Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Unit 13

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

Unit 13 is a third person military shooter from SOCOM developers Zipper Interactive.

Don't Bother buying from Game / Gamestation stores in UK

aseddon130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aseddon130

I've had a massive hassle this morning buying this game, tried three different stores in the town i live near and they weren't stocking it until the weekend at the earliest and they also had it marked up at £34.99 and not £29.99 like everybody else (also applies to HMV who had it in stock but had it at £34.99)

Went into a local Tesco store who do Vita stuff and they had it at £29.99 which, with conjunction with my staff discount, brought it down even more. So If you're doing trade-in stuff just go to CeX, get the cash and make your way to your local supermarket that stocks Vita stuff and get it much cheaper (and 3p cheaper than the PSN store download)

There's no wonder that Game and Gamestation are going down if they cannot even stock games on launch day and then stick a good £5 ontop of the price for no reason. Good riddance if you ask me.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

There in a tough time, but yeah Tesco is pretty cool with games, only recently have they seemed like they care about video games.

aseddon130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By aseddon130

as i say in my first comment i work for Tesco and i'm actually on the Entertainment section and we normally get the games in pretty early (a couple of days early) ready for friday launch and the store i'm in isn't even a big store, so you'd expect a Game store to have the same amount of content. Disappointing really.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By AssInAss

@aseddon130 said:

I've had a massive hassle this morning buying this game, tried three different stores in the town i live near and they weren't stocking it until the weekend at the earliest and they also had it marked up at £34.99 and not £29.99 like everybody else (also applies to HMV who had it in stock but had it at £34.99)

Went into a local Tesco store who do Vita stuff and they had it at £29.99 which, with conjunction with my staff discount, brought it down even more. So If you're doing trade-in stuff just go to CeX, get the cash and make your way to your local supermarket that stocks Vita stuff and get it much cheaper (and 3p cheaper than the PSN store download)

There's no wonder that Game and Gamestation are going down if they cannot even stock games on launch day and then stick a good £5 ontop of the price for no reason. Good riddance if you ask me.

Game and Gamestation will likely go out of business, which necessitates the question: "What would happen if GAME died?"

Great article.

Personally, I don't have a problem paying full-price for games, and I only buy around 4-5 games a year. But I can sympathise with people who are afraid if used games are gone, if CEX also disappears.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.