't bound to a linear narrative and quest structure (even if there are multiple outcomes). I'd want a game that can be enjoyed in short bursts and for longer play sessions. It needs to offer tight game mechanics that build upon one another, with well-structured and well-balanced concepts that carry me from the beginning, stay engaging for long periods and offer a high skill-ceiling so I have something to work towards.

Now. This leaves me with two genres of games, one of which I'm very fond of, the other of which I have come to deeply dislike over the past years, and both of which I am embarrassingly shit at: Arcade-style games and Rogue-likes.

I own about a dozen Rogue-likes on Steam and another dozen games that are viable to carry the moniker "Arcade-style", and of those two dozen games, there's only two I'd consider for The Game I'd Wanna Play for the Rest of My Life™:

Tetris Effect: Connected and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

And since I have come to hate Rogue-likes over time and TBoI:R ditched the original's fantastic Danny B. soundtrack for the vastly inferior Ridiculon OST, Tetris Effect takes it. I fucking suck at it, but I still enjoy every second playing it, and I could see myself enjoying it until Jesus comes back or I die (whichever's first).

anhd389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By anhd389
billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

Soul Calibur II

frompeppermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Path of exile 2 can be interesting, but if it's not a diabloid anymore I'm going to be disappointed

AnnaLee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the longest time I would have said Final Fantasy 7 was my favorite game, but I've entered a new era in my life. Undoubtedly my favorite game is now Trails to Azure. This game is an emotional roller coaster for me.

BrsoftechUAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PubG Game

Adeptus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Crusader Kings 2. Yes, I know that 3rd one exists.

jessijack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jessijack

My Fav game is COD2

Odara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Rider

Vordus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably WoW tbh. Maybe even Civilization 2.