Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vanquish

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

Take the fight to evil Russian robots using a rocket-powered self-adapting battlesuit in this innovative third-person shooter from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.

Did you realise there was a smoke button, did you make use of it?

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By WalkerTR77

It's such a minor detail, but it really epitomises why Vanquish is both ridiculous and excellent in equal measure, on top of all of the outrageous knee boosting, gravel voiced, slow motion, Russian roboting Japanomania there's a fucking smoke button. For those who didn't know, while in cover, hit the left bumper to have Sam flip up his visor and grab a quick fag. There's only 3 per level so use them wisely, I personally couldn't help but casually whip out a cigarette during heavy gunfights just for dramatic effect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I have to get this game now.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Only three? Snake has infinite cigs in the MGS games! 

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By captain_clayman

i'd like to vanquish myself some fags

AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AgentZigzag

Its a distract mechanic: The idea being that you toss it and enemies are distracted and fire at it for a few seconds because apparently their all using heat sensors to see.

You don't need it at all on Normal but on Hard and God Hard I found the cigs can be a life-saver.   If you're suit over-heats and you need to run because enemies are advancing on your cover you can throw a cig and get a vital couple of seconds where they aren't firing at you. Since you move slower when you're suit overheats you die a lot when you can't quickly boost to new cover (because you can't boost when your suit overheats) and on the higher difficulty settings the baddies are so accurate you sometimes need that couple of seconds the cig gives you.

Its an awesomely cool way to do a distract trick I think! And most likely an affectionate nod to Metal Gear.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By XenoNick

I used it once or twice and got the achievment related to it.  It's a silly / fun idea.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DelroyLindo

mainly just used it for achievements, though as mentioned it is helpful on hard

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By phantomzxro

yes i knew of it and think it is cool in the useage of it and for the simple fact that there is a smoke button.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.