Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE SuperCard

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 14, 2014

Build a deck and battle it out in this virtual card game for iOS and Android by 2K.

King of the Ring

theedangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Is this thing really 45 matches once an hour until the end or did I miss read it?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@theedangle: Yep. It is. I really don't get it. The odds of winning are very low, and the rewards for even a first place finish aren't all that great.

I've gone through it once, and I managed to qualify for the bracket but lost in the first round - not a big surprise considering that I was fast asleep when that happened.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I just won 1st place in King of the Ring and I got some useless cards. I don't get why it exists.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I was second place in my KOTR and got a Rare Kofi Kingston from it. Don't bother, it's a colossal waste of time.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

From what I understand, you should wait until you're in the higher tiers before you tackle KotR. It's a 2~ day commitment and the rewards just aren't worth it when you're only getting Rares and Uncommon rewards from it.

Go for the Ultra Rares/Epics/Legendary cards and stuff.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Not rewarding players for winning individual matches in the tournament seems really dumb. I'm deep in first place in my game, but I'd have to wake up at three in the morning to monitor my semi-finals and finals, and I'm just not going to do that.

theedangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By theedangle

Good to know all of my guys will be totally out of energy when I wake up.

mcmax3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I played it once, and ended up coming in second. Not really planning on going back to it anytime soon.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I played it once and came in second. I ended up getting a rare Cesaro and a green trashcan. Maybe I'll go back to it when I get into a higher reward tier, but right now it's just not worth the time commitment. I have more rares than I can use atm.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I like the idea of the King of the Ring however it is not really that worth it until you are going for higher up prizes. I mean, to me at least winning KotR tournements seem like the proverbial "end game" of Super Card. You grind in Exhibition to build your deck and make it stronger then take it head to head against people. You'll need 8 Superstars and two Divas and If you go in with a full roster of energy and boosts you can tear up pretty easily.

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Finished my first run of KotR and took 1st. My prize? An Uncommon trash can and 2 Rare David Otungas. I can see how finishing 1st on higher levels would actually be a decent prize. The benefit to coming in first is the pair of cards you get. I didn't realize that meant "2 of the same" card until I won. The main draw there being you have everything to make a rare or higher Pro card whenever you want. That's not bad at all.

I'll probably try it at least one more time now that I'm listed in Super Rare tier. The prize isn't really worth it on the base level given the time investment (ie: grind back up to 5 energies between every few matches), but at higher tiers it may be.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhm, isn't it 45 matches AND the finals, consisting of best of 5 matches against three dudes unless you get eliminated before then?

But yeah, mode, much like the game, is hot trash.

CDUB901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the idea of it is to get Super rares, ultra rares etc. much faster than playing exhibition mode

If you notice, there is no super rare+ or ++ like in exhibition, which means it's faster and easier to rank up to the ultra rare in KOTR to start acquiring UR cards

So with a decent SR++ lineup in exhibtion mode, you should be at the UR level in KOTR allowing you to earn UR cards for getting past the qualifying round

Which in turn will also make you level up to UR in exhibition mode faster once you win an UR card from KOTR unlocking the ability to maybe win an UR from the randomly generated card pile

The two modes basically feed into one another from what I've gathered

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i just enter it and let it run. sometimes when i actually play it and the stats are low i switch my team out. but really i dont care enough to actually win it. it just gives a chance of getting a card of any rarety with no real effort

Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Junpei

Uhm, isn't it 45 matches AND the finals, consisting of best of 5 matches against three dudes unless you get eliminated before then?

But yeah, mode, much like the game, is hot trash.

It's 45 games in qualifying and then 3 best of 3 rounds. In total if you go through the final there is 54 games. Possibly less since if you win the first 2 of the 2 out of 3 the third game doesn't get played (but you still have to wait the time length as if it did).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.