Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zombie

Concept »

Zombies, more accurately called the walking dead, are reanimated corpses who feed on the living, and have become a ubiquitous video game enemy. They often move slowly, but can be deadly in large numbers, which is unfortunately how they tend to travel. Shotgun time!

Sooo are zombies stronger than human beings?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

NOTICE: Yes I understand how very dumb this topic is but HEY ITS ZAMBIES! Plus these are the questions we need to ask ourselves before the real zombie outbreak occurs. Anywhoo... let us continue down the dark path of zombiehood...

In many films and video games it seems as if the undead is actually stronger than the living.  If you have seen "Evil Dead" there are many parts where a single zombie is either knocking a door down simply by pushing it or just punching through.  On top of this many films and games depict people being ripped to pieces while trying to escape the clutches of the monsters.  In many games (Resident evil, Dead Rising, Dead Island for starters) it seems to be a rough battle to get separation for a zombie, and even so usually still ends up with a chunk of flesh in the undead's mouth. So I ask you, the most Giant of Giant Bombers are the living dead stronger than the living... uh living? 

POINTS MADE by posters like you! 

* Lack of pain has a large advantage (Zombie don't give a damn if you kick em in the dick while he's grabbin you) 
    * Lack of mentality makes sure that your back-flip off the balcony while gunning down his fellow "dead friends" doesn't strike any fear in his cold, unbeating heart 
    * Immune to Love (proven to be false)

Highly Trained S.T.A.R.S members seem to have a very difficult time escaping the clutches of their foes. 
     Highly Trained S.T.A.R.S members seem to have a very difficult time escaping the clutches of their foes. 

Ash feels very strongly that zombies are quite stronger than normal human beings 
    Ash feels very strongly that zombies are quite stronger than normal human beings 
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

For whatever reason, people who write about zombies are fucking idiots. "So this guy just came back from the dead, so HE WANTS TO EAT BRAINS! AND HE HAS THE STRENGTH OF TWENTY MEN! AND HE'S NOT ACTUALLY DEAD, BECAUSE IT'S A COW VIRUS OR SOMETHING!"

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

Shouldn't be. They are untiring and unfeeling when it comes to pain though. That might help one be a bit more dedicated when chasing down some tasty brains. Also, they are usually coming in numbers which would help.

Damolition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Damolition

They are strong in terms of mentality (or the lack thereof).

As Max Brooks said in World War Z, they don't easily give up and they don't respond to shock and awe.

Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Prime2000

It kinda depends on the type of zombie.

If its the kind where its just the dead being brought back to life because of a virus then i doubt they'd be stronger, if anything its like what wemibelec said in that they dont feel pain and are unrelenting. If they are able to pull someone with 200 lbs of force while alive then undead that person could keep pulling cause he has no need to stop, unless the limb is destroyed.

The other kind is the mystical/magical type which in all honesty could do anything so they might be stronger. Since its nothing based on the person that's infected, or a virus of some sort and its pure hocus pocus then whatever is in the spell controls what the zombies do, hell they might shoot lazers from their dicks for all we know

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe theyre strong because they dont give a fuck about what theyre doing?  Kinda like how a mother can pick up a car to save her kid or something...  I dunno, I dont think they should be stronger

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ketchupp

I would like to think that zombies can bite through and eat anything.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Damolition: I see that as an advantage, but the post above you made a good point. Lack of feeling pain is a strong tool, elbow a man in the face and there is a chance he may let go, but this would probably have no affect of the dammend corpses!
    piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By piropeople13

They don't feel pain and I imagine that their muscles don't have any inhibitors to keep them from injuring themselves or straining like humans do. So basically they should be as strong as a human who has a massive amount of adrenaline going through their system. Maybe the virus increases muscle mass. I have never seen a zombie do anything that seems totally immpossible to me.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By bybeach

Zombies don't feel pain, and are immune to love.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @bybeach said:

immune to love.

Rebuttal 
    No Caption Provided
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By bybeach

@Sackmanjones said:

@bybeach said:

immune to love.

Rebuttal
    No Caption Provided

I can't get around it,..thats love.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Brendan

Zombies are dumb.

There I said it.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Video_Game_King said:

For whatever reason, people who write about zombies are fucking idiots. "So this guy just came back from the dead, so HE WANTS TO EAT BRAINS! AND HE HAS THE STRENGTH OF TWENTY MEN! AND HE'S NOT ACTUALLY DEAD, BECAUSE IT'S A COW VIRUS OR SOMETHING!"

NOTICE: Yes I understand how very dumb this topic is but HEY ITS ZAMBIES! (first sentence of post) 
    Its like you can't read this many words... are you a zambie?
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By mazik765

I still have trouble believing that zombies, supposedly brain-dead creatures with no capability of conscious thought other than the hunger for flesh, are able to have enough coordination to walk, run, hunt in packs and generally cause the mayhem they do. Now if we're talking about not-zombies....

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By ch3burashka

@Sackmanjones said:

@Video_Game_King said:

NOTICE: Yes I understand how very dumb this topic is but HEY ITS ZAMBIES! (first sentence of post) Its like you can't read this many words... are you a zambie?

I wrote up about a paragraph on the topic. Then I read your reply. Ugh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.