Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ubisoft Entertainment

Company »

Ubisoft Entertainment (pronounced yoo-bee-soft) is a French videogame developer and publisher, with its headquarters in Montreuil-Sous-Bois, France.

Ubisoft's site hacked by pirates

sexy_nipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sexy_nipples
    Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Semition

Intense...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Um... k.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

hah nice

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Whisperkill

the war is on

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mcfart

awesome

LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidS

nice
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Absurd

Boom.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By beargirl1

hahaha i love it 

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By meteora

Meh.

Nothing nearly as awesome as the war againt Scientology.

Now that was insane.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ryax
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TotalEklypse

lol brutal. and what wait? what war on scientology i missed that?
    sexy_nipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sexy_nipples
    @TotalEklypse said:
    " lol brutal. and what wait? what war on scientology i missed that? "
    this 

I want to see pics 
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By meteora
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Phished0ne

*sigh* hackers.. 

i wish these people could put this much energy towards something useful..i dont mind cracking the oppressive drm...but site hacking is so 95.

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

That will show them for trying to stop pirates! 
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Skytylz

Lol, how don't those people get arrested?

sexy_nipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sexy_nipples
    @Skytylz said:

" Lol, how don't those people get arrested? "

all these cracker groups like Razor 1911 and skidrow are in Europe, I think Eastern Europe. The authorities  had a lot of police raids on these groups in the early 2000's but its mostly quit now. These groups are like impossible to track just like axxo. They aren't stupid. They are actually trained and don't just recruit people out of the blue.    
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lulz 

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @Meteora:
    alright read the wiki and HAH. good stuff. crazy fake faith nuts
    Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Korone

Made my day. I hope the pirates do win this one.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#22  Edited By wefwefasdf

That is pretty funny. I always found the idea of hacking quite cool.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Jeffsekai

Sad.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Korone said:

" Made my day. I hope the pirates do win this one. "

This, only because if they don't win, other companies will put shitty and ridiculous DRM on their games similar to Ubisoft's.  On the contrary, it could also make Ubisoft implement worse DRM or eventually quit publishing on the PC. 
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Phished0ne
    @xobballox said:
    " @Korone said:

This, only because if they don't win, other companies will put shitty and ridiculous DRM on their games similar to Ubisoft's.  On the contrary, it could also make Ubisoft implement worse DRM or eventually quit publishing on the PC.  "
    i disagree 

the cracking of drm causes the companies to freak out about pirating, thus putting DRM on their products.  it could go either way.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By meteora

If piracy wasn't a huge issue to begin with we'd only need a simple CD key verification for everything instead of these complicated DRMs.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By JJOR64

Lawl.

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine
    @Korone said:
    "Made my day. I hope the pirates do win this one. "

I feel you on not wanting too much DRM and stuff.  As somebody who just lost their CD-key for Starcraft but still has all the discs, I feel like DRM is out to get me. 

But if pirates win every battle like this, there won't be any games for anybody to play.  They will just find a new reason to steal the next game.  I want this DRM to go away, but you don't want the pirates to win.
    sexy_nipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sexy_nipples
    @Phished0ne said:
    " @xobballox said:
    " @Korone said:

This, only because if they don't win, other companies will put shitty and ridiculous DRM on their games similar to Ubisoft's.  On the contrary, it could also make Ubisoft implement worse DRM or eventually quit publishing on the PC.  "
    i disagree  the cracking of drm causes the companies to freak out about pirating, thus putting DRM on their products.  it could go either way. "
    Not really. Look at Steam. Games don't have DRM, unless you count Steam as one, and they sell fine. I mean how many PC developers close down? All the piracy stuff is just PR bullshit. Crytek is crying about piracy, but they made enough profit  to open a new studio in UK, buy Free Radical and re-hire all its employees, make the most advanced game engine, and a sequel 
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dark_Jon

pwned

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Phished0ne
    @sexy_nipples:
    Steam is fancy DRM.  It prevents you from playing the game on a computer that it isnt validated to play on. 
      And "all the piracy stuff is pr bullshit" is what pirates tell themselves when they want to goto sleep at night.  I mean its even a fucking problem on handheld consoles, why no one makes games for the PSP, why nintendo released the DSI,  the answer to both is piracy.
    Blackmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Blackmoore
    @sexy_nipples said:
    Not really. Look at Steam. Games don't have DRM, unless you count Steam as one, and they sell fine. I mean how many PC developers close down? All the piracy stuff is just PR bullshit. Crytek is crying about piracy, but they made enough profit  to open a new studio in UK, buy Free Radical and re-hire all its employees, make the most advanced game engine, and a sequel  "
    What about World of Goo? World of Goo was sold on Steam or sold separately sans DRM and has a piracy rate close to 90%. 
    ColMirage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ColMirage
    @Phished0ne: How so? @Steam.

As long as you're logged into your Steam account you can use whatever you own whenever.
    sexy_nipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sexy_nipples
    @Phished0ne said:
    " @sexy_nipples: Steam is fancy DRM.  It prevents you from playing the game on a computer that it isnt validated to play on.   And "all the piracy stuff is pr bullshit" is what pirates tell themselves when they want to goto sleep at night.  I mean its even a fucking problem on handheld consoles, why no one makes games for the PSP, why nintendo released the DSI,  the answer to both is piracy. "
    It is an easier DRM system. I mean, I've been able to share games with my friend on it. Just sign on his account, and play it. If he wants to sign on, just play offline. It is an easier DRM system, that mostly enjoy mainly because of the sales and how easy it is. I mean, you need a DRM system no matter what. On PC, I can buy a game and play it with 5 other people who are using my copy at the same time. On consoles you can share it but only one person can play it. Steam is a perfect balance between what the devs want and what the consumers want. And I'm talking about PC games. handhelds are a different story.  

Like what PC devs have closed down because of being pirated? I can name you so many console developers or publisher who lose profit, go bankrupt etc.. because people just buy their game used, borrow of their friend or rent the game. Used games, and renting are far more of a problem for devs. Little King's Story devs, they're bankrupt.  

Free Radical, bankrupt. Eidos, bankrupt. Midway, bankrupt etc.. The only PC devs that went bankrupt are the MMO devs. You can't pirate MMO games, but they went bankrupt because people just stopped playing their games and the server costs were too much and they never got any profit.  
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It's funny, I don't know who to root for, pirates or ubisoft. On one hand you have pirates who steals games, yet you have such extreme drm, you sort of think, well they don't have to deal with it for their version. Then on the other hand, now pirates can't play this game and normal customers has this extreme drm. I don't think those pirates or ubisoft is right, however I suppose there is no choice and now we have angry pirates trying to disrupt ubisoft and ubisoft using such extreme drm to disrupt pirates.

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wright

yar-har fiddle-dee-dee...

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Phished0ne
    @ColMirage said:
    " @Phished0ne: How so? @Steam.  As long as you're logged into your Steam account you can use whatever you own whenever. "
    its very very good drm, but its drm none the less. It prevents people who arent authorized to own something from owning it. 

@sexy_nipples:   Yes, you can pirate mmos, its very hard, but i know several people who have.  I don't  know specifics, but its completely ridiculous to walk around pretending that piracy isnt a problem. We've seen the decline of PC gaming, and its ignorant for you to say that piracy hasn't played a part in it. Piracy is why companies are starting to ditch the pc and make console games, because the drm is built into the console. You say that renting or used games are more detrimental to the games industry, but you cant rent pc games, so what would you attribute the steady decline of pc gaming to?    

The reason you've never heard of of a dev closing down "because of piracy" is that there are a myriad of problems with pc gaming now-a-days, and piracy is just one, but your fooling yourself if you say its not a problem at all.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Phished0ne said:

" @xobballox said:

" @Korone said:

i disagree  the cracking of drm causes the companies to freak out about pirating, thus putting DRM on their products.  it could go either way. "
    Which is why I added "On the contrary, it could also make Ubisoft implement worse DRM " :P
    Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bionicicide

Doesn't this hacking war happen every time a new DRM comes out? And the Publishers answer with stricter DRM. New tactic: don't buy games with ridiculous DRM and don't pirate them.

@sexy_nipples:

Renting services pay a lot more per game than Joe Schmo does. PC studios are focusing on consoles more than ever before so does that count? I mean, how many console developers are jumping to PC?
    sexy_nipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By sexy_nipples
    @Phished0ne said:
    " @ColMirage said:
    " @Phished0ne: How so? @Steam.  As long as you're logged into your Steam account you can use whatever you own whenever. "
    its very very good drm, but its drm none the less. It prevents people who arent authorized to own something from owning it. 

@sexy_nipples:   Yes, you can pirate mmos, its very hard, but i know several people who have.  I don't  know specifics, but its completely ridiculous to walk around pretending that piracy isnt a problem. We've seen the decline of PC gaming, and its ignorant for you to say that piracy hasn't played a part in it. Piracy is why companies are starting to ditch the pc and make console games, because the drm is built into the console. You say that renting or used games are more detrimental to the games industry, but you cant rent pc games, so what would you attribute the steady decline of pc gaming to?     The reason you've never heard of of a dev closing down "because of piracy" is that there are a myriad of problems with pc gaming now-a-days, and piracy is just one, but your fooling yourself if you say its not a problem at all. "
    Myriad of problems with PC gaming? Like? I mean Bad Company 2 sold more on the PC than the PS3 version and 360 version combined. Games sell well on PC games. It is just that they barely release the sales for PC games. I mean companies would be closing down no? Devs just use it as an excuse to go multiplatform. You know PC gamers get annoyed when games get dumbed down for consoles, so devs just say "Piracy was a big problem". You expect them to say "We want more money. We're going to broaden our audience to more casual fans". Fans get annoyed when their beloved series loses all depth because of those reason. I mean PC gaming netted over $13 Billion dollars in 2010, developers barely closed down.. That is an increase over the past like 4 years. 
    Honestly, people who have no idea about PC gaming say it is dying. It has increased over the years in terms of profit. PC gaming is dying? Then why is he profit increasing? Why are devs buying out console devs and rehiring them? Why are barely any closing down or filing for bankruptcy?  
      Renting and used games are far more of a problem than piracy for devs nowadays. I mean why do console developers close down? Eidos? Midway? Those are huge publishers/devs. Look at the PC devs and publishers. Very, very, very few have closed down. 

And pirating MMOs is like impossible. The most you can do is get on a cracked server, which is useless because people have hacked characters. Good luck for PvP.  

Like I said, if PC gaming had a problem, then that means no one is buying PC games and devs would lose money and close down. Is that happening? No, console devs are closing down.  
    Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Brunchies

Hehe, that was pretty funny. 

sexy_nipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sexy_nipples
    @Bionicicide:  

Renting services are still just as bad as piracy for devs.  

Used games, renting, piracy 

The devs get zero profit from it.  

PC studios aren't focusing on console gaming. Most of the time they are just handing out ports. Dragon Age, Crysis 2, Supreme Commander 2, Far Cry 2, The Orange Box etc.. 

There is a huge gap in the quality between the PC version and console version. I'll take TF2's new equipment, game modes, 32 new maps over the $10 DLC for 360 which has like no content.  

They are just easy cash ins. That is what the console businees really is for devs. Milking a series, quick cash ins = console gaming for devs. Look at activision. COD every year? Like 3 guitar hero games a year? A sports game ever year from EA? Content that you have to buy but is already on the disc? It is just extra profit because they know a lot of console gamers will bend over 
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Phished0ne
    @sexy_nipples said: 

Honestly, people who have no idea about PC gaming say it is dying.

Then i guess every staff member on every popular gaming website in the world knows nothing about pc gaming.       
     maybe your right duder, who knows? you dont, i dont, only time will tell.  

all i know is that devs should be kissing valves ass for making a drm system that is transparent, so transparent that most people dont even realize that it is. 
    sexy_nipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sexy_nipples
    @Phished0ne said:
    " @sexy_nipples said: 

Honestly, people who have no idea about PC gaming say it is dying.

Then i guess every staff member on every popular gaming website in the world knows nothing about pc gaming.       
     maybe your right duder, who knows? you dont, i dont, only time will tell.  

all i know is that devs should be kissing valves ass for making a drm system that is transparent, so transparent that most people dont even realize that it is.  "
    PC gaming needs a DRM system.  Console have it in that you can't save a game on your console. Steam is the perfect answer. I can still share games with my friends, I don't have any problems. Gabe newell and the head of Gog.com both said that if buying real games and playing the real copy is more of hassle than playing a pirated version than there is a problem. Is there a problem with Steam? No. It works perfectly. not only that but find me one other place that has better game deals. I remember Arkham Aslyum cost $50 in stores for consoles. Look at the Eidos Collector Pack on Steam. Arkham Aslyum plus like 20 other games. It was on sale for $50.  STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl for $2? Sure why not. KOTOR 1 for $2.50? Dirt 2 for $20 a month after it comes out? The entire Total War franchise for $20? People don't mind because the deals are phenomenal and the whole system is still easy to use.

Every staff member on a popular gaming website? Do they have any proof though? They just spout random bullshit most of the time. Like IGN, I should trust them so much. "GTA4 is the greatest game since Ocarina of Time"  

+1 for IGN.  

Hell, how many articles on those wondrous sites do they have actual facts and evidence? Pretty much none. You said PC gaming was going down in the past few year. But the profit for PC gaming has been continuously increasing. The reason people think so is because they are stupid. They have no evidence. They'll just believe what ever other people say. Like the Cell. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.