Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WET

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 15, 2009

An homage to obscene grindhouse-style movies, WET is a third-person action/shooter soaked in blood and violence. Featuring the voice acting talent of Eliza Dushku & Alan Cumming.

I thought the Wet demo was great...

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Eli

I found it very fun. Idk why a bunch of people don't like it. My favorite part was the style and soundtrack. It's like Grindhouse the game.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

I'll admit it too: I did somewhat enjoy the demo. However, it seems pretty obvious that the game needs a fair bit of polish graphically and gameplaywise. Some of the ideas are great; but some of it definitely needs to be utilised in a more interesting and original manner.

RyanD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RyanD

I really liked its personality. it had a very kill bill/ quentin tarintino style. actually the story sounds piece for piece like kill bill. "girl who is skilled with sword gets double crossed and gets her revenge". but i am fine with that cause i would like a kill bill game. and even though the game play needs some sprucing i think its personality is what really stands out. this falls in the same category as "No More Heroes" for me since i am willing to let the lacking gameplay slide so i can see more of the cutscenes and characters

Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Raiden36O

Seemed a bit low budget. A decent enough game, but it was getting very repetitive during the demo. I don't think it will have enough gameplay to justify a full priced purchase. Maybe a decent rental if your bored.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

I really loved this demo actually. I found the B-movie style very neat and different and the action was exciting. It was sort of like Stranglehold with a hot lady as it (boy, she is hot). The middle, red sequence with the silhouettes was very zany in a good way, and the last sequence on the cars was fun too. I never gave this game much thought before but now I have to play it when it comes out.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    @dbz1995 said:
    " I'll admit it too: I did somewhat enjoy the demo. However, it seems pretty obvious that the game needs a fair bit of polish graphically and gameplaywise. Some of the ideas are great; but some of it definitely needs to be utilised in a more interesting and original manner. "
    graphic polish? Looked fine to me. Gameplay, a few things certainly did need work, like wall climbing. 
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Milkman

I hated it. The aiming seemed really off and the overall gun play was completely unsatisfying. I did like the look and the art style but the actual game part was really underwhelming.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Akeldama
    @Eli said:
    " I found it very fun. Idk why a bunch of people don't like it. My favorite part was the style and soundtrack. It's like Grindhouse the game. "
    repetitive and generic are not in your vocabulary, are they...
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

ELIZA DUSHKU?!

*fap fap fap fap fap*

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

I thought the demo was a load of crap. It reminded me of Stranglehold.

I've had ample grind house shit this year with HoTD:Overkill.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By clubsandwich
    @jakob187 said:
    " ELIZA DUSHKU?! *fap fap fap fap fap* "
    Well played sir. she's got the sexiest voice I've ever heard. the game looks like it's just fun, I like the B movie look the game has, it reminds me a lot of kill bill, but the big turn off are the graphics, I'm not a graphic whore but seriously it looks like a PS2 game, but the concept is really interesting imo.
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RandomHero666

The deom is good, but out this month? Surely not. 
    By the end of the demo it felt a bit stale. 
     Jump - Shoot - Slide - Shoot - Jump - Shoot etc.. 
     Still satisfying though, maybe ill rent it

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By regularassmilk

It seems like all I did was jump and shoot, and slide and shoot. The gameplay in the DEMO felt repetetive, I can't imagine the game being much better.
    Felt kinda clunky too.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RandomHero666

I can see that 'drink to regain health then quickdraw shotted bottle' getting VERRRY repetitive 

kerikxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By kerikxi

Just finished the demo. Definitely feels like it needs more polish. They've almost got a Prince of Persia style platforming system there, but it doesn't feel quite right. The combat was alright, but the environments need to be set up to take better advantage of it. Not a bad game, but if the shipped product is identical to the demo, pass.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By killroycantkill

I really liked this game. When you get to the arena part you can basically get used to the level there because sure you can just slide and shoot but pulling off the fancyer stuff is much more statisfying but needs more work to do. This game reminds me of Tony Hawk but with guns, you need to have a line to go through to be able to do any good on the harder levels. Sure kickfliping will get you places in normal but on sick dificulty you need to know where to grind and what lines lead to where.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By CowMuffins

Graphics blew, hard.
    The only thing good about it was the soundtrack.
    If you liked this game, I suggest you go pick up Stranglehold on the cheaps, much better game that this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.