Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 05, 2016

The aliens have won and the remnants of XCOM must strike to take back the Earth in this sequel to Firaxis' 2012 reboot.

Are the console versions still buggy?

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

I've heard that the console versions for this game were really buggy when they were released (long load times, bad frame rate, etc.) Just wondering if there have been any patches that fixed any of these issues, cause I was thinking of picking it up for Black Friday. I don't have a PC powerful enough to get the PC version, so I'm probably gonna get the PS4 version, as long as it isn't too messed up.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just got the PS4 version on the Humble Bundle and I can confirm the game is still a mess. Super long load times and the frame rate can chug even just using the menus. Also the RNG in this game just unfair at times. The fact that a shot a point blank range still misses is super BS.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wardcleaver

I am currently playing on the PS4.

The game has its share of jank, but runs "ok" for the most part. The action portion runs fairly well. Occasionally, the game pauses for a long time between turns (20-30 seconds). Where I run into the most consistent issue is the pre-mission loading screen (your team sitting inside the transport ship, heading out to the mission). The framerate seems to consistently chug here.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ps4 load times are insane. Deleting the dlc made it a bit quicker, but still a pain.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Bummer. I remember XCOM running just fine on the PS3 and I loved that it was a PS+ game. Exquisite Corps has me itching for some XCOM but I don't have a working DS3 anymore and I don't get very good connection to the PS Now stuff...I've thought about getting XCOM 2 but then I keep thinking back to Dan's and others' reviews when it first came out re: performance on consoles.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: if you can get it cheap, I'd go for it. The loading sucks, but I've been having a pretty good time. Exquisite corps finally got me to make a crew (mostly the beastcast) and other than Vinny dying it's been pretty great.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the deluxe download from gamestop dot com on heavy discount for about 30ish bucks. I would have been pissed if I paid full price. The game IS really buggy. It hard crashed at least 5 times in the 20 hours or so I put in. There were multiple times where the alien activity lasted for like 3-5 minutes, and when it finally ended none of the aliens moved for the rest of the mission. Sure, it made killing them a lot easier, but not as enjoyable. On the final mission in the transition from alien activity to my turn, the game movement froze. I could still freely move the camera and switch between squad members but nothing else. I had to revert to two auto-saves prior to finally snap out of it. Oh, and the ludicrous load times. Woof. Woof. Woof.

I played Fallout 4, Mass Effect Andromeda and Friday the 13th all on launch days and I might say Xcom 2....a year later....is the buggiest thing I have encountered on a ps4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.