Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zone of the Enders

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 27, 2001

Zone of the Enders is a fast-paced action game in which you play as Leo Stenbuck, the reluctant pilot of the orbital frame Jehuty. With Jehuty you must protect the Jupiter space colony known as Antilla from an invading force known as Bahram.

What exactly is Zone of the Enders like?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By Icemael

I've seen really cheap, used copies of Zone of the Enders, and seeing as I've heard a lot of good things about it I've been thinking of picking it up. 

However, there's one thing holding me back: It's a Kojima game. I have played two Kojima Productions games in the past; one of them had received pretty good reviews, while the other has been hailed by many as one of the greatest games of all time. Both of them were absolute crap. 

Lunar Knights was ugly, slow, repetitive and dull, with a terrible story backed up by equally terrible voice acting. Hands down the worst DS games I've played. Metal Gear Solid 2 seemed to have a decent story, but I couldn't get past the first hour... the camera, the inventory, the gameplay, everything was clunky and stiff to the point where the game was nigh unplayable. Bad game design at its absolute worst -- I've played movie tie-ins for the PSone that were a hundred times more fun. 

So what I'm wondering is, what exactly is Zone of the Enders like? Is it radically different from the studio's other games?

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By inkeiren

Fast gameplay, nice art direction, but still completely Kojima when it comes to how the story is told.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

You judged MGS2 by just playing an hour? You're joking right? There's nothing bloody wrong with the gameplay, its timeless.

Well if you hate good games then you won't like ZOE.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ch13696

I can understand what your saying about Lunar Knights and MGS 2. Well MGS 2 had too much cinematic and less gameplay I believe. Anyways, I played Zone of the Enders and...O.M.G...is it freakin good. If you do find that copy, at all, then please buy it. And if your saying cheap, then I'm assuming under 10 dollars. Because if I can find that game and Zone of the Enders the 2nd runner, then Ill will skip paying my electric bill to buy those. (Well not really, but thats just how good they are)

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Icemael
    @MysteriousBob said:
    "You judged MGS2 by just playing an hour? You're joking right? There's nothing bloody wrong with the gameplay, its timeless."
    Timelessly terrible, yes. 

I didn't create this topic to argue about whether MGS2 or Lunar Knights are good games. I just want to know how different Zone of the Enders is.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ch13696
    @Icemael said:
    " @MysteriousBob said:
    "You judged MGS2 by just playing an hour? You're joking right? There's nothing bloody wrong with the gameplay, its timeless."
    Timelessly terrible, yes.  I didn't create this topic to argue about whether MGS2 or Lunar Knights are good games. I just want to know how different Zone of the Enders is. "
    Yes. It is. So, forget this forum post and go get it. NOW.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ch13696
    @ch13696 said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @MysteriousBob said:
    Timelessly terrible, yes.  I didn't create this topic to argue about whether MGS2 or Lunar Knights are good games. I just want to know how different Zone of the Enders is. "
    Yes. It is. So, forget this forum post and go get it. NOW. "
    HEY. Stop typing. Go get it.
    Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Cerza
    @inkeiren said:
    " Fast gameplay, nice art direction, but still completely Kojima when it comes to how the story is told. "
    This pretty much sums it up. 

However, if you didn't like the first hour of MGS 2, which is probably the best part of that game, then I say stay away from it as Kojima games just aren't for you. Unless your one of those mecha freaks, in which case you will probably love it.
    essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By essaregee

Off topic: will there ever be a ZOE for the PS3 I wonder...

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Nasar7

ZOE is awesome and ZOE2 is even better, very beautiful games.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Icemael

Thanks for replying. Looks like I'll be picking it up... when I get money.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ch13696
    @essaregee said:
    " Off topic: will there ever be a ZOE for the PS3 I wonder... "
    I think Kojima said he's going to start working on it.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Make sure you get zone of the enders 2 only, the first game was horrible, the second game is amazing.  

Well it's a very fast and versitle mech your using. It's almost like one of those beat them up games, yet it has boss fights and stuff against other mechs. You get a ton of abilities and stuff. Also I repeat, only get zone of the enders 2.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RsistncE

Did you just call MGS2 crap?

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By animateria

I played ZOE2 at my friends house and was entertained by it.

Also has versus mode and some survival mode (or was it time attack? I forget.)

But the survival mode is a bit broken. I forget how, but there's a way that makes you practically untouchable. I had to quit it out of shear boredom since I wasn't going to die anytime soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.