Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE 2K19

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 05, 2018

2K Sports' popular wrestling game continues for the 2019 WWE season with AJ Styles as the cover star.

Who'd they miss this year that you might have been looking forward too?

Avatar image for redactedprofile
    RedactedProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By RedactedProfile

The full roster has been revealed.

Inevitably, there's always someone's favorite that didn't make the cut for one reason or another.

Which WWE stars new and old didn't make it this year that requires a good CAW to fill that empty hole in your heart? (Plausible one's please, no, Benoit will never be apart of it again for pretty obvious reasons)

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I don’t keep up with the WWE, but I’ll give this a shot. Note that my affinity for western wrestling games peaked with WCW/NWO Revenge...

- Scott Hall (I see Nash and Diesel but only Razor Ramon, what gives?)

- Hulk Hogan (I know...but as a character, that guy was wrestling for the first 20 years of my life)

- Is Ted Dibiase still just a manager this time?

- Virgil (write this man a check!)

- Haku

- Scott Norton

- Legion of Doom / Road Warriors

- Ultimo Dragon

- Iron Shiek

It would also be cool to see managers act like they did back in the day. It almost feels like managers should be a perk you can “cash in” rather than a generic distraction.

I’d like to see some Jimmy Harts, Bobby Heenans, and Mr. Fujis getting up to whacking dudes with props.

Most of all, just do some basic quality-of-life work and let me filter wrestlers by rating, weight class, etc. The rosters in these games are huge and unmanageable.

Jank aside, I do have a soft spot for these 2k WWE games...

RedactedProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: I'll field a couple actually

Scott Hall is in there as well as Razor Ramon. I believe I put that as the overriding note on the entry here in the characters section. When you type "Scott Hall" in the search engine, Razor is the entry that comes up. Can't add twice, so added as a note instead.

Road Warriors likely won't be in for a good while yet as they're currently locked in a lawsuit. It's largely speculated that this is why The New Day beat their Tag Team record somewhat recently

Hulk Hogan only recently got reinstated into the Hall of Fame, and is continuing to get back into WWE's good graces. Happened likely too late to get him back into the game this year, but I'd speculate that 2k20 (wow that's a dumb sounding name now that I've written and said it out loud...) Will make a somewhat big deal about his return. Enough time will have passed since being reinstated that I think most people would be fine with it. Even if chosen as the guy who does the next roster reveal.

Great question about Debiase, you're likely right, but we'll have to see.

I agree about the need for filters. The roster has gotten nuts, and a simple up and down mechanism for scrolling is way beyond user friendly when choosing a dude.

Perhaps a gigantic vertically scrolling grid like a standard fighting game would suffice, I dunno, but something needs to change. It's freaking exhausting in 2k18

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@redactedprofile: Favorites or a frequently used list would be cool for character selection.

It is nice that it automatically defaults to tag partners for tag matches. I really don’t keep up with the WWE, so that mechanism helps to get to know the characters a little.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

The tagteam of Fun Game Play and Create-A-Story

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By shiftygism

They have the fun gameplay....as long as it doesn't spill outside of the ring and doesn't involve weapons or gimmick matches. the core gameplay is pretty dang solid.

Gonna hold myself back from a huge rant about this year's game, but it's a bummer they cut The Natural Disaster (no current way to recreate these guys with body morph restrictions), the Bushwhackers, Kerry Von Erich (before giving us his Texas Tornado phase), JBL, all versions of Mick Foley (what?), and Mark Henry who is being pulled from the game so you can pay extra for him along with a recycled Piper from three years as dlc.

What ticks me off isn't who was cut so much as who wasn't included, yeah Ciampa, Cross, and Kendrick are pretty big head scratchers, but for the second year in the row they only gave us one new legend on-disc, and this year it's just Ted Dibiase who was locked as a manger for the past three years. Nothing new unless you fork over an extra thirty dollars for the season pass, and only then it will most likely be the 2018 Hall of Fame Class which has no really big inductee that hasn't been associated with the game outside of Jeff Jarrett (we'll find out next week?).

Which leads me to the question, and Alex....Dan....I really hope one day you could shed some light on this, but....given the Smackdown legacy series has been going on for nearly two decades, and legends have been offered since Here Comes The Pain, why the hell hasn't "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan made an appearance thus far outside of that pretty lousy spinoff Legends of Wrestlemania? He was one of the most popular guys of the Golden Era, and really the last big name of that time period to not make it in. Is he still being punished for the arrest back in '87? Is he blacklisted for being part of the Roddy Piper podcast that pissed off Austin? Was it because he said it looked like Brock didn't work safe? What's the deal? Every damn year I cross my fingers he'll be included (along with Yokozuna, who actually made it in 2K14), and every year it's disappointment. Last year when I asked him if the chances were good he'd make the roster, he replied "NO CHANCE IN HELL", so I don't know....either he's in the doghouse for extra perks, or just doesn't care for video games...despite retweeting creations of him. I can't imagine 2K (or THQ for that matter) would purposely overlook someone with that large of a name value, especially when they keep putting in guys like Greg Valentine and Brutus Beefcake who they claim are pretty well requested. If they're getting a lot of requests, there's no fucking way Hacksaw isn't ahead of them. It's bullshit. Are 2X4 physics really that hard to develop that it's keeping the man out?

I just need to break down and buy me a new pc so I can get mods like this...

Loading Video...

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By shiftygism

@redactedprofile said:

@nutter:

Road Warriors likely won't be in for a good while yet as they're currently locked in a lawsuit. It's largely speculated that this is why The New Day beat their Tag Team record somewhat recently

Hulk Hogan only recently got reinstated into the Hall of Fame, and is continuing to get back into WWE's good graces. Happened likely too late to get him back into the game this year, but I'd speculate that 2k20 (wow that's a dumb sounding name now that I've written and said it out loud...) Will make a somewhat big deal about his return. Enough time will have passed since being reinstated that I think most people would be fine with it. Even if chosen as the guy who does the next roster reveal.

Hogan completely botched his backstage return making a "I'm sorry I was caught" apology, then turned around and said anyone that didn't forgive him "didn't understand the brotherhood of wrestling" a few weeks later. He'll probably get in next year, but fuck the guy.

Also, New Day broke Demolition's record, I think both teams are involved in the lawsuit though.

RedactedProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RedactedProfile

@shiftygism said:
    @redactedprofile said:

Also, New Day broke Demolition's record, I think both teams are involved in the lawsuit though.

No Caption Provided

thanks for the due diligence! Can't believe that i said that hahaha total absent brain moment

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.