Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War: Shogun 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 26, 2011

Total War: Shogun 2 is the sequel to Shogun: Total War, the first game in the Total War series. Shogun 2 is an epic strategy game, combining real-time 3D battles with turn based city and economic management.

I love this game, but...

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By galiant

...I'm really starting to lose my temper here!!

It's my first Total War game and I'm in love, the campaign, co-op campaign, even the multiplayer is so satisfying. I love how tactical it gets and I can't believe little details like how the units will individually execute one another, I find myself often zooming in just to watch the chaos unfold.

But WHY, WHY is it so messed up? In the 130 hours I've played of this game, so far I've NEVER completed a co-op campaign. The game glitches out on you before you can get that far, and it gets stuck in some endless wait. When playing multiplayer I can hardly ever find a game through matchmaking, it either gets stuck on "opponent found, arranging battle" - which, by the way, you can't cancel out of in any way - I have to CTRL + ALT + DELETE my way out of it (this is also the only way to get clan tokens, which you need to further upgrade your units, and as such I hardly ever get any of them) - and when I actually do get inside a game, I lose connection to Steam (which aborts the game), get dropped from the host, or my partner (or even my opponents) get dropped.

I'm not even going to get into all the other minor bugs I've experienced with this game...

I wish this game would work properly, I really do. How is it possible for a game to be this messed up in this day and age?

Rant off.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Because CA has never cared much about patching their games.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bwmcmaste
    @Galiant:  

I was in your same position with Empire: Total War (256 hours). My advice is to check out the http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php , it's a great place to find mods and support; they've done more to support the Total War series than CA. Best of luck!
    galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#4  Edited By galiant

@bwmcmaste: Thanks for the link!

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By amir90

Hasn't happened to me yet, luckily ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.