Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 16, 2012

The Nonary Game continues in this sequel to Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors under the localized title of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

About to Start

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I'm about to start but I was wondering if there was a good image that showed how to go about getting each ending? I used one for 999 that was basically a flowchart that showed what doors lead where and how to play through. I was wondering if there was something similar for VLR?

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By BBAlpert

The game gives you a chart that fills in automatically. Plus, you don't need to start from the very beginning each time, you can start from any branching point you've reached previously. It definitely makes things easier in that respect.

Edit: But if you're just starting, 2 things to keep in mind. First, don't save while you're in puzzle rooms. In certain versions of the game, that can fuck your save up. Second (and I don't think this is a spoiler, it's a game mechanic thing that doesn't get directly addressed and is likely just a technical flaw in the game's code), if there's anything you want to remember between playthroughs, write it down on a piece of paper or something. The in-game notepad (on the 3DS at least) retains what you write on it from playthrough to playthrough, but it gets blurry over time to the point where it's unreadable. I could imagine certain plot justifications for it, but I personally believe it's more something to do with the memo pages being stored as an image with lossy compression.

Other than that, the game is generally pretty good at not letting you access certain bits of information too early.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

@bbalpert said:
    it gets blurry over time to the point where it's unreadable.

o_o That's weird I don't think I encountered that at all.

Anyway, you do not need any external information, just play it. The game is very good at communicating all available routes.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Does it have story checks similar to the last game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.