Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vanquish

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

Take the fight to evil Russian robots using a rocket-powered self-adapting battlesuit in this innovative third-person shooter from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.

yo mister review where ya at?

JoMate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoMate

I'm pretty sure they promised us a review of this game but it is 2 weeks now and still nothing :( 

does anyone know where it is? or is giantbomb just lazy (not a problem in my eyes, way to few people try to be lazy these days)

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

*sigh*

iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iSylence

I believe the review was only available for subscribers. From memory it was over 9000. I reckon you should go buy it.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mcfart

They don't review every game they QL. However, in 10 minutes (and the Bombcast they cover it a lot) they bascicly review it then. 4 stars.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vitor
    @JoMate said:

" I'm pretty sure they promised us a review of this game but it is 2 weeks now and still nothing :(  does anyone know where it is? or is giantbomb just lazy (not a problem in my eyes, way to few people try to be lazy these days) "

Since the team here is so small, they usually have a policy that a late review serves nobody and so tend not to do them. If the review isn't out in the first week, it's not going to get any hits and the people who needed that critical analysis for informing their purchasing decision either A) listened to the Bombcast and got it from there as they tend to discuss the latest games in at least some depth or B) went somewhere else (ala metacritic/eurogamer et all) and got the info that way, 

Giantbomb isn't trying to be another Gamespot or IGN and just try to throw out as much content as they can - it's about a more personal take on things and so they can't afford to spread themselves too thin lest it compromise the quality of the site's content. Fair enough getting Alex Navarro to review a few games when they're short for time but I doubt any of us want to see too many freelance reviews popping up which is the only alternative (just look at the backlash that happened when Kessler started writing decent articles on a regular basis).
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

I'm pretty sure they promised us a review of Battle Fantasia, but it's been two years and still nothing.

Soooo... It may not actually happen. They've moved on to other games.

AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentZigzag

Why do we need a review? Aren't there enough out there already? Does anyone who hasn't bought it yet expect some vital fact about it to be revealed that no other site has mentioned?

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blacklab
    @AgentZigzag said:
    " Why do we need a review? Aren't there enough out there already? Does anyone who hasn't bought it yet expect some vital fact about it to be revealed that no other site has mentioned? "
    Yes, we want OUR guys to review it. Because they don't suck.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vitor
    @Vitor said:

" @JoMate said:

" I'm pretty sure they promised us a review of this game but it is 2 weeks now and still nothing :(  does anyone know where it is? or is giantbomb just lazy (not a problem in my eyes, way to few people try to be lazy these days) "

Since the team here is so small, they usually have a policy that a late review serves nobody and so tend not to do them. If the review isn't out in the first week, it's not going to get any hits and the people who needed that critical analysis for informing their purchasing decision either A) listened to the Bombcast and got it from there as they tend to discuss the latest games in at least some depth or B) went somewhere else (ala metacritic/eurogamer et all) and got the info that way,  Giantbomb isn't trying to be another Gamespot or IGN and just try to throw out as much content as they can - it's about a more personal take on things and so they can't afford to spread themselves too thin lest it compromise the quality of the site's content. Fair enough getting Alex Navarro to review a few games when they're short for time but I doubt any of us want to see too many freelance reviews popping up which is the only alternative (just look at the backlash that happened when Kessler started writing decent articles on a regular basis). "
    http://www.giantbomb.com/vanquish/61-29903/reviews/  

Well, I take that back...  
    bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bravetoaster
    @JoMate said:
    Why don't you send them a pm and personally ask them. Make sure you ask if they're lazy.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

Surprised why they pulled through with this, but again didn't review Red Dead Redemption. Suppose because Vanquish is a much more intricate title that not everyone can safely guess it'll be fantastic.

JoMate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoMate

well we can finally say: they did it boys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.