Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Like a Dragon

Franchise »

A free-roaming action-adventure series starring Kazuma Kiryu, a former member of the Japanese Dojima crime family who is drawn into conflict against several Yakuza gangs. The franchise's games are marketed as realistic criminal simulations.

Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 remasters announced for PS4

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I mean...pretty self-explanatory? This is a pretty awesome announcement. Now people can finally play through the whole entire saga on one platform.

Gematsu

Sega will release remastered versions of Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5 for PlayStation 4, the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation reveals.

Here is the Japanese release schedule:

Yakuza 3 – August 9 for 3,990 yen (includes soundtrack download code)

Yakuza 4 – Fall 2018

Yakuza 5 – Spring 2019

The remasterd releases will have improved resolution and frame rates.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Curious if they'll end up bundling them together or having them just be very budget priced in the west, but I am down to rebuy all of these games just to support this series. Also it'll be nice to (presumably) finally get all those cut sidequests in 3.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Good things come to those who wait.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am extremely happy about this, just got into the series a month ago, beat Yakuza 0 and Kiwami and now I'm doing 100% and plats in both of them. That changes my plan a bit, I was gonna buy Kiwami 2 in august and later 6, but I guess first I'm gonna buy Kiwami 2, do 100% there and wait for 3,4,5. It makes sense they would remaster them, they are all ps3 games so they will still look fairly good, and they were already localized so hopefully it won't take too long for them to come here! Don't care how much they're going to cost in the west, I'm buying all of them day 1. Yakuza became my favorite series, 0 is perfection.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Zeik

Hopefully this means we'll get Yakuza 3: Uncut here in the west. (I can't see any reason we wouldn't.) Maybe if we're lucky they'll even touch up the localizations to be more consistent with recent games.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@zeik said:

Hopefully this means we'll get Yakuza 3: Uncut here in the west. (I can't see any reason we wouldn't.) Maybe if we're lucky they'll even touch up the localizations to be more consistent with recent games.

I can't imagine they'd release a Yakuza game in the west in 2018 or 2019 with "Fuma" in it. Making all the names and terminology consistent with the recent games is the least I would expect.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TechnoSyndrome: Just depends on how lazy they want to be about it I guess. But Yakuza is (finally) doing pretty well right now in the west, so it's definitely in their interest to release these games at their best.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic, I was planning to buy another PS3 to play them and now I don't have to.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By MachoFantastico

That's awesome news, had an absolute blast with Yakuza Zero and still got Kiwami to play.

Had a feeling they were going to do this, but it's good to hear Sega actually make a smart business decision.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I really didnt expect this but I guess if they're doing HD versions of Shenmue anything can happen. I'll probably get Yakuza 3 if it includes the stuff that was missing (assuming it comes over here) but i'll think i'll pass on the other ones. I enjoyed them but the pacing issues make the idea of a repeat playthrough seem tiresome.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Here's hoping Kiwami 2 does well so that these come over here, will totally play through those 3 games again for a 3rd time.

i also take this to mean that they are all in on Shin Yakuza now, hopefully we see something from that game at TGS

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Quarters

This makes me very happy. Now I can start getting the series.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Sega releases these remasters in physical form, localize Yakuza Kenzan & Yakuza Ishin, and localize and release the Fist of the North Star game from the Yakuza devs, they'll hit every point on my wishlist. I'll take whatever I can get!

JunkerWoland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool news. Hopefully nothing will prevent these games from coming to the West. And since they are just remasters, work to update or add content to the existing localizations could potentially already be underway, possibly allowing for sooner-rather-than-later domestic releases. Fingers crossed.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Announced for Japan, but no western release. i can see them being digital only here like the PS3 releases were. Demand for Yakuza is much higher now than when Gio announced them for the west originally.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now those who missed out on Yakuza 5 have no reason not to play it.

It is the best so far!

I will definitely buy it again ^-^

@dinosaurcanada: Seriously, you should work as a PR at SEGA XD

yourbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And it's finally coming to the west - as a 3 pack with staggered unlock dates. Announced a few days ago. Yakuza remastered collection (3-5) is now available digitally (https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA15325_00-YAKUZAREMASTERED), though only 3 is unlocked right now, with 4 coming 10/29 and 5 unlocking 2/11/20. Physical release is sometime around Feb/Mar 2020 (I can't remember where I read those dates, but it was definitely after 5's digital release. $60 for all 3 (download version, again- staggered release dates).

Pretty cool (like, actually way, way, cool). I was did the PS Now trial just a month agp and played the first 3 chapters of 4, but it felt weird after doing 0, 1 kiwami, and 2 kiwami. (did 6 with no prob thought). I'm only waiting to see what the $$$ are for the physical, since that's how I have 0, and the kiwamis. Price seems pretty fair for dpi and framerate improvements, and release on ps4. Also the removed content from (3, or 4? wasn't into the series back then) is being put back in. woot.

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Kiryu please come back. This new breed seem over the top goofy

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosi83: I dunno you should take it to his agent, Nugget, the chicken he hired in Zero.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

How is it that I didn't knew about this:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/18730/Yakuza_Remastered_Collection/

And I call myself a yakuza fan :(

Kiryu would be disappointed
    Kiryu would be disappointed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.