Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE All Stars

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Mar 29, 2011

Legends and current superstars go at it in this over-the-top wrestling game from THQ's San Diego studio.

Help Please! Can't win a single match, even on Rookie difficulty

zaphoduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By zaphoduk

I don't know what i'm doing wrong but i can't seem to find a block button. I've read the manual but that mentions nothing about blocking, but i see the AI blocking all the time but i don't seem to be able to. 

I start the match with most of my attacks being out of range. As soon as i move into range the AI unleashes a relentless barage of attacks which i can't seem to break out of. It only stops when my wrestler falls to the floor losing a full bar of health. 

On the rare occaision that i do manage to get in close enough to land a punch without being attacked myself, the AI raises his arm up to block it and takes no damage. 

This game looks fun as hell, and i see the AI doing all the stuff Jeff did in the Quicklook but i seem unable to do any of it. What am i doing wrong?
    Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Disengage

LB blocks strikes and RB reverses grapples.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

Sell all your video game consoles. Video gaming is not a suitable hobby for you.

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By jorbear

Use more skill.
     Use more skill.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By kingzetta

Snap into a slimjim

WrathOfBanja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By WrathOfBanja
    @zaphoduk: 
    hold RB to block.
    tap RB to counter strikes right before they hit.
    tap RB any time from right before the icon appears to approximately half the time it is on the screen to reverse grabs or prevent the opponent from reversing yours (1/10ish second window).
    tap LB to stop grabs from happening in the first place.
    spamming LB or RB will cause you to miss your reversal window, because the game only accepts the first input when trying to break grabs. 
    if your opponent combos grabs or strikes you get a new window for each move.
    signature moves and finishers can only be reversed during the startup of the move.
    signature moves have a smaller counter window than regular moves, and finishers have the smallest counter window.
    tap LT to roll in/out of the ring to dodge moves you dont think you can successfully counter (off the ropes moves may still hit when rolling into the ring if your timing is bad, but rolling out almost always works).

hope this was helpful!
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By McGhee
    @zaphoduk:  
    Hide various foreign objects on your person.
    Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vanek
    @WrathOfBanja said:
    " @zaphoduk:  ... signature moves and finishers can only be reversed during the startup of the move. signature moves have a smaller counter window than regular moves, and finishers have the smallest counter window."  
    I had no idea you could counter finishers.  I'm not questioning you or anything, just surprised as I've never seen it. 

@zaphoduk
    said:
    " I don't know what i'm doing wrong but i can't seem to find a block button. I've read the manual but that mentions nothing about blocking, but i see the AI blocking all the time but i don't seem to be able to.  I start the match with most of my attacks being out of range. As soon as i move into range the AI unleashes a relentless barage of attacks which i can't seem to break out of. It only stops when my wrestler falls to the floor losing a full bar of health.  On the rare occaision that i do manage to get in close enough to land a punch without being attacked myself, the AI raises his arm up to block it and takes no damage.  This game looks fun as hell, and i see the AI doing all the stuff Jeff did in the Quicklook but i seem unable to do any of it. What am i doing wrong? "
    It shouldn't take long before you get used to the range and general pacing of the game.  The block is pretty essential though.  When the AI starts blocking I generally keep hammering the quick strikes until one lands or just use a quick grab which always seems to work. 

The game really could have used some sort of basic tutorial, I remember the first few matches I played I was completely destroyed because I didn't understand what I was doing ...
    WrathOfBanja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By WrathOfBanja
    @Vanek:  Yeah they're really hard to counter. I think its like a 2-3 frame window, and figuring out where that window is can be difficult.
    Also, I've only been able to counter grabs and off the ropes moves. Not sure if you can counter finishers like the big show's knockout punch.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Yanngc33

watch old wrestling videos and use more skill. 

Also "hand out a corporate elbow here, and a corporate elbow there!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.