Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

People Take This Game Really Seriously Online

chmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By chmod

Since buying this game on Thursday, I've played about 20 matches online and after about 7 of them, I've received a message from my opponent calling me a "pussy" or some kind of other insult. It's ridiculous. Quite frankly, it makes the online unenjoyable for me. Especially because (as far as I can tell) I haven't done anything unfair or wrong. Most of the time I just play my opponent's weaknesses and if I beat them, they whine and moan about how I should "stand up and fight like a man". Sorry guys, but I really enjoyed the online until people started acting like jerks. Anyways, anybody else getting fed up with douchebags online?

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gizmo

Most UFC fans are hot blooded males, what did you expect?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187
    DyanRavis said:
    Since buying this game on Thursday, I've played about 20 matches online and after about 7 of them, I've received ... [more]
    Wait wait wait...so you mean to tell me that you're getting upset that these guys are pissed that you're GOOD at the game?  Oh, for shame!!!  Really, if you keep rocking their faces off, and they are getting pissed, then GOOD!!!  You are doing your job right!!!
    webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By webby

Lol welcome to online gaming

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Nasar7
    Webby said:
    Lol welcome to online gaming
    Allow me to extend my welcome as well. Being a dick right back is amusing to hear them get even more pissed off.
    fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By fresh2deafbill

i'm fed up with people quitting when you knock them out

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By End_Boss
    DyanRavis said:
    Since buying this game on Thursday, I've played about 20 matches online and after about 7 of them, I've received ... [more]
    The UFC is filled with some of the most angry, arrogant human beings on the planet. It's only natural that the community of the game that pays tribute to it would follow suit.
    momentarylogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By momentarylogic

Kinda off topic, but I noticed in a UFC fight that it was rigged... and some of the fans are hardcore about it.

Oddly, I am not that into it and noticed the fight being thrown but I have never hear any of those hardcore guys mention it. I think we are staring down the next gen WWE.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

I think its just two things:  The quality of assholes you'll find in online gaming and also the fact that if you don't understand the game's complex and abstract ground game it is EXTREMELY frusterating.  I know from experience.  Have loved everything about the game but I just can't do any ground defense and am left helpless against my enemies usually.  It's always disappointing.  I mean I'm figuring the game out but it does have a learning curve and I for me at least its so frustrating because I want to be good at it and enjoy it a lot.  It'll probably improve as people play the game more I'd think.

I mean again the assholes are the biggest factor but the frusteration might make it worse.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
    DyanRavis said:
    How is the lag for you when you play online matches?
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jkz

I don't understand why having a controller in people's hands makes them feel that they need to act like total and utter idiots. It's even more infuriating because these are the same people who sit in the corner, not talking, almost as if they save it all up for online.

It's frustrating, but that's why I don't pay them a modicum of attention
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60
    jukezypoo said:
    I don't understand why having a controller in people's hands makes them feel that they need to act like total ... [more]
    How would you possibly know that? A idiot is a idiot, a dumbass doesn't have to be a loner. You are not the brightest tool in the shed if you honestly think those are the ONLY people who are morons and douchebags online.
    billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By billcosby2004
    DyanRavis said:
    And you're upset about this?  Hearing nerd rage over a headset is one of the most gratifying feelings you can have in gaming if you're on the winning side.  The noob tube in COD4, the noob combo in Halo 2, it goes on and on, losers will always look for scapegoats as to why they lost, most will never come to terms with their lack of skill.  My advice - laugh at them and throw some gas on the fire, make em angrier.
    Phaseshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Phaseshift

Keep up the good fight OP

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By jakob187
    billcosby2004 said:
    DyanRavis said: Since buying this game on Thursday, I've played about 20 matches online and after about 7 of them, ... [more]
    o.O  Noob tubes involve skill?  I wasn't aware of that.  Next thing I'll hear you say is that picking up a Tarantula, holding the trigger, and spinning around in circles to lock homing missiles onto players involves skill too...right?

Rocket launchers, noob tubes, grenades, and armored vehicles still exist in games so that the little kids and those with no accuracy or skill can still play the stupid game.  Unfortunately, they use all of these items in the wrong ways.  They use a noob tube for single targets, when it should be used for groups of people.  Same with grenades.  Rocket launchers are there for armored vehicles...and WHY they have a rocket launcher that can home in on and track down players in Bionic Commando is BEYOND ME because there are NO vehicles in the game.  Armored vehicles should be used for armor and vehicles.  It's all common sense.  Unfortunately, there will always be people that feel like less of a player for everyone else, and just like the rich yuppie scum that drive Ferraris and Porsches to compensate for their lack of sexual prowess and dick size, players who have to focus on using these items inevitably have no skill and will never get BETTER at the game.

Hell, why do you think Halo is so popular?  Half the weapon in that game seem to cause explosions.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stang

When I think UFC, I think excessive amounts of testosterone, anger, and beer. Put those together and it not the least bit surprising people playing this on Live are complete douche bags.

chmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By chmod

Thanks for all the support, guys. It's nice to see that everyone playing this game isn't a complete asshole.

In another note:
    My most recent fight was against a guy using a CAF. He had like 97 Standing Kick and 87 Standing Punch and the guy expected me to go toe-to-toe with him and try to out strike him. I got a message after a first round submission victory calling me a "twat" and a "pussy". These people are idiots, but I'm going to try to take it less seriously, after all, this game is pretty amazing.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By End_Boss
    jakob187 said:
    billcosby2004 said: DyanRavis said: Since buying this game on Thursday, I've played about 20 matches online and after about 7 ... [more]
    That was uncalled for. While Halo has it's fair share of inexperienced and obnoxious players (hell, maybe more than it's fair share), it's lame of you to generalize the player base like that. A lot of us play the game strategically, and I can assure you that on any given map obtaining the rocket launcher (or any of its equivalents) is the last thing on my mind. Give me a Battle Rifle and things to shoot over big explosions any day.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VWGTI

If you're winning you're doing something right. Keepy doing what you do. Fuck the haters.

I reply to each butt hurt person with a kind "learn to play." Just let it all roll of your shoulders, brother.

monkey523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By monkey523

^^^Right on.^^^

No reason to let someone else's inability to deal with their lack of skill get you down!!

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By poser

Dude grow some balls it's a UFC game.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CL60

Just keep destroying faces and laugh at them when they message you.

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By freezerr
    momentarylogic said:
    Kinda off topic, but I noticed in a UFC fight that it was rigged... and some of the fans are ... [more]

Ok, I'll bite. Which fight was rigged?
    Avatar image for shogunsupremacy
    ShogunSupremacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShogunSupremacy

Case in point I was a kickboxer going up against a boxer, so I exploted him and kicked the shit out of him and eventually knocked him out!!! So I receive a message not 1 min later called me a pussy and I should stand up and I replied back..."Dipshit, Im a kickboxer!!!" needless to say he didnt right back, people online can be dumb apes for sure....im 21 - 23 and Im not bitchin!

triplexpac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By triplexpac

I tend to be wary whenever I am matched up with someone with a record of like 32 wins 2 losses, 31 by KO 1 by submission. They tend to be disconnecters. The best feeling in the world is taking them down and submitting them with my first move, before they have a chance to unplug their router.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CL60
    triplexpac said:
    I tend to be wary whenever I am matched up with someone with a record of like 32 wins 2 ... [more]
    Ya, I don't see how anybody could have that without DCing, flash KOs can happen anytime!
    billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By billcosby2004
    @jakob187:

Whoa, ease down there champ.   I'm not saying I agree with those tactics in those games, or that using them = skill.  In fact, players who noob tube, noob combo, homing rockets, etc are usually easily beatable because they only use one strategy.  

My point to the OP was to find it funny that people get so mad about him beating their asses, its part of the fun of online gaming.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By ImperiousRix

I certainly get excited, but some people are getting nasty out there.
    I faced some guy the other day as Sean Sherk while he was Matt Hughes.  After the first round ended (with him constantly trying to keep the fight standing while I scored takedown after takedown), I get a message from the guy.  I obviously can't listen to it while I'm trying to fight, so the second round commences and about halfway through, I take him to the ground, mount up, and KO him after a series of hammer-fists to the head.  After the match I listen to the message and it goes like this:
    "You're a pussy!  Stand and strike, stop fucking running away pussy!"
    I didn't bother responding, but I probably would have told him that if he wanted to stand and strike, he probably should've picked a better striker than Matt Hughes.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lowbrow

Their anger feeds my soul!

When someone is talking shit, before a fight, or after a win, I just laugh.

If they call me a pussy, I simply ask them how it feels to get beat by a vagina. And laugh, really loud at them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.