Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zero Time Dilemma

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 28, 2016

The third and final installment in the Zero Escape series released in 2016 for the PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, and PC.

Memento, VN-Style

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, without revealing any spoilers (besides the game's central mechanical conceit), I've been playing for a few hours and this is by far the most interesting Zero Escape game in terms of structure. I love the idea that the game reveals fragmented scenes to you, each of which depend on others, but due to the memory-erasing, you as a player are free to explore them context-free as each playable character. I'm sure my experience is very different from the next player's because I'm exploring the chart of fragments in a different order. I don't know what mechanical twists will emerge, but I like how this seems to break the visual novel convention of following a particular flow, saving at junction points, and exploring each branch in sequence.

The only downside to the game (personal, as I don't have a great memory of the convoluted storylines leading up to this one) is that there are returning characters with complicated backstories (some of which I never unlocked in the previous games.) I wish the game did a more thorough job by providing a character synopsis or revealing backstories more explicitly. I ended up reading summaries of the 999 and VLR plots from a wiki before feeling comfortable proceeding in the story. But otherwise, this is a pretty incredible game.

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@thatdudeguy: It's pretty awesome. I'm having a lot of fun trying to guess when the fragments take place based on the info I get (and before it's put on the chart).

Story seems awesome so far. You can find some good youtube summaries online if you haven't found one yet. They def help with the specifics of what's going on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.