Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Dark portal

Irritum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A couple of years ago i boosted a character to i dont know what level. But i ended up doing a quest chain that took me to outland and into the dark portal i believe. Now i have started a new character and leveled it up normally and not boosted. Is that quest chain still available? And if so how do i get to it?

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

So Outland was the setting for the first expansion, Burning Crusade (lv60-80) and very little of that content has changed. You get the quests to go into the dark portal in sequence as part of the main storyline, or you can go just fly in and start there if you've lost the thread. I think once you hit 58 or so, they should start suggesting you go start Burning Crusade quests as a part of the 'stuff you might want to do' window when you log into a character.

Irritum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So i don't have to do all the quests in all of outland to be able to enter the dark portal and start the sequence with the "cut-scenes" etc?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now it is dramatically different because the level scaling means you can skip outland entirely and just do say Northrend instead.

But no they'll be a breadcrumb quest in your adventure log or at a notice board that is like Check Out Outland! and that'll be all you need to start.

Charongreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think the cut scene triggers the first time you go through the portal, but that's just the trailer for the expansion. The quests leading up to going in are more to level you up than any real story elements if memory serves.

Could you possibly be talking about Draenor? You also go through a portal to that expansion, but Warlords of Draenor is a much more recent expansion, and that has a sequence of events/quests as a part of its intro, where Burning Crusade is just go through the Dark Portal and business as usual. I do not remember the sequence of events leading up to going into Warlords as well, but a google search turned up http://www.wowhead.com/quest=34398/the-dark-portal as the starting mission that should set off the rest of the sequence.

Irritum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the cut scene triggers the first time you go through the portal, but that's just the trailer for the expansion. The quests leading up to going in are more to level you up than any real story elements if memory serves.

Could you possibly be talking about Draenor? You also go through a portal to that expansion, but Warlords of Draenor is a much more recent expansion, and that has a sequence of events/quests as a part of its intro, where Burning Crusade is just go through the Dark Portal and business as usual. I do not remember the sequence of events leading up to going into Warlords as well, but a google search turned up http://www.wowhead.com/quest=34398/the-dark-portal as the starting mission that should set off the rest of the sequence.

Yes...that is the one i am thinking about. So sorry for mixing up the storylines...guess i need to be level 90 for it to unlock since even with level scaling some sections are locked behind levels. But again, thanks a lot for getting me on the right track :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.