Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 18, 2010

Yakuza 4 is the fourth game in Sega's crime drama series, known as 'Ryu ga Gotoku' in Japan. As a first for the series, the story is split between the viewpoints of four different protagonists.

Way of The Pachinko King

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

Anyone else having a hard time with this trophy? I decided I wanted to make an attempt to get the platinum for this, I gave up on 3 after realising the mini-game master was slowly driving me insane, this is making a good effort to stop me though. 

I have the 'cheat items' but I just finished with about 150 spins and got nowhere, I'm also unsure on what I have to do when those video events play out, am I supposed to be mashing square or not? That goes for all kinds although I know they are different types, I didn't once even get to a jackpot! The in game instructions are absolutely baffling, so any advice would be appreciated!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

That that thing with the balls, the spinning and the virtua fighter?.. Man, I fucking hate that.. whatever it is. I also have close to no clue as to what you're meant do. I get that you press square when it pops up, and you tilt the dial to increase the amount of balls come falling down, but that's it. I don't know how you're meant to win, or gain a profit, or anything.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingzetta

I got on the Aladdin one.
    I have no idea how I did it though

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Pepsiman

You can talk to the lady at the front counter of the pachinko parlor to get a pretty decent overview of how the machines work in general. But some basic pointers on what you should be looking out for, since not all of the interface stuff is translated for the individual games:

• Controlling the speed at which the balls automatically shoot out is extremely important with regards to holding onto your existing stock and potentially receiving more of them via payouts. Unless the specific machines have reasons for you turning the dial all the way to the right with the d-pad, such as with the Aladdin machine during special events, you want to keep it nice and relatively slow. That way, the balls actually have a fairly decent chance of landing in the center and triggering the slot machine. Otherwise, throttling it to the right results in the balls shooting over the main hole completely and more or less being thrown away.
    • Orange icons that are in a square shape, I believe, are prompts for you to hit the push button for bonuses during special events. They operate differently depending on the type of machine, but in general, that button is only useful when the game actually tells you to use it. If you bring up the rule explanation screen for the individual machine with triangle, the game will give you a breakdown of how and when to use it. Likewise, unless the individual game requires it, the left and right arrows next to the push button that you use the analog stick for are also useless. Don't worry about them.
    • Payouts are deliberately rigged to not happen often. They're essentially glorified slot machines, so that's to be expected. You still have to do some more work by throwing more balls into the center while the machine is in payout mode to maximize your profit, but you can get rewarded with patience. However, once you trigger your first payout, it's typically easier to get additional ones because of some number generators in the machines being deliberately biased that way. Again, how much better your chances are at getting more payouts is based on the machine type. But yeah. They're funky like that.

The Wikipedia article on pachinko machines does a really good job of breaking down the mechanics of both regular gameplay and jackpot modes, most, if not all, of which is utilized in Yakuza 4's machines. Barring the fact that there's more going on in front of you, they're really just about as mindless and simple as regular slot machines.
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By WatanabeKazuma
    @Ivos said:
    " @WatanabeKazuma:
    Playing it careful but:

"
    I haven't logged in for a few days so just saw this, funnily enough I read the same thing myself. I am dead set for getting the platinum trophy so I will definitely keep this in my mind for my EX Hard playthrough.

@Pepsiman: 

Thanks, I'm familiar with Pachinko and have played it before this, it was just the video screen stuff that was leaving me confused with it all.

Just my luck that the one time I hit a jackpot I didn't even realise until the rounds were nearly over, I barely broke even with the amount of balls!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.