Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Yakuza 0

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 12, 2015

A prequel to the original Yakuza set in 1988, featuring a young Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima as dual playable protagonists.

Yakuza 0 Combat vs Yakuza 5?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I decided to jump in with Yakuza 5 because i got it free with PS+ and i find the fight system pretty clunky and the tutorial barely explains how it works. If i hadn't watched Beast in the East i'd have a much harder time getting into it. Is combat in Yakuza 0 easier to get into?

Aside from i like what i've seen of the story and Kiryu's intro.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's pretty similar. The biggest difference is that instead of playing as a bunch of different characters with specific playstyles in 5 you have two characters that can switch between wildly different playstyles on the fly.

As an in intro to the series 0 is much more newcomer friendly though. 5 relies pretty heavily on its predecessors for setup compared to 0 (or 4) and definitely expects a degree of familiarity.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: The biggest stumbling block i've had was fighting those 2 thugs in the hostess club. I found it frustrating to actually land some punches on them.

Think i'll suck it up and buy Yakuza 0 and see how long it takes me to catch up to the GBeast duders. I really wanna play around with the Beast and Breakdance styles.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedted: Are you using the R1 lock-on function?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I tried that but it didn't feel like it helped that much. I still got flanked by the other dude and didn't have time to react.

KSCK26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedted: use r1 more, but try to focus more on evasive dashes and striking at opportune times. The yakuza games are not supposed to be combo mashing games in my experience.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LeStephan

@ksck26 said:

@jedted: use r1 more, but try to focus more on evasive dashes and striking at opportune times. The yakuza games are not supposed to be combo mashing games in my experience.

This, r1 and dodging are key, except they made yakuza 0 extremely easy so with that one you can totally just mash it out 99% of the time.(Yakuza 5 is the only one I havent played though, so I have no Idea wether its considered to be easy or hard or down the middle)

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

0's combat is based around the 4 fighting style combat from Ishin, which is s lot better than 5 I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.