• 168 results
Avatar image for ronindrummer200
ronindrummer200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

@rorie thanks for the info! I didn't see it mentioned in the thread but, do we think this will take as long to roll out as an actual update/release as the last time or is the patching issue resolved forever?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@rorie thanks for the info! I didn't see it mentioned in the thread but, do we think this will take as long to roll out as an actual update/release as the last time or is the patching issue resolved forever?

Unfortunately that's one of the things I don't have much control over - CBS as a whole has an odd business relationship with Roku that can cause some delays in these things, but I'm sure hoping it won't take forever.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Weird. I just starting getting the crashing yesterday. Should be good now though. Upgraded from Build 4 to Build 5 and linked my account without any probs.

msoven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to use the Roku app for the first time in a while today and updating to version 5 fixed the crashing I was having at first. It looked like I was having problems linking my account and viewing premium videos, but in fact I seem to be having problems viewing videos more at random. For example, I can see Jeff's perspective on the latest Minecraft stream, but neither Vinny's nor Abby's. I'm not sure whether this is similar to what was going on with other people, or if perhaps it's still going on and I'm one of the true rebels who wants to see the Abby and Vinny views, but that's an issue I am having with the app!

mbkish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@msoven: Having the same issue as well with the Minecraft perspectives. I wouldn't have known they were missing unless I checked the site. Giant Bomb Video Buddy is also missing these videos... Wonder what else they are missing. ☹️

shaitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By shaitan

Awesome, my TCL must have just upgraded since I am now getting the crash on logo and I am glad to see it was resolved before I even saw it :)

However, I clicked on the link for the new updated channel and I am getting a page not found error.

aerin_sol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shaitan: I was just having this problem also and I think Roku changed the way you add beta channels and that's why you're getting that error. Now you have to go to your "My Account" page and at the bottom you'll see an option to add a channel with a code. Click that and enter the last part of the URL you were trying before: 2CJNDZ. Once I did that, I could download the updated channel.

Biggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aerin_sol: Working now using this advice. Thank you for the post.

shaitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aerin_sol: Yay! Thanks, manually adding it via the accounts page did the trick. I was doing it on a computer that wasn't logged into my Roku account and I wonder if that would have made a difference if I was actually logged in before clicking on the link?

Avatar image for yakkityclogface
YakkityClogFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah nice, the new version worked for me. Thanks to Rorie and the beleaguered engineer.

Zero_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Live streams do not load for me.

It says retrieving, about a tenth of the bar fills and then nothing else happens.

I am on the newest build/version.

vioxtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#165  Edited By vioxtreme

@zero_kane: I'm having the same issue today, unfortunately :(

LaughingRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just want to say thank you for the latest build. Now that I don’t have a pc docked to my tv the roku app was how I primarily watch GB. When it flaked out again I was so bummed.

Thanks again for all the hard work and patient responses!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@zero_kane: I'm having the same issue today, unfortunately :(

Hey, sorry for the delay in responding to this - is this still occurring for you?

Avatar image for dangerousdoctor
DangerousDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those of you trying to install the beta -- the deep link ( https://my.roku.com/add/2CJNDZ ) doesn't work anymore, you have to visit https://my.roku.com/account/add and manually paste in 2CJNDZ to add the channel.

Also live streams don't appear to work in the current version of the beta.

ClassyDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been using the Roku app as my main way to watch GB content recently, and in the course of that experience there's a few things that I wanted to bring to the staff's attention (@rorie)

1. Some episodes don't seem to be getting filed correctly on the Roku app side of things versus the site. I've noticed this is especially prevalent with Clue Crew, where about half of the videos aren't available via the app, but I've seen it on some other shows in the past too. All episodes are visible on the carousel of new content at the very top of the app when they're released, but a lot of them don't actually show in the app's CC category (at the same time, they're still visible on the website under the CC category there). This means that once an episode is no longer on the Latest carousel it is effectively impossible to watch on the app.

2. On a similar vein, show categories only seem to allow up to 100 videos in them. Anything beyond that seems to be impossible to view via the app. The Endurance Run category, for example, begins at the very end of Deadly Premonition and has none of the Persona 4 ER available via the app. Same with, say, Best of GB, where every week the app loses access to another old one to make room for the newest one.

Would be great if someone can take a look at these. Thanks!

JReyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By JReyes

I found that my Roku GB app was missing today from my main screen, and when I tried to re-instal it crashed on startup. Is this a result of the recent acquisition? It’s kind of a bummer since I use the Roku app a lot to catch up on series, but I’m thankful I have other ways of getting their videos on my tv.

UPDATE: I added the beta app through the channel store code and it’s working now. I wonder why it magically disappeared in the first place though.

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just got a new Roku and tested out the Giant Bomb app from the secret channel code. So far everything is working great. Thanks for keeping it running @rorie and crew.

unknpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By unknpwn

@rorie Version 2.2#5 from that beta link is fine, but any idea when we might have Livestreams fixed with a new build?

Also is there a reason the main version published isn't the latest functional one? I think that could be taken out of beta by now 😇

LeraA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me? Giant Bomb app crashes back to Roku home menu screen as of this morning, after it working for about 2 hours.

matsunoshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By matsunoshin

Can this app get updated? It's been dead for quite awhile now. Crashes on launch.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@matsunoshin: I believe there aware of the problem, its more on Roku's end where things keep getting held up. The beta channel worked for a bit, but it also started acting up for me some time ago. I have two of the same model Roku sticks, one crashes when loading the channel, the other works fine, and a newer 4k stick that has had no problems with the app. And its been a problem for years for me at least with the "official" channel.