Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Worms Armageddon

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 31, 1999

Worms Armageddon is the third instalment in the turn-based war game from Team17. Players attack their foes with a vast array of weapons.

Worms Armageddon (finally) gets a proper Steam release

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It just came out properly today, after it had been added to Steam a few months back as a preorder bonus for whatever bad new Worms game they were trying to sell. I'm actually really surprised to see them doing this instead of just trotting it out as a preorder bonus for each new Worms game they make, because all anyone every really says about Worms is how much they liked WA and how everything else since has been crap.

As I've long since lost my WA disc, I'll gladly be buying this.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good old cover art when the worms didn't make me want to punch their stupid face. Worms 3D is probably the worst in this regard

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

Worms 2 was the pinnacle of graphics/customization. Being able to tweak sliders for every weapon in the game to make them exactly as ludicrous as you wanted them to be was fantastic (prodding enemies for zero damage but with the force of a hurricane which sent them flying across the map was hilarious).

Armageddon took that away, but did add a ton of its own unique super weapons which are unmissable (steerable aquatic sheep, holy hand grenades, concrete donkeys, and of course, the actual armageddon). That kind of makes Armageddon the best in the series despite the pull away from extreme customization that was in 2.

Basically, you should totally get Armageddon.

senseiofworms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb said:

Worms 2 was the pinnacle of graphics/customization. Being able to tweak sliders for every weapon in the game to make them exactly as ludicrous as you wanted them to be was fantastic (prodding enemies for zero damage but with the force of a hurricane which sent them flying across the map was hilarious).

Armageddon took that away, but did add a ton of its own unique super weapons which are unmissable (steerable aquatic sheep, holy hand grenades, concrete donkeys, and of course, the actual armageddon). That kind of makes Armageddon the best in the series despite the pull away from extreme customization that was in 2.

Basically, you should totally get Armageddon.

Armageddon didn't take that away. You're still able to add power to any weapon, but there's no slider anymore.. It's now numbers from 1 to 5, if I'm right. Not to mention all those extra modules, schemes, tens of thousands of maps.. Project X with new weapons and new improved game modes..
    On top of all, Armageddon is still getting updates. Expect the new big patch on Steam in next few weeks. Remember, this is 20 yr old game. ;)

Know I'm a bit late to party here, but just got to this site and wanted to search for posts that includes Worms! :)

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By AndrewB

@senseiofworms: I'm amazed to get a reply this many years later but my point is still valid there :P. The sliders in Worms 2 were ridiculous to the point of being broken, yet funny; whereas Armageddon was going for less of a range and more limited depending on the weapon.

And I'm pretty sure at the time I wrote this that Worms: Armageddon was completely abandoned and the only way you could even play it on modern hardware was through a third party hack. Any updates have only come about more recently after years of neglect. But I'm glad it's been picked up again for updates because it's still my favorite overall of the series.

senseiofworms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb: I wouldn't know about power. But there's some crazy stuff you can do in Armageddon due to few modules that's been around so much that everyone have them in their game directory by now.
    And no, I'm also pretty sure you've mistaken Armageddon for World Party. Cause Armageddon was never abandoned.
    Maybe by Team17, but last 10-15 years there are 2 community developers which are doing tremendous work and releasing updates and patches all these years. You'll be amazed of work that's been done to this game. And the fact new guys still arriving. Not in huge numbers, but they do.

Just take a look at list of new things that's gonna be fixed/added when patch is released:
    https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/worms-armageddon-3-8-0-changelog-sneak-peek-32238/

Also, if you'd like to see more news/chats about the game, plenty of wormers around this Discord server. Come in, say hi, throw a few ;)
    https://discord.gg/UBRBhk6

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.